Duck and Cover Forum Index

Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 Mass Effect 3 turns co-op and Dragon Age turns sitcom View next topic
View previous topic
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[ Game -> Article ] - More info on Person: Felicia Day | More info on Game: Mass Effect 3 | More info on Film & TV: Dragon Age: Redemption

Time for double header extravaganzzzzza on DaC's second favorite (after Bethesda, obviously) RPG maker, the fine gents down Bioware way.

Mass Effect 3 to feature Multiplayer

Like the title says, Milky Way travelling simulator Mass Effect 3 is to venture into previously uncharted multiplayer territories. Several sites broke the news yesterday, which probably prompted Bioware to respond, earlier today, with this forum post detailing what's known about it so far. Of particular note:

• 4 player co-op multiplayer

Join your friends in the all-out galactic war to take Earth back. The universe of Mass Effect expands with the addition of new co-op multiplayer missions, playable over Xbox Live, PSN and PC internet. Players can choose from a variety of classes and races, form an elite Special Forces squad, and combine their weapons, powers and abilities to devastating effect as they fight together to liberate key territories from enemy control. Success in multi-player will have a direct impact on the outcome of the single player campaign, giving players an alternative method of achieving ultimate victory against the greatest threat mankind – and the entire galaxy – has ever faced.

Reactions were surprisingly positive overall, however, do note that this is the same Bioware whose forums are always quick to silence any form of dissent. Check the link above for further details and reactions.

Dragon Age to have Live-Action series (?)

Confused? So am I. Apparently determined to make considerable flop Dragon Age II not look so bad anymore, or maybe because marketing decided that what Bioware fans wanted was Dragon Age flavored, Xena: Princess Warrior-type shenanigans, we get this: Dragon Age: Redemption

Directed by Peter Winther and written by and starring Felicia Day, you can check out the first episode below.

Spotted @ Rock Paper Shotgun

Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

After The Guild, voicing Veronica, and Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, I can't accept Felicia Day as a dramatic actress.
SenisterDenister
Living Legend
Living Legend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jesus Christ how horrifying.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I dunno, I laughed.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i'm glad you're enjoying your news posting privileges but shouldn't the news be at least remotely fallout/PA related? not like i really care in a major way, but i don't really care about dragon age either, just wondering, whatevz, PEACE
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Obsidian made Fallout: New Vegas. Obsidian also made KOTOR 2. KOTOR 2 is the sequel to KOTOR which was made by Bioware. That's close enough for me.
Gecko
Respected
Respected

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually you can visit the krogan planet in mass effect 2 which is a post-apocalyptic world, it had a big nuclear war.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gimp Mask wrote:
i'm glad you're enjoying your news posting privileges but shouldn't the news be at least remotely fallout/PA related? not like i really care in a major way, but i don't really care about dragon age either, just wondering, whatevz, PEACE

Koc asked me for help and I told him I wouldn't mind making one when I had the time, and suggested posting about stuff you lot might be interested in (aside from the Fool court stuff, an unconfirmed Fallout 4 none of us are going to like anyway or any PA stuff any of us happen to find) so we wouldn't have only 2 or 3 news posts a month like we've been having of late.

Like I told Koc, I'm too old for the drama. Peeps don't like it/want to suggest a different editorial line, want to take my news posting spot or want to go back to 2 news a month; I'm fine with any of it, just let me know.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

fair enough, i thought a news post about dragon age web series was a bit much, but if dackers are into that, sure why not. like i said i don't really care, just struck me as a bit odd is all. also maybe mentioning how i appreciate people posting news here would have made me sound less of a dick, good ol 20/20 hindsight huh?

not sure what you meant by drama icon_chew
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nah Gimp, I didn't interpret any of that as you trying to be a dick, just thought that'd be as good a chance as any to let peeps know some stuff.

By drama I meant if someone develops a "this guy sucks, this crap ain't news, this ain't the dac i know and love" fixation, in which case that person should feel free to take over from me, no argument necessary. No Walter vs Snake kind of stuff or any of that type of conflict.

Obviously, people in DaC say their piece freely enough that news posts are always going to be subject to reader review, besides, there is no real way of knowing the wants/do not wants without putting stuff out there. The more comments like yours, the faster we can find out, brah.
SenisterDenister
Living Legend
Living Legend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When was Snake banned? Unless you spent some time lurking that all probably happened right before or right around the time you signed up, yeah? All that seems so long ago.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

he was unbanned a long time ago, I just never bothered to let him know about it
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tofu Man wrote:
"this guy sucks, this crap ain't news, this ain't the dac i know and love"

As long as it's Fallout, PA or RPG related, it's good with me.

I'd rather read news about something like Age of Decadence, that shares some of the RPG principles that Fallout had, than some Bethesda Fauxllout news about them fellating themselves.
SenisterDenister
Living Legend
Living Legend

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How is AoD's progress coming along? I haven't heard anything about it in over a year it feels like.
Mismatch
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SenisterDenister wrote:
How is AoD's progress coming along? I haven't heard anything about it in over a year it feels like.

Seems to be doing ok... Codex has tidbits now and again. As far as I can tell it's long and hard and filled with seamen.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a submarine?
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

deleted

Jump to:  

View next topic