Gamers to play Fallout 3 marathon for charity

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Gamers to play Fallout 3 marathon for charity

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Community -> Article ]</strong>

<p>A group of gamers has announced that they will play a marathon of<strong><em> Fallout 3</em></strong> in order to raise money for the charity Childs Play. Here's the press release:</p>
<blockquote>
<p><em>On February 17th, a group of gamers will be playing through the popular video game "Fallout 3" for over sixty hours, all while collecting donations for Child's Play Charity, giving entertainment and more importantly, hope, to those in children's hospitals.

Child's Play (www.childsplaycharity.org) </em></p>
<div id="bd"><em>is a charity "dedicated to improving the lives of children in hospitals around the world through the kindness and generosity of the video game community and the power of play". Over almost a decade, it has raised over ten million dollars for those children, donations which Cameron D. Hosner, President & CEO of the Children&rsquo;s Hospital of Michigan, says will "support seriously-ill children in hospitals by distracting them from their illnesses, and help them cope with fear, anxiety, and boredom&rdquo;.

Over a period of almost two years, this marathon team has raised over two thousand dollars throughout three marathons. We have been able to do this both by showcasing the game and through audience interaction. The viewers of the marathon aren't just viewers, they are participants, and valued members of the team.

The event begins at www.fallout3marathon.com at February 17th at 5:00 PM Pacific, and will stretch on for over sixty hours.</em></div>
<p><em>
# # #

</em></p>
<div id="ab"><em>Fallout 3 Marathon is a charity event where money will be raised for Child's Play Charity while a group of teenagers play through the popular video game Fallout 3.</em></div>
</blockquote>
<p><em> </em></p>
<div></div>
<div>You can view <a href="http://www.fallout3marathon.com/">their website here</a>.</div>
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I guess they don't use New Vegas to spare the poor audience from actually having to make a decision?
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Pizzahut Lover
Cakester Alt; I'm going places in life

Post by Pizzahut Lover »

Retlaw83 wrote:I guess they don't use New Vegas to spare the poor audience from actually having to make a decision?
I guess they don't. But they are using Fallout 3 . Up your comprehension champ. Your grammar is perfect but not for what was stated in the OP.

Don't be too callous when you fire back at me for your own fault.
Taco-Hero
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Taco-Hero »

Retlaw83 wrote:I guess they don't use New Vegas to spare the poor audience from actually having to make a decision?
Plus wouldn't make sense to have a marathon for a game that's actually good. Anyone can play a good game for hours on end. But doing that with a bad game for charity is really something. Look at LRR did with Desert Bus.
Our Host!