Wierd Movement Problems in FO:NV

If you can't get the Fallout games to run the way you want, or are having trouble with bugs, here's the place to ask for help.
QuarantineV1
SDF!
SDF!

Wierd Movement Problems in FO:NV

Post by QuarantineV1 »

Hello,

I currently run FO: New Vegas on Windows 7 SP1, use a Logitech Classic Keyboard and Logitech G5 Mouse as my peripherals. The computer has 4gb of ddr2 ram, and an Nvidia 8800gts card.

I have run the game successfully for 30 hours of gameplay, yet I have been subjected to a strange problem today. On my saves, the game is now opening up in third person despite me being in first person, and my mouse is no longer changing the direction my character moves in addition to not being able to get back into first person. Disabling the SetPoint program fixed this once, yet this happened again after I tried opening Fallout later in the day. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? If so, I would really like to know... I had to replay the game so I could get to a good point to start Honest Hearts.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Its nice that you took the time and read the forum and decided that this place, above all others, has a higher chance of helping you than besides someplace like the Bethsoft forums and the like. Good lurking, friend. Carry on.
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

either a) a bot or b) you already fixed the problem yourself. boom
QuarantineV1
SDF!
SDF!

Post by QuarantineV1 »

Nice to see Fallout has a good community. Delete this thread if you deem it unnecessary, its not as if I'm coming back here to check it. Cheers
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Well fuck you then.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

QuarantineV1 wrote:Delete this thread
I'd rather put my dick in yo momma.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

QuarantineV1 wrote:Nice to see Fallout has a good community.
Thanks for your kind words...
QuarantineV1 wrote:its not as if I'm coming back
...and for helping improve our community.
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

QuarantineV1 wrote:Nice to see Fallout has a good community. Delete this thread if you deem it unnecessary, its not as if I'm coming back here to check it. Cheers
well sheesh don't blame me if our forum has a bot problem (and they're getting smarter). also in your op, you said, "I had to replay the game so I could get to a good point to start Honest Hearts..." which sounds to me like when you replayed it, it fixed the problem. so yeah, don't blame me for that either. also so what if I'm drunk [/obligatory]
QuarantineV1
SDF!
SDF!

Post by QuarantineV1 »

I did feel a little bit bad about the sarcasm, which is why I'm coming back. I posted that after an extremely rough day of work, and even though I don't know any of you, it wasn't fair that I had acted the way that I did. I don't know what kind of community you guys do have, but it is 100% guaranteed to be better that the majority of the Halo Xbox Live Community.

I ended up fixing the problem myself at about 6pm today, when I figured out my keyboard was beginning to malfunction. Changing boards caused the problem to be solved. Still no word from Bethesda Support, but I'll be happy to let them know it wasn't the game's fault.

And gobbleykins, I had to actually replay through the game because I did a fresh install of Windows 7 64 bit from Vista 32 bit.

So, again... sorry guys, I'm not going to bother trolling your forum anymore. Best of luck to all of you.
QuarantineV1
SDF!
SDF!

Post by QuarantineV1 »

also, sorry is the forum has a bot problem. I hope that someone finds a way to solve that soon... they are seriously worse than most trolls. I wasn't blaming anyone for a bot problem, I just interpreted your response wrong.

Either way, I'm the asshole in this whole situation. Sorry I took out my work-stress out on you guys in my first few posts. I would love to become a more active member if you all aren't too opposed to it, since Fallout is one of my favorite things. I just had a bit of an asshole moment there.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Welcome aboard, here's a complimentary mobile phone and a golf club :salute:
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

These bots are starting to freak me out. :aiee:
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

QuarantineV1 wrote:Bethesda Support
ha.
Cow Cud is a twin.
QuarantineV1
SDF!
SDF!

Post by QuarantineV1 »

Yeah, they never helped me when I had issues with Elder Scrolls: Oblivion for PC. Luckily I never had problems with Fallout 3

So, I'm missing this. You guys have a lot of bots posting stuff on the forums? Its been awhile since I've actually used a forum, and I never saw anything like that when I used to frequent them.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

These bots are getting more eerily specific by the day, I tell you what. One day they'll be so convincing we'll almost mistake them for being an actual person.

One day.... :drunk:
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

QuarantineV1 wrote:Yeah, they never helped me when I had issues with Elder Scrolls: Oblivion for PC. Luckily I never had problems with Fallout 3

So, I'm missing this. You guys have a lot of bots posting stuff on the forums? Its been awhile since I've actually used a forum, and I never saw anything like that when I used to frequent them.
Nice try bucko! You're out of luck mister, this DAC, here we're all about golf and phones up in this muhfucka!
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Who would love to purchase a set of titanium reinforced golf clubs or a nice new iphone 4?
Cow Cud is a twin.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Who wouldn't?
Our Host!