Duck and Cover Forum Index

Use these links, buy stuff from Amazon and help us out, nubs. Link Translator
Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Fishpond.co.nz
  Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 Haywire View next topic
View previous topic
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a action/thriller movie by Steven Sodenburgh (the guy who made ocean's eleven movies) about a mercenary woman who get caught up in some stuff and is now on the run. The movie stars a wrestler as the main actress (don't know her name but she is pretty good looking) and a whole bunch of well known actors like Micheal Douglas and Antonio Bandereas but unfortunately they all play small roles.

It's a basic movie type of movie where the girl gets set up and then comes after the people involved. The movie has some good action with a heavy focus on hand to hand fight scenes with tons of "oh shit" moments when a person gets hit. All of the good fight scenes and action are somewhat put to waste because everything in between isn't that good. They decided to make it really artsy fartsy like toning out the sound during a heist near the beginning of the movie and then lots of back and forth scenes in the timeline. Probably the worst offender was the ending which was basically this girl jumping out from above and then the bad guy going "oh shit" and the credit rolls. To do something like that you have to already have had maybe a decent ending but this one had nothing and it felt like an incomplete movie the whole time.

Hayware disappointed me because it had tons of good talent with some great fight scenes but they couldn't bring anything together to make a solid movie. Felt like it was mainly because the director wanted to make a stylish/hip heist movie with lots of action but it seems to me that the two don't go well together.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

does he look like this?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Poops, where is your review of The Grey? I just saw it, enjoyed it, want to hear your side of it

fyi, small addition of footage post-credits
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just made another thread about it. God, I knew we should have stayed post credits but my dad always has to take a leak.
Psychoul
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sounds like this movie went, "HAYWIRE". Hehehe

Jump to:  

View next topic
View previous topic