Awaken Campaign, by Vault-tec games (Single Player Campaign)

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Awaken Campaign, by Vault-tec games (Single Player Campaign)

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Just a little point of wiew.

Ive been kicking it around the desert in Awaken for abit now and I must say the feel is great, the small quests are nice and VERY fallouty. The overall storyline seems to be there, but hopefully needs to be uncovered.... the only gripe I have is the mapping.. being a modder/mapper myself I feel details in the maps are important. Most of the mapping are abit sloppy... which isnt that bad I guess, but most of the locations ive been at until now are just random maps from the campaign or multiplayer maps from the original game, only modified a little bit. Its works out great though, but it is abit disappointing to see. As for combat, its just my style. Fairly high lethality, not to much hightech (yet anyway) and not too much ammo. Theres been a few dialogues with polish text even though I DLed the english version. But until now, its not that bad.

My impression, until now, is that this campaign/mod is a very good attempt at merging FOT with FO and creating a very FO 1&2 like storyline with fairly good and tactical combat scenes. If you have FOT and the connection to stomach it, you should DL this mod and have the fun playing it. Yeah.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

I just left the vault and I stumbled upon the "oasis" or whatever (the SRE with tribals, highwaymen, civies, and radscoprions). So far, I like what I see. 2 probs:

1) Couldn't find what Rebecca ate that made her sick. Couldn't even find her room (at least, I don't think I found it...)

2) I got a quest from a guy named Ted to kill some radscorpions and/or lead them to the Tribals' water. Two tribals died and two radscorps died. Ted said something about "at least two of them should die," so I went back to him and he had no click speech for the quest being done. Eh?

And I'm *this* close to gettin' level 2! Yey! :)
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
MacBeth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by MacBeth »

Max-Violence wrote:1) Couldn't find what Rebecca ate that made her sick. Couldn't even find her room (at least, I don't think I found it...)
if you found it then give the doc what you found :) (with barter)
Max-Violence wrote:I got a quest from a guy named Ted to kill some radscorpions and/or lead them to the Tribals' water. Two tribals died and two radscorps died. Ted said something about "at least two of them should die," so I went back to him and he had no click speech for the quest being done. Eh?
well a bug i susspose :rolleyes: the funniest thing i dont see any error in the triggers

and BTW play the tutorial some ways to complete the quest are explained in there...

try to figure somethings by yourself up, because if im going to write everything here down some people might lose most of the fun looking for solutions for quest
- who's the one to BLAME!? -
- shin! shin! sei! kyuu! sai! -
- hail the mushroom cloud -

me not like my english ;)
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

MacBeth wrote:and BTW play the tutorial some ways to complete the quest are explained in there...
I, um, didn't know there were new tutorial missions for Awaken...
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Max-Violence wrote:I, um, didn't know there were new tutorial missions for Awaken...
The basic tutorial has been changed into Awaken Tutorial.

One quiestion to you, Macbeth, the tutorial says that dialogue is based on stats? I didnt really notice that in the game.. and also I thought it was impossible since, for excample, if charisma was to bed used all the chars of the team would have their charisma score added together and have that used to effect the trigger..? But.. In the tutorial it doesnt do this. Tthe adding together that is.

?
MacBeth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by MacBeth »

Forty-six & Two wrote:
Max-Violence wrote:I, um, didn't know there were new tutorial missions for Awaken...
The basic tutorial has been changed into Awaken Tutorial.

One quiestion to you, Macbeth, the tutorial says that dialogue is based on stats? I didnt really notice that in the game.. and also I thought it was impossible since, for excample, if charisma was to bed used all the chars of the team would have their charisma score added together and have that used to effect the trigger..? But.. In the tutorial it doesnt do this. Tthe adding together that is.
khem well using the stats to determine the effectiveness of your speeches was used once in the game when the player was most probably still alone (so it wasn't added) but after that the only thing that i can remember when determining npc reactions is again only one sytuation (this time it "counts" the your team members (if youre alone, there are three of you or else))

and in the tutorial it might not add because the trigger is "if player human has more than 6 stats points inteligence at talk zone" (not anywhere) so it didn't sum it up

alexwryt

Post by alexwryt »

This campaign is quite enjoyable, the only problem I have is that Rad-away is rare as platinum. I have been wondering the wastelands for an hour looking for the stuff. I found one merchant selling Rad-X but that's it. Please spill the beans and tell me where I can find some Rad-Away, I really need the stuff :)
MacBeth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by MacBeth »

alexwryt wrote:This campaign is quite enjoyable, the only problem I have is that Rad-away is rare as platinum. I have been wondering the wastelands for an hour looking for the stuff. I found one merchant selling Rad-X but that's it. Please spill the beans and tell me where I can find some Rad-Away, I really need the stuff :)
in new chicago there's a drug dealer in the undergound (his name is Ace) he's got some rad-away's and also in the begining you could already get one rad-away from the Doc in the vault (the lockers near the bed where his daugher lies)

