Green Lantern

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Green Lantern

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

It's the movie based off the comic but I also never read. Basically there are green guys who use will power and stuff to protect the universe and its green, anything they imagine can happen I guess. It stars Ryan Reynolds who plays the dude with a scarred past and is reckless (very unique) who gets the ring and learns it's powers.

Even though the movie is very standard super hero fair I liked it because it explored a bit of the past of the green lanterns and the evil that begins isn't some earth born thing and earth is only involved by chance. Also I found that the powers are pretty cool idea and has a lot of possibilities.

I liked how the hero's are somewhat multiple and they aren't relying just on one but all green lanterns even though Ryan ends up fighting by himself. This was probably the best super hero movie this year but I don't remember any of the others.

It didn't seem super hyped like other super hero movies and it had like a B movie feel to it that I liked. Either way if I had the ring I would imagine my enemies death but that is probably breaking some rule that the ring can't do.

I would recommend it if you are looking for a easy going superhero movie that doesn't try holding itself back for future movies much.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I reckon most people in england arent that familiar with the green lantern as there wasnt a cartoon or film version of it before shown here probably. I read a few the other week though and I liked the idea my favourite was one about a blind one.

also they are allergic to yellow or something? lol
:chew:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

In the movie they said yellow is like fear which is very powerful zomg.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

It was ok, definitely seen worse.

The "Fear" ring. Nice touch.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Poops review "Trollhunter".
Cow Cud is a twin.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

I have hard time buying into these golden-age comic characters.

Fucking Captain America next, spare me.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

yeah golden age with a dark age twist, it's cliched and overdone and yet somehow people keep buying theater tickets which tells hollywood that they're good to go so they keep producing more. apparently the new batman movie has catwoman in it (anne hathaway fuck yeah) I mean comon catwoman they just did that movie three years ago or something and it bombed, how dumb can you be chris nolan? after batman and robin and batman forever, batman returns was the worst batman movie of the nineties.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

rad resistance wrote:Poops review "Trollhunter".
i donloaded this i might review it if i watch it

also if green lantern has super willpower maybe he should smoke because he can quit anytime heh heh yeah right :chainsaw:
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Trollhunter 4/5. Problem with flick one to many shots of Norwegian fjords, besides that the movie has some good special effects and the "trollhunter" in the film is a cheap version of Chuck Norris and all troll myths are played into the story, the film also feels almost real. Next week i'll be watching "Hobo with a Shotgun".
Cow Cud is a twin.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Hobo with a Shotgun was one of my favorite Grindhouse trailers. Glad to see it finally made it to the silver screen.
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

I remember people around me getting up in arms about that movie because it reflected badly on canadians, or hobos, or something (canadian and hobo can be considered synonyms here if the reader so chooses). I don't really care, maybe if rad gives it a rave review I'll see it.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

If its a Grindhouse spinoff you should go see it anyway, they're really self-aware and silly so if it gets bad reviews for being cheesy its not like it didn't know it was, kind of like Planet Terror and Machete.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Made plans to watch Hobo tonite, but since I wasn't in the mood for Rutger Hauer, ended up watching Stake Land instead. Imagine my surprise when the first line in the movie is "I've seen things you wouldn't believe."

Read Stake Land was 28 Days meets The Road. It's more like Zombieland meets Book of Eli meets vampires. Very unbalanced film that doesn't know whether it's serious or not, with a plot that seems like a 6 or 7 hour series condensed into hour and a half's worth. Lots of it should and isn't explained, lots of that, in turn, makes little or no sense.
Definetly worth a shot, however, for its post-apoc ties and interesting photography. Just be sure to leave any and all expectations of greatness at the door and that you're pro at suspension of disbelief.

Also, props to the first hollywood actress who's 50-ish and <strike>looks the part</strike> doesn't look like a drum head stretched over a beaver's skull. Re-spec, Kelly Mcgillis, hot as shit in Gun Top, nevar forget.
Our Host!