The Debt

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

The Debt

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

It's a movie set in two time periods; one in the 1966 when the agents are trying to capture a famous nazi surgeon to bring him up for war crimes and the other time period of 1997 when all the agents are old people.

It took me awhile to kind of think of how to explain that since I wanted to also say how it's not a normal "old people reminiscing about their young self" type of story, the older versions of the characters also have a significant role in the movie which is unusual since usually they just tell a story and have a twist ending etc.

So there is a young group of 3 jewish agents who are on a mission to capture the nazi war criminal from I think eastern occupied Germany. There is a twist in the movie and they explore it in the later portion when they are older and you end up seeing Helen Mirren doing spy shit all because of what happened when they were younger.

It's hard to describe the movie without saying the spoiler which is a critical part of the movie that you don't really see until maybe like 2/3's of the way in.

Either way I liked the movie, which I didn't suspect I would because the previews made it look like a bland movie about Jews. I liked how they gave importance to the old character and they ended up facing important decisions. The movie was well acted and included familiar actors like Tom Wilkson, Sam Worthington, and Helen Mirren.

I would recommend this movie if you wanted a deeper movie than Shark Night 3D this weekend.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Our Host!