Tower Heist

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Tower Heist

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

It's a comedy heist movie starring Ben Stiller, Eddie Murphy, and a lot of other dudes. The movie is probably best known for containing lots of people who used to be successful but either way they all do well in their parts.

The movie is about a bunch of hotel staff in a top class hotel who invest their pensions with one of the rich guests of the hotel but it turns out he is a swindler and looses all their money like Murdoff. They plan a heist to get their money back and that is basis of the story.

First third of the movie really deals with like all the staff and stuff but the actual heist planning and heist don't show up till like the second half of the movie maybe.

Anyways the movie felt fairly well done but a lot of the comedy parts were already shown in the previews which make it not funny when you actually watch them in the movie. I think Ben Stiller and all the actors do well in their parts and the movie is shot pretty well.

I think the movie would have been better if it had more comedy and a better ending since heist movies can sometimes have stupid ass endings. I don't think DACKers will like the movie but I thought it was mildly enjoyable and had potential to be a lot more with the actors they had.

I hope Eddie Murphy gets his career back and it looks like he might since I heard he his hosting the Oscars but I don't know if he still has it in him to make the funnies.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Our Host!