Maximous
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Rebecca

Post by Maximous »

Rebecca's room is on the 2nd floor, lower (at the bottom of your screen) right. When you walk into her room look to the back of her room and around the corner you will see a bag (like a healing potion bag) which says white powder (?!?!?!? :-) In fact, if you walk next to each door on the 2nd floor, objects will appear that normally you can't see, that is how I found the "bag."
alexwryt

Post by alexwryt »

OK cool this brings to mind a bug I have gotten, where the vault you start in disappears off the map after you leave. Or is it supposed to be like this, like they lock the doors behind you so you can't come back?
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

alexwryt wrote:OK cool this brings to mind a bug I have gotten, where the vault you start in disappears off the map after you leave. Or is it supposed to be like this, like they lock the doors behind you so you can't come back?
I was about to ask that same question.
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
MacBeth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by MacBeth »

Max-Violence wrote:
alexwryt wrote:OK cool this brings to mind a bug I have gotten, where the vault you start in disappears off the map after you leave. Or is it supposed to be like this, like they lock the doors behind you so you can't come back?
I was about to ask that same question.
it was suppossed to be so

Maximous
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Maximous »

It's not supposed to show up until you complete the "Promise Land" quest.

Believe me...you have to go back to the vault (V32....does that stand for 32 values...not)
abraxas_666

Need help.

Post by abraxas_666 »

Just a few questions to anyone who can help.

1. Disapearing exit grid in BRC? I can get in but then cannot leave, anyone else have this happen or is it a bug specific to my install?Also If I skip this mission is it a game breaker as far as finishing goes?

2. Cannot seem to be able to by the Corvega in barter town. Guy says it is 3000 caps, i give him the money and nothing happens, is this also a bug?

Will have more as i get into the game but was hoping for answers to these as I like it so far but find these little things frustrating as it seems as if I am not getting the full game experience.
MacBeth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Re: Need help.

Post by MacBeth »

abraxas_666 wrote:1. Disapearing exit grid in BRC? I can get in but then cannot leave, anyone else have this happen or is it a bug specific to my install?Also If I skip this mission is it a game breaker as far as finishing goes?
you fell into a hole and the ladder is broken thats why you cant get out, look for a rope

spoiler
-one of the junkers has it-
end of spoiler
abraxas_666 wrote:2. Cannot seem to be able to by the Corvega in barter town. Guy says it is 3000 caps, i give him the money and nothing happens, is this also a bug?
somone messed the translation up because in the polish version it was that the guy wants NV goggles the txt file was fixed in 1.32, but you still lost 3k caps :/

spoiler
-one of the merchant in the barter town has the goggles-
end of spoiler

edit: the secound spoiler was not correctly written
Last edited by MacBeth on Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jona0

Post by jona0 »

Hi!

Thanks for the great campaign. Although it lasted 9 hrs to dnload it, it was worth it! One advice: Please include a readme next time, how to start the campaign! And where is the atxt.rar file that was mentioned on the awaken-site ?

Some probs that I had (till now):

- I cant get the car! It doesent work to give the 3k caps
is there another car, I can get ?

- Where is the d*** key for the Bank-lockers ?

- If I find the husband and the DC and kill the DC at once, (which I am not supposed to, it seems), I will get the next quest, but it is impossible to solve, because the DC is already dead!

- Are there really no FA kits or Doctor BAGS IN THIS Mod?
I only fouind one FA in Barter Town ;-(((

- Same with rad-x and rad-away. Is it on purpose, that they are more
rare than gold ?

- Is it possible to do the quests for the bandits AND the Rangers ?
again If I killed the bandits too early, there will be no quest !?

- some more chests to put stuff in, would be good!

- why is this Hunting rifle that heavy - 27 pnds is very much ?

In all, you have done a great work! It seems as it it were FO3, well almost....

