Baby long (five)

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Megatron wrote:Is babylon 5 worth watching? I was reading about it on wikipedia the other day and there are some slugs in space suits true or falso.
It's a spectacular show. First season is pretty spotty but after the focus shifts off of the main human in season one to the main human of the rest of the show it's pretty awesome.
Kashluk wrote:I really liked Babylon 5, back in the days when it was all "ooooh, how cool sfx!" The story's pretty nice, IMHO, especially considering if the rumor's true that the script for the whole series was finished before a single day of shooting it.

It might feel a bit corny here and there, the FX are definitely obsolete and some of the actors are crappy, but in general I really liked the story the series told.
Pretty much this. Never heard that rumor, though. Sounds pretty extraordinary, nigh upon impossible.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I seem to have exaggerated on the "writing the whole script before-hand" part, but apparently the guy behind B5 actually had the big plot points and twists figured out from the beginning:
J. Michael Straczynski, in 1995, wrote:Once I had the locale, I began to populate it with characters, and sketch out directions that might be interesting. I dragged out my notes on religion, philosophy, history, sociology, psychology, science (the ones that didn't make my head explode), and started stitching together a crazy quilt pattern that eventually formed a picture. Once I had that picture in my head, once I knew what the major theme was, the rest fell into place. All at once, I saw the full five year story in a flash, and I frantically began scribbling down notes.
And the same guy wrote almost all of the episodes (according to Wikipedia 92 out of 110), "notably including an unbroken 59-episode run through the third and fourth seasons, and all but one episode of the fifth season."
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Yes it is Megatron. Yes it is.
And that comes from me *evil grin* which means now you can't watch it *even bigger grin*.

Seriously it's one of the best ones and it's definitely better than cockstar galactica.

There's an awesome 3d fan made game out there called "I FOUND HER" if you ever want to explore the massive, full 3d universe of Bab 5 to.
Our Host!