Scream 4

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.

Whats your favorite type of killer?

realistic person
50%
monster that won't die
50%

Total votes: 6

POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Scream 4

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Look scream 4 is wes cravens next movie in his scream series and probably the last, not because the movie was bad because it wasn't.

Scream was pretty popular since it kind of restarted the whole slasher horror genre when they weren't really being made that much anymore. It was fairly popular in our house hold because it had heart throbs in it or something and started all the other slasher movies with heart throbs like Freddy Prince Junior in that I Know What You Did Last Summer zomg. I saw scream 2 and 3 but they were really memorable and it's hard to make a sequel good if the slasher always dies in each one and they have to find a new person.

Scream 4 has a basic storyline in that Sidney comes back to town to sell her book and then there are killings again by some dressed as ghostface. The movie has some good knife action and doesn't really try to be too creative with the kills besides just stabbing people really hard but they are usually fairly satisfying. It's the type of sequal that doesn't really try to move the series into a new direction but goes back to the basics of a small town with a serial killer and I think it does it well, most of the stuff is predictable and the movie knows that and kind of pokes fun at itself a bit like the others. Either way it kept me on the edge of my seat so if you atleast enjoyed scream 1 mildy I would recommend this movie.

My biggest peeve with the movie is that Wes Craven didn't make some of the characters very smart. Generally he is pretty good about trying to make the unrealistic, realistic in that he tries to make the characters somewhat smart. I think my best example is with Nightmare on Elm Street when the girl goes to the doctor (1. most movies skip the doctor all the together) and then freddy fries the doctors machines or whatever (most movies would just have the doc say nothing is wrong). In scream 4 it's a case of not enough cops and hey lets just put 2 crap cops on patrol when you know the guy is going after the girl. I think the movie to do it best was Halloween 4, they brought huge brigades of cops and they actually were worth a damn.

Besides that the reveal of ghost face was a bit lame but it's to be expected when you have to find a new killer each time like I said before.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I like slashers sometime but always feel a bit let down if there arent good killings and how many killings they have i wont watch anything if theres not any killings.

ill prob download this i cant remember scream 3 or 2 and i get it mixed up with scary movie anyway jeez

HEY SMELL MY FINGER heh. dac as well? dac is dad backwards :O
:chew:
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

The storyline reminds me a bit of Rob Zombie's second Halloween film. You know with the book bit and all.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Rob Zombie sucks.

Scream movies are ok.
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

I thought it was great in a "don't think about it too hard, don't expect a masterpiece, try to forget how little the first movie needed one sequel, let alone three" kind of way. As a supposed "reboot" of the franchise, it makes no sense, since <SPOILER>all the young, fresh faces end up dying, leaving just Cox, Campbell and Arquette alive. Again.</SPOILER> The reveal of the killer's identity was ludicrous, but the ending was pretty awesome anyway. The overall tone was much more comedic than the previous films, which I dug, since the whole franchise is just pointless fun at this juncture, like amusement park rides. Nothing serious, nobody gets hurt, nothing ventured nor gained, and there are worse ways to spend money at the theatre. (Like Your Highness, for instance.)
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Subhuman wrote:there are worse ways to spend money at the theatre. (Like Your Highness, for instance.)
And here I thought the gays were known for good taste.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

Megatron wrote:HEY SMELL MY FINGER heh. dac as well? dac is dad backwards :O
cad: calvin's a dunce
Our Host!