Greetings
Jona
MacBeth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by MacBeth »

jona0 wrote:Please include a readme next time, how to start the campaign! And where is the atxt.rar file that was mentioned on the awaken-site ?
oh. right the info section is a _little_ out of date, you dont need any additional file, all the things were put into the installation file (and into the patches)
jona0 wrote:- I cant get the car! It doesent work to give the 3k caps
is there another car, I can get ?
let me quote myself :)
MacBeth wrote:somone messed the translation up because in the polish version it was that the guy wants NV goggles the txt file was fixed in 1.32, but you still lost 3k caps :/
jona0 wrote:- Where is the d*** key for the Bank-lockers ?
if you read the letters you should know :)
spoiler warning
it's in rampart north (well not north exactly, it's more like north east) from the bruce dick & son bulding, it's easy to miss it but it's there :P
EOS - end of spoiler
jona0 wrote:- If I find the husband and the DC and kill the DC at once, (which I am not supposed to, it seems), I will get the next quest, but it is impossible to solve, because the DC is already dead!
the funniest thing is that it work for me good, but youre not the first person who tells it doesnt work :/
jona0 wrote:- Are there really no FA kits or Doctor BAGS IN THIS Mod? I only fouind one FA in Barter Town ;-(((
there are a few in rampart (in the centre of the city in one of the white bulding there's a thin-citizen who's name is doc or something like that, he should have a few of them)
jona0 wrote:- Same with rad-x and rad-away. Is it on purpose, that they are more rare than gold ?
well.... yes :P
jona0 wrote:- Is it possible to do the quests for the bandits AND the Rangers ? again If I killed the bandits too early, there will be no quest !?
nope, you have to decide, which way you want to go
jona0 wrote:- some more chests to put stuff in, would be good!
there are a _few_ lockers with goodies inside them (for example the bank-locker to which key youre looking for)
jona0 wrote:- why is this Hunting rifle that heavy - 27 pnds is very much ?
it's because we didnt like the idea of our hero wandering through the wastes with 5 pistols, 10 rifles and 1000 pices of ammo

jona0 wrote:In all, you have done a great work! It seems as it it were FO3, well almost....
personaly i wouldnt mind if interplay took it's greedy hands on it and made it a more profesional campaign (with real dialogs maybe, that would be to wonderful :) )

Post by Guest »

Hello!

Uh, thanks a lot for your detailed reply!

I wasnt in Ramport yet (I am still in NC!)....
But that I searched for this d*** key the whole Barter Town and didnt find it - thanks for your tip!

I have something else, though.

I didnt mean a chest to GET things, but a chest to PUT things into!
(at least as long, as I have no car....)

In most cities there is only one chest, that I cannot open (at that time)
and nothing to put my stuff into....
At least in FO2, there was (almost) in any town a chest or locker to put things in....

At least, after the Tribal Quest in Oasis, there is a lot more stuff, than I can carry....

How many "recruits" will be there ?
I now have a full squad.... will there be more members, so I will have to dump someone ?

Also in some of the (Special) Encounters, the roofs will not be removed, when I enter ???

One oddity: Why are there several items twice in the inventory?
f.e. the 10mm Ammo JHP is there twice, and I have to use up one quantity first.....(I do NOT mean the difference between JHP and AP!)

Same is for clubs, crowbars etc. Why is there always an item twice in the inventory ? Purpose? Bug?

Again, I wish to thank you for creating this mod! In spite of all these -minor- glitches its seems perfect!

Greetings
Jona
MacBeth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by MacBeth »

I wasnt in Ramport yet (I am still in NC!)....
Rampart not Ramport :) (hey but thats a nice idea for town name)
I didnt mean a chest to GET things, but a chest to PUT things into!
(at least as long, as I have no car....)
oh I see now, not a bad idea (but its kinda funny, someone walks into your house and puts his stuff into your chest, how would you feel? :D)
How many "recruits" will be there ?
I now have a full squad.... will there be more members, so I will have to dump someone ?
there are about 6 "recruits", and no you wont have to dump anyone, they just wont appear on the character-bar
Also in some of the (Special) Encounters, the roofs will not be removed, when I enter ???
will fix it
One oddity: Why are there several items twice in the inventory?
f.e. the 10mm Ammo JHP is there twice, and I have to use up one quantity first.....(I do NOT mean the difference between JHP and AP!)
its because the items have different entities names because 9mm ball ammo was replaced by 10mm JHP so the JHP appears twice, and the 9mm ball wasnt deleted from all the maps and entities just because it would take too much time (at first all the weapons from FOT were supposed to stay, but after a peroid of time they were replaced by FO1/2 weapons/items)

Again, I wish to thank you for creating this mod! In spite of all these -minor- glitches its seems perfect!
yeah, almost :D

redscopion

how doew it work

Post by redscopion »

i cant get this mod instaled right. I have all of the newest patches installed and everything but awaken wont show up in the menu once i start the game. Is this because i have windows 98?
Our Host!