Retlaw's Movie Review: Your Highness

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Retlaw's Movie Review: Your Highness

Post by Retlaw83 »

Watch it. I give it four out of five Megatrons.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

The trailer's were pretty superb. Might give it a try.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I've only heard good things about it. That and it seems like "every game of Dungeons and Dragons, the movie."
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

SenisterDenister wrote:"every game of Dungeons and Dragons, the movie."
That about sums it up. It seems most characters who aren't living in a town are in the process of "questing" and the dialog is so down to Earth most of it seems like something someone would say.
- the Vault Dweller
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

It looked pretty bad and none of the stuff in the previews was really funny which is usually a very bad sign. Perhaps I will rent it on DVD when it comes out.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

With comedies its really hard to trust any paid reviewers.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

S4ur0n27 wrote:It's good?
It's fantastic. Keep in mind Austin Powers and movies like it got slaughtered in reviews - as Denister said, you can't trust paid reviewers about comedies because they treat them like normal movies.

In addition to the humor, the action scenes were absurdly well-done. Imagine Princess Bride if it were written by the people who made Old School.
- the Vault Dweller
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Looks kinda funny actually. I think Natalie Portman is the first movie actress ever that I see improve with age as far as hotness goes. When she's not bald that is.

If I can pull myself off Arcania for a minute perhaps I'll go see it.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:It looked pretty bad and none of the stuff in the previews was really funny which is usually a very bad sign. Perhaps I will rent it on DVD when it comes out.
agreed, either the movie is as shit as it seems (man in armor falling down the stairs heh heh what is this the 1920s?) or the trailer people should be fired so they could blog about it. i liked some of their earlier movies that had similarly bad trailers though so it could go either way :evil_laugh:
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

What's wrong with the 1920's?
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

comedy films
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

SenisterDenister wrote:With comedies its really hard to trust any <strike>paid reviewers</strike> one.
There.
Stalagmite wrote:I think Natalie Portman is the first movie actress ever that I see improve with age as far as hotness goes. When she's not bald that is.
Well, there had to be something right with the kid. Taste in women it is.

I'm still not paying (not that much anyway) to see her bony (timid? absent?) arse on a big screen. Plus risqué, Ms Portman, if you will.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:It looked pretty bad and none of the stuff in the previews was really funny which is usually a very bad sign. Perhaps I will rent it on DVD when it comes out.
I feel like alot of these movies have been infected with an unfunny 'seth rogen and will ferrel' type of improvised comedy that relies greatly on simple randomness or on pointing out cliches of whatever genre they are mocking. Comedy-wise the newest thing i found funny was Rango, and before that it was... god, new movies aren't funny at all. I saw The Other Guys, which actually got pretty good reviews but it was largely meh.

Also the inclusion of Portman's thonged ass is insulting to men, I think. It's indicative of the issue I have with Hollywood sexuality, which centers less on true sexual freedom, and more on titilation for marketing purposes. Like I can just imagine these grown individuals talking about what to put in the trailer and they were all like "put that 2 second thonged ass scene in the trailer. That way the american males' hard dicks can lead them to the theater."
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

I heard bad reviews and to be honest, I can't take Danny McBride for more than 15 minutes. He plays the same clueless, arrogant jerk-off character in everything he does. It's funny for a while, but it gets old fast.

Same character from the Foot Fist Way every fucking movie.

I can take Will Farrel and this dude, but only in 10 minute sketch comedy stuff. 90 minutes of them is asking too much of me.
Also the inclusion of Portman's thonged ass is insulting to men
It's pretty bald-faced pandering and not really necessary given how 'meh' her ass is. My issue was that they keep promoting that scene ad nauseum, and I have to say as an ass-man, I'm underwhelmed. She's got the ass of who she is now - a Long Island soccer mom.
I'm still not paying (not that much anyway) to see her bony (timid? absent?) arse on a big screen. Plus risqué, Ms Portman, if you will.
This is what I mean, I'm not a fan of hers or anything, but her ass is so...pedestrian, it makes me think less of someone who is a damn fine actress otherwise to have to flash her lackluster ass for .... what?
Retlaw83 wrote: Keep in mind Austin Powers and movies like it got slaughtered in reviews
The third one wasn't a derivative piece of shit? That movie was a kick in the nuts. Myers' career has been circling the drain ever since that movie.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Cimmerian Nights wrote: The third one wasn't a derivative piece of shit? That movie was a kick in the nuts. Myers' career has been circling the drain ever since that movie.
I was talking about the first Austin Powers.
- the Vault Dweller
Gunman
s3x g0d
s3x g0d

Post by Gunman »

I won't bother seeing Your Highness. Not even for ... :drunk:
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Fuck u dreadnought.
I see what u did thar.
(:ROFL:)
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

I agree with Cimmerian Nights that it isn't even a special ass. Like I probably wouldn't have said anything if it was an extremely memorable asset, but it just looks like a skinny girl's ass (pretty meh). The only people that get a rise out of seeing that in a trailer are like 13-16 year old boys.

I, meanwhile, can google better ass than that in a nanosecond.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Meh, I'd hit it. :Duke:
Our Host!