Online Dating Sites (Another doomed Thread or Home to spam?)

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

What do you think of Online Dating sites(Match.com)

Poll ended at Sat Oct 26, 2002 11:26 am

Use everyone of them.
No votes
Use one, and keep it up to date.
5%
Use one or more but don't keep it up.
11%
Used one or more and gave up.
11%
Never used one but might.
No votes
Never used one and never will.
21%
What the hell man?!
53%

Total votes: 19

AltraWave7
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Online Dating Sites (Another doomed Thread or Home to spam?)

Post by AltraWave7 »

Well...i want your opinions on Online Dating, sites, etc...So let the spam, flaming, etc, begin...

Oh, how many of you use these sites? Be honest!

------------------
So, it has come to this?
------------------
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

i suggest you better fap instead, if you cant do it in real life.
Hello New Jersey
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I've tried a few, mostly Spark.com's and such, but not for *date* search... More like looking for a net-chatting pal, you know. :?

And yes, THAT'S why I sometimes type Men looking for Men, trust me! :wink:
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

I once went to a dating site some time ago to find out how many people i knew were signed up for it. That was hilarious. But what the hell, if they bring people together, hurrah for that.
AltraWave7
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by AltraWave7 »

the guardian wrote:i suggest you better fap instead, if you cant do it in real life.
not for me...just wanted to know what you all thought...

----------
:roll: whatever!
----------
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

well its alright, i suppose, if you're looking for some conversation, but not, if you're looking for a girlfriend... see, either then the distance thing, there's also the problem of not acully talking with this person in real life... on the net, you're usualy an entirely diffrent person, because you're not around people... so its easier for you to make jokes, to talk, etc.

plus, you never get to see the person who you're talking to, and while this is a great opportonity to know him for his mind, personal appearance is also very important... sure, she/he are witty and kind, but, can you honestly say that you wouldnt care how they look like? that it wont bother you if he/she are fat slobs, or that they got a facial distortion, or something like that? get the fuck outta here if you just started typing "no", because everyone get effected by the outer appearance of another indevidual, the diffrence is, how much it effects them... but it always does.

i also think that if you went to internet dating in search for a female/male company(and not just to talk with like minded people), then you're doing it because a)you cant get it in real life, because you're so freaking socialy indept or c)you dont like the society which you're in,meaning, the women, the men, and the general population... well, tough luck sugarcheeks, most of us dont, but we manage just fine, i dont think it requires starting to search on the net, it just means you havent been searching enough in real life... there's got to be atlist one guy/girl you can like,so sod off with your "everyone are stupid" or "everyone hate me"...

did i sum my opinion on interenet dating sites well enough?
Hello New Jersey
AltraWave7
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by AltraWave7 »

This is what I wanted to see people! This is the type of reaction i wanted to spark...emotion, intelligence and yes even a bit of insperation...

Go forward wery one and continue to stand up for what you belive!

-------------
Ah ha! the answer is...
-------------
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

in that case, i suggest you get the fuck out of the board, and go make a show about whale's cum in broadway.....

now im slightly tempted to delete everything i just wrote, you ruined it.

ITS ALL YOUR FAULT.
Hello New Jersey
DrWacco
Respected
Respected

Post by DrWacco »

OMFG and I thought I was sad!

Oh shit I am
AltraWave7
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by AltraWave7 »

the guardian wrote:in that case, i suggest you get the fuck out of the board, and go make a show about whale's cum in broadway.....

now im slightly tempted to delete everything i just wrote, you ruined it.

ITS ALL YOUR FAULT.
Ah...well...ah...hum...eh...I...so, I ruined things you say...how?

So anyway this was a fun experiment...

---------------------
Seven, Six, Five, Four, Three, Two, One...
---------------------
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

the guardian wrote:because everyone get effected by the outer appearance of another indevidual, the diffrence is, how much it effects them... but it always does.
What about if some guy likes fat chicks or facial disor--- or whatever? :?

Try to accept it, guardian, all the people ain't like you: for some of us the physical side doesn't matter so much.
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

oh, shut the fuck up, will you kash? do you even KNOW what i like? i like short red haired chicks, with tight asses... and while ass is a general liking, how many people look for red haired girls with short hair? not a bunch, i can tell you that....

as for others not giving a shit about physical appearance, like i said, some care for it a lot, some care for it a little, but EVERYONE care for it, and saying you only care about how sensetive or pretty or whatever a guy/girl is on the inside, is just plain bullshitting, REALY, it is.
Hello New Jersey
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

as for others not giving a shit about physical appearance, like i said, some care for it a lot, some care for it a little, but EVERYONE care for it
You forgot blind people.
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

a winner is you.
Hello New Jersey
Quagamire
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Quagamire »

the guardian wrote: as for others not giving a shit about physical appearance, like i said, some care for it a lot, some care for it a little, but EVERYONE care for it, and saying you only care about how sensetive or pretty or whatever a guy/girl is on the inside, is just plain bullshitting, REALY, it is.
Could say
as for others not giving a shit about personality, like i said, some care for it a lot, some care for it a little, but EVERYONE care for it, and saying you only care about how pretty someone is, is just plain bullshitting, REALY, it is.

Its the same diffrence and ofcourse theres always extremes like the obese elephant man or the retarded fanatic where evryone will mind, some just dont care about physical/psych enough for it "to matter" in +95%

EDIT: J00 kn0w what Blame cut n paste.
Last edited by Quagamire on Sat Aug 31, 2002 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

and saying you only care about how sensetive or pretty
Whoopsie.
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

a winner is also you.
Hello New Jersey
AltraWave7
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by AltraWave7 »

Iteresting Turn this tread has taken...ok go on with it...

---------------
Being an Admin on one forum and then comming to one your not is disorientating... :)
----------------
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Heh, I tried the services for awhile and didn't meet anyone too worthwhile. But at least I had a few short term sexual relationships out of it! :P Not bad but I finally figured that picking a girlfriend based on stats and similar interests really doesn't work that well. You find out that what you thought mattered doesn't really work for a relationship. And the pickings weren't really that impressive either. Oh well.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

the guardian wrote:well its alright, i suppose, if you're looking for some conversation, but not, if you're looking for a girlfriend...
You know, I think that 99.9% of people who say that they are just looking to chat/for an email penpal are full of shit. I made the mistake when I first came online of looking for an email penpal. Every one of them turned out to be some rotund wench that would end up trying to turn things "romantic".

I won't even go into the heartburn that the screen name "OnTheBounce" caused me in Excite trivia chat. I was cyber-stalked by this laywer from NZ for a while. Damn did she creep me out! :lol:

There were a lot of women that seemed to think that my nick was something sexual, or that I was on the rebound from a relationship or something...sorry gals, ever heard of Rob Heinlein?

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Our Host!