The Figher

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.

What type of boxing movie person are you?

Rocky
67%
Raging Bull
33%

Total votes: 3

POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

The Figher

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

So I saw this movie last week and it stars Mark Walburg and Christian Bale. It's a regular boxing movie with maybe a few twists on the premise with his family keeping Walburg back or something. Mark Walburg isn't that great in it but he kind of just does his Walburg thing, Bale on the other hand was pretty good he plays a druggy who was once a boxer but trains his brother (walburg). Overall the movie had some slow parts and definitely felt pretty long even though it wasn't really.

It's really hard to make a boxing movie anymore since the story tends to always be the same and it becomes cliche. My dad didn't want to see the movie originally because of that but since the lack of other movies out we haven't seen we saw it. I do have to say that the fight scenes are pretty well done, they make it realistic and put a bit of strategy into the matches instead of "FIGHT HARDER" etc. It always bothered me after watching Rocky and then watching a boxing match and how different they are.

Anyways, the movie has some good performances by a few actors and is somewhat entertaining. It will probably win a few oscars or be nominated for all of them but nothing that people will really think deserves to win except for Christian Bale.
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Post by Alister McFap II Esq. »

Do you just go and watch any kind of shit movie that comes out?
Taco-Hero
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Taco-Hero »

It seems like your father doesn't want to see anything, but I'm kind of the same way but when I finally go see the movie I don't usually regret cause I try to find something that isn't disappointing, other than the time I saw "The Blind Side."
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

I've been told that I look like Christian Bale.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Post by Alister McFap II Esq. »

rad resistance wrote:I've been told that I look like a homo with overbite.
Fix'd.
Our Host!