Never Seen a game so scripted: Bioschock Infinite

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Never Seen a game so scripted: Bioschock Infinite

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I was just looking at this video from E3 for bioshock infinite, it's about 15 minutes long and entertaining but none of it looks realistic.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/69225/ ... nterrupted

It just looks too scripted, I can guarantee you when I'm playing I will not know I'm supposed to go a certain direction and I will end up getting lost and then die and it will look entirely stupid.

It does remind me to give Bioshock 2 a try since it's probably cheap right now.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

There's a game in there?
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Damn, there's so much wrong with that footage, that any will to enumerate said flaws is suddenly null. Besides, Toxic said it all.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Poops Bioshock 2

6/10
Cow Cud is a twin.
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

ok I put it on full screen (as I am wont to do) and watched about a minute before I realized I had to watch fifteen.

The graphics were as good (or bad, however one may look at it) as goldeneye, and the events were as fake as my acting in grade 12 for graduation credit. That's about all I can say about it before I shut it off.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Might be OK once shit hits the fan, just a presentation.

Geez gamers are bitchier than flaming homosexuals nowadays.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Well at the end it did say "all of this was in game footage" or some shit like that. If the game actually plays like that it might be fun but I pretty much know it won't play like that at all.

Also Rad Resistance, that is an awesome avatar.
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

I'd heard it was a rail shooter?

I've been giving Bioshock a couple of play through's lately, not bad on hard mode, might pick up B2.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

B2 is... a different feeling, as far as writing goes, but using the Big Daddy's arsenal is definitely more empowering. Also more threatening enemies, as well as the horde thing going, so it's as much or more challenging that BS1. Environments get much prettier, though.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Bioshock 2 was shit. Infinite will have some credit in that it's being made by the guys that made Bioshock [for better or for worse]. Two was just utter shit designed to build a franchise and sequels on. Don't waste your money. If you want to buy an old game go grab Rainbow Six Las Vegas 2 and come shoot terrorists with me. Or spend the ten bucks on Toy Soldiers for the laughs.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Also Rad Resistance, that is an awesome avatar.
Thanks sexy. :eyebrow:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

jetbaby wrote:Bioshock 2 was shit. Infinite will have some credit in that it's being made by the guys that made Bioshock [for better or for worse]. Two was just utter shit designed to build a franchise and sequels on. Don't waste your money. If you want to buy an old game go grab Rainbow Six Las Vegas 2 and come shoot terrorists with me. Or spend the ten bucks on Toy Soldiers for the laughs.
But isn't Bioshock 2 more of the same? Bioshock wasn't great but it was definitely not bad, if it's more of the same then I should still think its okay?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

jetbaby wrote:Bioshock 2 was shit. Infinite will have some credit in that it's being made by the guys that made Bioshock [for better or for worse]. Two was just utter shit designed to build a franchise and sequels on. Don't waste your money. If you want to buy an old game go grab Rainbow Six Las Vegas 2 and come shoot terrorists with me. Or spend the ten bucks on Toy Soldiers for the laughs.
If for nothing else, I would call bullshit on the idea that this was "to build a franchise and sequels on." They fucking destroyed the city and ended the franchise, dude. And mechanics improved greatly. Subtle changes, granted, but enough to make gameplay flow better.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Manoil wrote:
If for nothing else, I would call bullshit on the idea that this was "to build a franchise and sequels on." They fucking destroyed the city and ended the franchise, dude. And mechanics improved greatly. Subtle changes, granted, but enough to make gameplay flow better.
Sounds logical.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

DELLLLLTA

Post by Blargh »

There's really only one truly memorable (even remarkable) feature to Bioshock 2 - the incessant, insufferably smug voice of Sophia Lamb.

I feel that the V.A deserves some kudos for that, at the least. :drunk:
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Never been a Tom Clancy fan I'm afraid. Still, melting toy soldiers might be fun. You've sold it! Get ready Toys R Us!
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Re: DELLLLLTA

Post by rad resistance »

Blargh wrote:There's really only one truly memorable (even remarkable) feature to Bioshock 2 - the incessant, insufferably smug voice of Sophia Lamb.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I played bioshock on an xbox wants.

It onesent good.
:chew:
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Yonmanc wrote:Never been a Tom Clancy fan I'm afraid. Still, melting toy soldiers might be fun. You've sold it! Get ready Toys R Us!
Also a strong choice, but I meant the game.

Manoil wrote:If for nothing else, I would call bullshit on the idea that this was "to build a franchise and sequels on." They fucking destroyed the city and ended the franchise, dude. And mechanics improved greatly. Subtle changes, granted, but enough to make gameplay flow better.
Mild improvements, but not really enough to be anything more than an expansion. Nothing groundbreakingly different. And then you had to deal with the "hey, what's cooler than some guy fighting everybody? A Big Daddy fighting everybody!" and then the downward spiral of if the prototype was able to facefuck the production model AND the WTFISHAPPENING Big Sister models it begs to reason they would've been better of slamming out more copies of him.

That all aside, if you're balls deep in the game, keep playing them, I just thought they were another Molyneux, promise the world and deliver a decent quality globe.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
shdowhunt60
SDF!
SDF!

Post by shdowhunt60 »

Bioshock was shit anyways with a half-assed attempt to satire Objectivism, but failing so hard that their "Ayn Rand inspired world" looks like a shit attempt to make an atompunk game.
Our Host!