AllRPG preview of Lionheart

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

AllRPG preview of Lionheart

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

<strong>[ -> Preview]</strong>

<a href="http://allrpg.com/">AllRPG.com</a> has posted a <a href="http://allrpg.com/games/lionheart/index ... preview</a> of <a href="http://lionheart.blackisle.com/">Lionheart</a>. Here's a smidgen:<blockquote><u>Gameplay has been said to be excellent.</u> There will be over one hundred maps to explore throughout Europe. It has also been said that you can expect around forty to sixty hours of gameplay for an average game player going through the whole storyline. The creators of Lionheart made sure not to make it too much dialogue or too much combat in the game. So they specified areas to be either a combat area or a peaceful type of setting depending where you are.</blockquote>Yes, I freely admit I posted this to point out that underlined part which I found amusing. Previews made before there's even a preview build released are just plain funny!Thanks to <b>Exitium</b> of <a href="http://rpgplanet.com/lionheart">Lionheart Chronicles</a>.
Bulldog
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Re: AllRPG preview of Lionheart

Post by Bulldog »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:Yes, I freely admit I posted this to point out that underlined part which I found amusing. Previews made before there's even a preview build released are just plain funny.
I'm laughing on the inside. Really. I am.

I really find it hard to be excited about previews anymore, seeing as how a lot of stuff changes and release dates are so far into the future.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

I really hate the hypocrisy of previews. I remember once reading a preview of a game called Shadowman in PC Gamer a few years ago. They mentioned how the game had no multiplayer, but how this was a good thing since it meant they could concentrate on the single player more.

A few months later, when they reviewed the game, the reviewer mentions the lack of multiplayer as a bad thing. At a certain point, you start to believe that previews are actually written by the marketing departments of game companies and then sent to magazines and websites. It would be nice to see an actual objective preview in a mainstream publication.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Napoleon
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Napoleon »

Each character has a system called "Special."
Teacher says that all the kids are special, too.
The Special system was used in Fallout and Fallout 2 and worked well. The class system features such as statistics, skills, perks, and traits to display your character's strengths and weaknesses.
Wow... maybe other RPGs should display characters' strengths and weaknesses, too. That'd be nifty.
Special is a short form of strength, agility, charisma, intelligence, and so on.
Heehee... in that order? :roll:

Don't previews usually include some bits that we didn't know already? I think this one might actually take knowledge about Lionheart DOWN a notch. There's nothing really here beyond what I saw on fan sites a few months ago (with the possible exception of tech requirements). Oh well.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Most early previews these days are made by summarizing interviews, the official game site, an general news bits that are posted on the game. The only previews I'd take seriously are the ones generated from press preview builds of the game.

Things like what AllRPG.com posted can't really be taken seriously since there's no "hands on" time with the title. I really enjoy the ones that talk about how good the gameplay is because outside of Reflexive and BIS, no one's played anything remotely current about the game.
------------------
Our Host!