Macky's Review of Fallout: New Vegas

Discuss Obsidian's Vegas Fallout game here. Also: Fallout 4, Fallout 76, Fallout Shelter and other new dairy products from Bethesda's farm that don't have separate forums here yet.
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

I bet he's from Finland.
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Post by Alister McFap II Esq. »

Yonmanc wrote:I bet
How much? I bet 20 bucks on Blargh being from Tuvalu.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Yonmanc wrote:I bet he's from Finland.
Blargh wrote:My viewpoint has been rather eloquently outlined by airsoft guy.

Sadly though, I doubt the current government of Australia (my current region of residence) will overturn the legislation they have introduced or reinforced that prohibits these issues. With few exceptions (of individual state level government, yet even then they are mostly trivial allowances), Australia is the proud bearer of a fascist administration in my opinion.

All the more reason to emigrate I suppose... :drunk:
Unless he's emigrated in the past six years, looks like I was right in him being a Trotskiest feline anyway. Haha, I shan't even take his posts seriously anymore. :drunk:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Just because he's living in Australia doesn't make him Australian.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Either way, such opinions are criss-crossed with mine and any former admiration (if such a thing existed) is safely null. :drunk:
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Retlaw83 wrote:Just because he's living in Australia doesn't make him Australian.
How :dreadnought:
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

I was just throwing out a random guess. I'm sticking with it though, that Finnish cunt. :drunk:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Confirm / Deny / :google:

Post by Blargh »

That any of you are even pondering this Subject of Undeniably Great Import is but another comment on the tragical state of this forum.
Tethered Lipstick Thespian wrote:six
Ahahaha. Such a narrow flag . . .
Magical Mormon Zenith wrote:shan't
You can't be serious, can you ? Ahahahaha. :drunk:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Writing of tragedy : Best Friend Tabitha wasn't written to be a CNPC. What a shame(ful oversight). :drunk:
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Rule Of Law(yers)

Post by 4too »

Rule Of Law(yers)

Nose pressed against the virtual glass, open mouth wonder and pulsing breath a condensing fog.

Looking from the outside, so to speak.

Have only progressed to acquiring box that portends FO-NV (still in protective: prophylactic / seal of freshness).

This speculation on the nation building potential of Caesar's Legion, may hinge on how much of a governing bureaucracy would be established,

and whether the CL status quo had a functional quid pro quo.

NCR was established and characteristically tripping over the dysfunctional realities of governing hierarchies. What establishment did CL foster?

Was this incarnation of post-post apoc' Caesar an administrator and a facilitator, or just another raider in Roman - tunic - drag.

Would, under the protection of CL, village, town, city and regional economics
be forged into a nation state with all the appropriate blessings and dam-nations of 'rule of law',

et al the congenital brokers / impedimentae of ...

'rule of lawyers'.

Maybe all will be divined, in classical western civ' tradition, the spilling out, and fingering of entrails in the next DLC or FO-NV-2!

4too
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Blargh wrote:Writing of tragedy : Best Friend Tabitha wasn't written to be a CNPC. What a shame(ful oversight). :drunk:
Rhonda is the only one in her heart.

Best Friend Tabitha did tell you to beware the battle cattle; as long as you remember her advice she'll always be with you.
- the Vault Dweller
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

just like trans fat

Post by Blargh »

By default the game permits one humanoid lackey and one non-humanoid lackey.

BALLS WERE DROPPED. IT CANNOT (reasonably) BE DENIED. :drunk:
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

The game is so easy on normal, after beating it on very hard with hardcore thrice normal mode is just a walk in the park. I swear my PC started looking more and more like an X-Box when I played like that, you know, just for lulz.

Never really got into companions though, I always looked at companions as just getting in the way, despite the fact that it seems the benefits of companions in New Vegas are quite, well, beneficial. Oh well.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Anyone else still haven't beat the game like me? I'm thinking of just doing the main major quests and finishing it so my replay will be more enjoyable if I ever get around to it.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Anyone else still haven't beat the game like me? I'm thinking of just doing the main major quests and finishing it so my replay will be more enjoyable if I ever get around to it.
Wish I could relate to ya mate, my existence is hollow enough where's I've beaten the game 'bout 6 times already and most of those I took my time.

In the stage of mod searching now so far I appreciate the effort but most I've tried were a bit "bleh"
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Anyone else still haven't beat the game like me? I'm thinking of just doing the main major quests and finishing it so my replay will be more enjoyable if I ever get around to it.
2nd playthrough. but kinda started playing Worms again and got carried away
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I'm on my fourth playthrough. At this point I'm willfully trying to break the game.
- the Vault Dweller
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Retlaw83 wrote:Just because he's living in Australia doesn't make him Australian.
It would be damned difficult to live here six years legally without being a citizen, to add to that. So he's either emmigrated to the US or the UK or he's dealing with his counter idealism.

We have tougher laws and a few noticeable but nowhere near severe or even dangerous issues with racism amongst the most idiotic of us that makes us fascist. :giggle:

Since I'm a weapon effectiveness freak, I have found that the Gauss Rifle with Max charge Micro cell ammo (which you must create yourself) with all the necessary perks in a sneak critical is the most effective for stealth killers. =)
It's not silent but damn it feels good one shot killing late game enemies on very hard.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KkJfczNBh8

Good to see everything is flowing along like usual here at the old cool dude's hangout.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

I fucking hate SHITsus.
most useless fucking cunt dogs ever. with their disgusting high pitched barking and their dirty fucking eyes and faces
I want to stomp on them and leave them half dead on the ground so they suffer for a few hours
Our Host!