Textbooks...

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
spokomptonjdub
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Textbooks...

Post by spokomptonjdub »

So a textbook was stolen, and I need to replace it.

Does anyone know a good repository for someone who needs something like this? I'd even take pdf form.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

your local library if its still open :obama:
:chew:
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

If its a textbook shouldn't you just take it up with the university/organization you got it from?
spokomptonjdub
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by spokomptonjdub »

For a girlfriend... She left her backpack in her car WHICH DOES NOT LOCK and her bag got stolen. Trying to solve the issue so she can calm down.

Already tried the library and the university does not care... I was just seeing if anyone knew of any "other" means of obtaining a textbook online somewhere.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I don't know how it is in other countries, but in the U.S. we have to buy our textbooks for college classes.

Amazon and Ebay usually have good prices; college students tend to sell their old books so they can get more money than returning it to the campus bookstore.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

Retlaw83 wrote:I don't know how it is in other countries, but in the U.S. we have to buy our textbooks for college classes.
As a sophomore I've rented about half of the books I needed at my university. Those were textbooks, though, actual novels for English classes or lab manuals cost ye olde fuckload like always. I did have to buy a few textbooks, though, and as I go further into my major I'm sure I'll have to buy even more.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Buy them from the company that makes them?
Buy used ones from ebay?
Copy all the pages from a friend using a scanner and a printer?
Steal them from your teacher?

I mean common theres so many ways to do this depending on how much money you got.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Some textbooks (but not many) are available online. Check the databases to which you have access from your university.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Retlaw83 wrote:I don't know how it is in other countries, but in the U.S. we have to buy our textbooks for college classes.
I thought it was going to be the same for my MA, but all of the books here are in the library...even for the undergraduate classes. The professors will put the books on reserve, which means that they can't leave the library and you can only check them out for 2 hours at a time. Saves a ton of money.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

you wouldn't steal a textbook
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peer-to-peer_file_sharing

if you manage to find it you could probably take it to a printing place and get it done for about $10 perhaps
:chew:
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Gimp Mask wrote:you wouldn't steal a textbook

It's been done... :eyebrow:
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

spokomptonjdub wrote:For a girlfriend... She left her backpack in her car WHICH DOES NOT LOCK and her bag got stolen. Trying to solve the issue so she can calm down.

Already tried the library and the university does not care... I was just seeing if anyone knew of any "other" means of obtaining a textbook online somewhere.
Stop being a cheap bastard and get your girlfriend a new lock on her car jeez be a man.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

locks on cars are a joke. they cost the factory 5cents and can be picked by a retarded thirdgrader who happens to stick his dick in the lock. Dont bother man. Unless the lock has 6 or 7 pins on each side (up and down), or is a fancy schmancy electronic one there is no point in doing it. Negros with skills will pop it open if they want to.
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Post by Alister McFap II Esq. »

Get one of those south african flamethrower car alarms. :fire:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Superhaze wrote:can be picked by a retarded thirdgrader who happens to stick his dick in the lock.
Finally, another use for that retarded third grader I kidnapped!
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Alister McFap II Esq. wrote:Get one of those south african flamethrower car alarms. :fire:
Oh yeah that shit is awesome. Also no need to bring the heavy barbeque grill on trips. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdY ... re=related
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Become a bounty hunter and snag the bastard, a future career shall present itself.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

What is pretty popular here with asian students is to wait for the teacher to point out something in the book then borrow the book from someone and take a pic of it.

I know one kid in my group who took 100s of pics of the book and just uses his laptop.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:What is pretty popular here with asian students is to wait for the teacher to point out something in the book then borrow the book from someone and take a pic of it.

I know one kid in my group who took 100s of pics of the book and just uses his laptop.

That's like downloading and downloading is:

Our Host!