Skyrim a few miles away

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

I saw a Bethesda game the other day. :aiee:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Could it be said anyone working on Skyrim is performing a rim job?
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

On completely unrelated news (then again maybe not) Dragon Age 2 is hell bent in breaking some sort of record.

It has a 84/100 Metascore for critic reviews and a whopping 3.0/10 user score.
For comparative purposes, Alpha Protocol had 72/100 & 7.3/10.

Sometimes I love the internet. Cherry on top'd be the same happening to Skyrim. :chew:
TheCynic
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by TheCynic »

I clicked on that link. The first user to rate it gave it a ten. He said DA1 was his favorite rpg of all time. The rest of his review went like this "Blah blah blah Dual Wield blah blah"

Dragon Age and Fable had a lot in common, so much promised, so little delivered. AOD (and recently added Dead State) are the only games worth caring about.

Skyrim looks like Fallout 3 without guns. Including Brotherhood of Steel (with capes) CANT FUCKING WAIT....eh
"Don't wake me for the end of the world unless it has very good special effects." -- Roger Zelazny
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

You know it's really a sad state of affairs when you actually TRY to like Oblivion because you're so fucking bored and no matter how much you try it still feels like you're playing a 2006 hardware tester.

Will Skyrim deliver!? Most certainly not but hopefully the torrent is less boring than that! It'll probably seem amazing at first but quickly become burdensome and boring with it's own tedium, you know, like Oblivion and Fallout 3.

Tamriel: once a very promising world with very promising potential, now totally fucked up by that piss ant Todd and company and Microsoft. Why the fuck would they change for the better? The only thing you could distinctly have any hope for is having a semi-enjoyable action game with stats, sort of like Dark Messiah but with more bloom.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

TheCynic wrote:(...) AOD (and recently added Dead State) are the only games worth caring about.(...)
Tru dat.
Will Skyrim deliver!? Most certainly not but hopefully the torrent is less boring than that!
Skyrim - Mildly less entertaining than waiting for it to finish downloading over torrent.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

So my brother played DA:O 2 over the past few days and just finished it today. Unlike me, he also finished DA:O.

He said that the story was great but that was about it. It was spread too thinly with too many dungeons in between and just way, way too much combat. Also apparently there simply aren't enough interesting things in the game to keep you motivated.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Tofu Man wrote: Skyrim - Mildly less entertaining than waiting for it to finish downloading over torrent.
If it turns out to be Oblivion with...more Nords than you shall be absolutely correct. :google:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

It'll be Fallout 3 without guns loool
- the Vault Dweller
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Gutbuster!
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:So my brother played DA:O 2 over the past few days and just finished it today. Unlike me, he also finished DA:O.

He said that the story was great but that was about it. It was spread too thinly with too many dungeons in between and just way, way too much combat. Also apparently there simply aren't enough interesting things in the game to keep you motivated.
Origins just barely interested me but DA2 looks like it took all resemblance of interest from the game so I will probably never play it. I didn't finish the first one but I could somewhat appreciate it for what it was maybe.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Absolutely, mate, for I can to appreciate a big steamy smelly pile of turd when I chance upon one for what it is as well.

But once everyone starts worshipping the turd, indoctrinating it into the mainstream stank, successfully turning everyone and their mothers into giant turd whiffers, then I get angry! :dance:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I enjoyed Origins. Didn't bother with any of the DLC or the expansion pack because they looked like cash-ins. Dragon Age 2 holds no interest for me because it just looked like they dumbed down something that didn't need dumbed down.
- the Vault Dweller
TheCynic
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by TheCynic »

it just looked like they dumbed down something that didn't need dumbed down
Welcome to modern gaming?? :?
"Don't wake me for the end of the world unless it has very good special effects." -- Roger Zelazny
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Im considering nwn 2... is it any good... i recall trying it and quit since it was too much like kotor... I hate the kotor party in the ship thing....
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Mismatch wrote:Im considering nwn 2... is it any good... i recall trying it and quit since it was too much like kotor... I hate the kotor party in the ship thing....
From what I remember it's pretty much like DA:O, diablo combat meets telenovela, only not as cringeworthy (it is Obsidian rather than Bidonware). But yeah if memory serves, Bidon were making Kotor at the time whilst Obsid would follow NWN2 up with Kotor2, so safe to say they have their likenesses.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Retlaw83 wrote:I enjoyed Origins. Didn't bother with any of the DLC or the expansion pack because they looked like cash-ins. Dragon Age 2 holds no interest for me because it just looked like they dumbed down something that didn't need dumbed down.
So who'd you fuck? Antonio Banderas elf for the lulz? It's actually the only good bit in the game. That is, unless the ending dispenses free blow jobs and coffee, but then I never got that far.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I banged Morrigan so she could have a demon baby. It was pretty awesome.
- the Vault Dweller
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

seems fun.
we will see...
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

From what I observed from my brother playing the game, it seemed as if he was either fighting a bunch of dudes or running to some place to fight a bunch of dudes. Oh by the way I also saw a couple of conversations - the way you picked dialogue options seemed to be the formula from Mass Effect (speech trees).
Our Host!