Battlefield: LA

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.

Where did you get your movie reviews when I forgot to post mine?

Rotten tomatoes
33%
I refused to read any reviews besides yours.
67%

Total votes: 9

POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Battlefield: LA

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

It's a movie about aliens attacking the world and LA being the last defense on the west coast. It stars Aaron Erkhart and a cast of marines who go through LA trying to survive. The movie is full of cliches and I think the best description of the movie is Black Hawk Down in LA with Aliens.

From the previews the movie looked lackluster and I wasn't expecting much and I wouldn't say I was surprised but it was a little bit better than I was expecting. The only reason being is because it had marine comradery even though it was hamfisted. I came in expecting some killing alien action and that's what I got even though it wasn't as good as Independence day which is the king of humans versus aliens okay. The CGI wasn't very good with like artificial sparks and stuff that look out of place and in one scene I think they literally forgot to render the water for a few seconds but whatever it didn't matter much.

Standard movie to watch while eating popcorn.

Last week I also saw the Adjustment Bureau with Matt Damon and its about like angels who control the world but Matt likes a girl so he says I don't want your plan and then uses doors to moves around the city. It was actually pretty good even though the premise of the movie seems kind of hokey and it's more of a love story than I thought it would be. The movie honestly looked like it was going to be pretty stupid but it was getting some decent reviews so I saw it and came out impressed. They take an unlikely story and give it some good characters who make it work.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Re: Battlefield: LA

Post by Wolfman Walt »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:It was actually pretty good even though the premise of the movie seems kind of hokey and it's more of a love story than I thought it would be.....They take an unlikely story and give it some good characters who make it work.
It's a Philip K. Dick story, which explains the weirdness of the initial premise.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

i literally throw my hands up in the air sometimes saying ayo gotta let go
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Post by Alister McFap II Esq. »

Pooperscooper sees all the movies but never goes to the theater with a girl which makes his reviews worth jackshit

he could at least watch them eat popcorn no?
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Alister McFap II Esq. wrote:he could at least watch them eat popcorn no?
That'd be more of reviewing the girl than the movie.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I see Dreadnought's stuck in some kind of high school phase where he enjoys making out in movie theaters instead of watching the goddamned movie he paid money for.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

If by making out you mean PUBLIC SEX then you're right. B-)
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Alister McFap II Esq. wrote:If by making out you mean chasing them out of the theatre with the old "hole in the popcorn" trick then you're right. B-)
Fixed.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I just saw The Adjustment Bureau even though I wanted to see Battle Los Angeles. It wasn't a bad movie, but it was entertaining. I think it should have been called Men With Silly Hats.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Matt Damon must be so tired. I mean, he's running everywhere in every movie he's in. I bet when he's not shooting he's always sleeping.
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Tofu Man wrote:
Alister McFap II Esq. wrote:If by making out you mean chasing them out of the theatre with the old "hole in the popcorn" trick then you're right. B-)
Fixed.
Sneaky. :pelvic_thrust:
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Independence day which is the king of humans versus aliens okay.
AHEM Aliens was much better than Independence Day in the Aliens Vs Humans department, yo.

Saw it. It was pretty good. I enjoyed it, atleast. Was full of cliches, but oh well. Atleast it wasn't like Signs or Skyline where the "Alien Weakness" was something utterly fucking ridiculous. I liked it and felt the action was pretty well done. Didn't notice the CGI sticking too far out, but then again, I guess I just don't have the eye for it like Pooper does, as per his True Grit review.
Taco-Hero
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Taco-Hero »

I just watched Battle at LA or something like that title on the SciFy channel. If it's anywhere near as good as that movie, I'll be in for a treat.
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Well assholes, better read up on the shit it's based on.

Back in the 40s there was some major crap going down in LA where actual factual UFOs were attacked by the army. It was probably weather balloon's reflecting swamp gas off god's forehead.

Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I havent seen it yet but hear its chit wich i s of course a bummer as I LIKE UFOS and shit like that ok

also I watched the film 'Skyline' this week which is about a bunch of bros trapped in a penthouse apartment because aliens have invaded LA or some shit I cant remember. it was a bit like cloverfield but not as good as that but on the other hand it had some pretty good ideas like rippin out peoples brains and some of the monster designs were good. but then the actors were all of tv and it dragged in places there was about 10 minutes of stuff that was good so, whatever
:chew:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Wolfman Walt wrote:
POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Independence day which is the king of humans versus aliens okay.
AHEM Aliens was much better than Independence Day in the Aliens Vs Humans department, yo.

Saw it. It was pretty good. I enjoyed it, atleast. Was full of cliches, but oh well. Atleast it wasn't like Signs or Skyline where the "Alien Weakness" was something utterly fucking ridiculous. I liked it and felt the action was pretty well done. Didn't notice the CGI sticking too far out, but then again, I guess I just don't have the eye for it like Pooper does, as per his True Grit review.
I meant more that Independence Day is like the king in all out world versus worlds maybe. Aliens is definitely a superior movie buts more small scale, you get what I mean?
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Poops are you gonna watch MIB 3?
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

They're making a third one now?
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Any sequel with timetravel which isn't a comedy and in which the previous first films didn't include time travel is NEVER, EVER worth watching.
Our Host!