2nd to Last DLC for New Vegas Released

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

2nd to Last DLC for New Vegas Released

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

<strong>[ Game -> Update ]</strong>

<p>Looks like the 2nd to last DLC (as far as we know) has been released as reported by Blues News;</p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;"><em>The <a href="http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/07/1 ... ">Bethesda Blog</a> announces that the <strong>Old World Blues</strong> DLC for <strong>Fallout New Vegas</strong> is now available through <a href="http://store.steampowered.com/app/72750/">Steam</a>. The announcement includes and extensive look at what this project represents written by Chris Avellone, and here's a bit from that: </em></p>
<blockquote style="padding-left: 30px;">
<p style="padding-left: 30px;">There is an expression in the wasteland called &ldquo;Old World Blues.&rdquo; It refers to those obsessed with the past they can&rsquo;t see the present, much less the future for what it is. Their eyes are like pilot lights, guttering and spent, the realities of their world continuing on around them as they stare into the past. Old World Blues is built around the history of Fallout games we&rsquo;ve worked on. It&rsquo;s history-that&rsquo;s-created-history, with a dash of what might have been from past games, media, and design documents from Fallout 1, 2, and past Fallout projects given new life. From Lobotomites, DNA splicing, Cazadores, Night Stalkers, where-the-hell-did-those-plants-in-the-Mojave-come-from, the scientific enclave of Big MT itself, Proton weapons, and giant robotic scorpions, all of these things formed the nucleus of taking a trip into the past-is-present Fallout universe to see a slice of the Old World that&rsquo;s been fenced in and feeding on itself for far too long. We wanted you to see the context and homages to the Fallout universe in a scientific preserve, both from the distant Fallout past to more recent adventures in New Vegas and the DLCs. As you&rsquo;ll discover, Big MT (or the Big &ldquo;Empty&rdquo;) is filled with what-might-have-been&hellip; and all that was lost that potentially could have made a better world for all. There&rsquo;s an undercurrent of the blues all around Big MT&hellip; but if you&rsquo;re strong enough, you can change it, and the whole meaning of Old World Blues forever.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>How many tears have you shed after hearing this news?</p>
<blockquote style="padding-left: 30px;">
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
</blockquote><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blues News</a></p>
Pizzahut Lover
Cakester Alt; I'm going places in life

Post by Pizzahut Lover »

no. lonesome road is still to come asshole. relativists get it wrong again. :sumo:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I hate to say it Poops, but Cakester's got you there. Lonesome Road is still on the horizon.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

What? I thought they stopped at 3, gosh i sound unprofessional now.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Don't sweat it Poops. Much like Propster's "art", no one here gives that big a shit about it.
ardvark1
SDF!
SDF!

Post by ardvark1 »

english is a funny language isn't it? i understood what you said pooperscooper. 2nd to last means it's the one before the last one i.e. there's another one coming. just saying.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

you can also say penultimate

the bourne penultimatum ^-^
:chew:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

ardvark1 wrote:english is a funny language isn't it? i understood what you said pooperscooper. 2nd to last means it's the one before the last one i.e. there's another one coming. just saying.
That's cause I stealth edited it because my journalist career is on the line.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
ardvark1
SDF!
SDF!

Post by ardvark1 »

lol you cheeky ninja editor you
Our Host!