Battle Star Galactica

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Battle Star Galactica

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

After watching Deadwood I decided to watch BGS because it was on netflix stream and boy was I surprised. The first episode mini series was amazing and I was really impressed, I decided to watch the whole series. It definitely hasn't kept up with the greatness of the first episode but it's more than enough to keep me coming back for more.

What did you guys think of BGS? I'm in season 3 right now so try not to spoil shit or something.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

It's a convoluted soap opera in space where the twist is ALWAYS "this main character is really a Cylon lol".
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

BGS?
The old one or the new one?
I miss the good ol' USSA.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

New one, I haven't seen the old one.
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

Retlaw83 wrote:It's a convoluted soap opera in space where the twist is ALWAYS "this main character is really a Cylon lol".
I will support this motion, and in fact in the end everyone is a cylon BOOM (sorry poops)
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

It goes to shit and becomes a convoluted space opera in which everyone is a cylon in about the third season. Up to there it's legit though.

Go watch Farscape or Babylon 5 for a scifi fix.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I tried watching it and did up to the bit where the virus is in the computer and that robot flies in that alien ship or something. It didn't really capture my attention properly and I didn't want to put in the hours to something i didnt dig.
:chew:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

recombobulated blue tna

Post by Blargh »

I still do not understand what it is about Farscape that so many seem to find palatable. Overwhelmingly mediocre at best. :drunk:
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Re: recombobulated blue tna

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

Blargh wrote:I still do not understand what it is about Farscape that so many seem to find palatable. Overwhelmingly mediocre at best. :drunk:
I think it speaks to how barren the (non-star trek) serial sci-fi TV market is. I'm not even into StaTrek, but it's seems to have gone the same route.
It goes to shit and becomes a convoluted space opera in which everyone is a cylon in about the third season. Up to there it's legit though.
OK, so I only vaguely know the original series from childhood. And in that, I mean I just remember shit like - cyborg dog, father from Bonanza, space convoy, Pharaohanic helmets, and Cylons as chrome robots with sinister synth voices.

How did the Cylons go from being robots to facedancers?
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Re: recombobulated blue tna

Post by jetbaby »

Blargh wrote:I still do not understand what it is about Farscape that so many seem to find palatable. Overwhelmingly mediocre at best. :drunk:
I haven't seen it in almost what, a decade [?] since it ended so meh. Fond memories, but it was a different era, to be sure. Who knows what I'd think of it now.

Also, no trash talk on Babylon 5? I am disappoint.
Cimmerian Nights wrote:How did the Cylons go from being robots to facedancers?
Reimagining. Didn't happen in the original, they're entirely unconnected, from the basic story that Cylons were created by humans [new] to Cylons are just here to fuck humans in the face because they already fucked their lizard makers who are their namesake the same way [old].

POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Welp, I just finished the series and I liked it. I kind of wanted to cry at the end when Karia Thrace disappeared at the end but I manned up.

Always disappointing when you finish a series because you got nothing else to watch now until you find a new one. I might try that new fantasy Song and Fire or whatever that series is everyone is talking about.
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

game of thrones and yes, do watch it. the last episode had a lesbian sex scene while talking about betraying a character (boromir), which happens later in that same episode. need I say more. oh yeah and spoilers
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

I think it's cool how they've worked the Klingons into a medieval setting.
We have bad manners and ridiculous eyebrows graaahh!

Which faction are the Romulans again?

Do Lannisters always repay their debts? I really need to be reminded of their credit history every 5 minutes.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

A Song of Ice and Fire.

Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Never watched it never will watch it I'm not that nerdy.
jetbaby wrote:A Song of Ice and Fire.
Especially not that nerdy.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Too many big fancy words for you to understand and difficult concepts for you to grasp?

Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I've been told a lot of good things about BSG, but frankly I don't have the time these days to invest in another big obsession. Fallout and Aliens have burned out my soul to a charcoal briquette and I've got just about nothin left for real life anymore

And I have a dog now so I have to make sure I'm alive enough to feed him

of course I try to have something going every once in a while, I think I might try to do this assuming I get anything left over from the T-51b helmet I lined up
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

I really enjoyed BSG..
It did seem very dramatic, but i believe it is GREAT Sci Fi. I think it is so, because it was entertaining in many ways. It shows space battles, conflicts between people and morality, and idk...

I was hooked, i agree that the first season was the best, and the rest of the seasons are not the same. I wil just say this however, it might not be what you would expect by the end. But i will also say that i enjoyed it because it was fun and full of catchy experiences.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

It's not what you'd expect at the end because the writers stopped giving half a shit three seasons ago by that point.

Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

jetbaby wrote:Too many big fancy words for you to understand and difficult concepts for you to grasp?
Not really I just would would rather play shit than watch a whole series and shit. Series' have a tendency to drag on and on it's like damn may as well just read the books so you don't have to wait a whole week to read a small section you know, then go play the game.
Our Host!