George Miller gives update on back-to-back Mad Max movies

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

George Miller gives update on back-to-back Mad Max movies

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Film & TV -> Update ]</strong> - More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/George Miller">Person: George Miller</a> | More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Mad Max series">Film & TV: Mad Max series</a>

<p><a href="http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienew ... oon.net</a> has an update from George Miller on his proposed back-to-back Mad Max movies - <em><strong>Mad Max: Fury Road</strong></em> and <em><strong>Mad Max: Furiosa</strong></em>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p><strong><em>"Theoretically, it's next year,"</em></strong> Miller said of <strong>Fury Road</strong>, which plans to place Tom Hardy in the role originated by Mel Gibson. <strong><em>"We have 150 big vehicles built and so on."</em></strong>

Readers caught a glimpse of some of those vehicles <a href="http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienew ... 8860">last year</a> when production seemed imminent. Unfortunately, fate had other plans.

<strong><em>"[W]e were all geared up for that,"</em></strong> Miller recalled. <strong><em>"We were all set to shoot in the Australian desert and then unprecedented rain came and what was the wasteland -- completely flat, red earth -- is now a flower garden. The big massive salt flats in the center of Australia where they do record speed trials and stuff is now full of pelicans and fish... We sort of lost the wasteland."</em></strong>

Though the hope is to move forward in 2012, Miller was quick to point out that it's impossible to know when a movie is going to happen until the camera is actually rolling.

<strong><em>"You know, John Lennon said, 'Life is what happens when you're making other plans'"</em></strong>, Miller smiled. <strong><em>"Films keep on coming out of my head and I never know what film I'm going to make next. Common and I were going to work on a 'Justice League' movie together. He was cast as Green Lantern and it was almost greenlit when it fell away. I fell in love with the guy and I called him up and said, 'You can't play the Green Lantern, but how about playing a penguin?'"</em></strong>

The <strong>Justice League</strong> film was fully cast when it failed to move forward and would have starred, in addition to Common, D.J. Cotrona as Superman, Adam Brody as the Flash, Armie Hammer as Batman and Megan Gale as Wonder Woman.

<strong><em>"That was a whole bunch of complex events,"</em></strong> Miller added. <strong><em>"It was the middle of a writers strike. There was Australian rebate legislation that was required to get the film going. It was just a whole complex series of events. It was no one particular's fault that it didn't happen."</em></strong>

For the time being, however, Miller isn't missing any of these other projects and is quite proud of his brand-new sequel release.

<strong><em>"People do think, 'what happened?' to me,"</em></strong> he laughs, <strong><em>"but I do love 'Happy Feet'... I really love making these movies. I love the process of making these movies. They're incredibly hard to make because of the hours you put in. They're incredibly complex."</em></strong>

That being said, fans shouldn't hold their breath for a <strong>Happy Feet Three</strong>. Though Miller knew by the end of the first film that he was ready for a sequel, he says that a third adventure isn't necessarily on the horizon.

<strong><em>"It's surprising,"</em></strong> he said, <strong><em>"but if you put a gun to my head and said, 'You have to come up with a story for 'Happy Feet Three,'' I'd say, 'Shoot me.' I would have no idea. I really would have no idea. The stories creep up on you... You just have to allow the stories to come and then they get in like little earworms in your head and then they won't go away. If that happens and we've got the energy, we'll do a third one. If that doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. But that's the only way you can do it. It has to be authentic. I really wanted to make this film better than the first one. Otherwise, at my age, what's the point?"</em></strong></p>
</blockquote>
<div style="overflow: hidden; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; border: medium none;"></div>
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

They're moving production back to Namibia in Africa. Remember this is where they originally started filming way back in 2003 when Mel Gibson was still attached but canceled because of the Iraq war.

Coincidentally Namibia also had similar "unprecedented rain" which has turned the whole desert landscape into a green garden.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

This Happy Feet news really just ruined my day :cry:
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Our Host!