New Vegas Recommended Mods

Discuss Obsidian's Vegas Fallout game here. Also: Fallout 4, Fallout 76, Fallout Shelter and other new dairy products from Bethesda's farm that don't have separate forums here yet.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I've put a shitload of work into updating this thread. I would love to use some tables to make it fit better, but I don't think we have them enabled in our usable BBCode. Still, I can check the links again soon and maybe call this page closer to being legitimate.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Still wondering if I start it all over again :/
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Say what?
If you mean, do you need to start a fresh profile to do it, it's not always necessary but it is for numerous mods that involve new scripts.

If you mean, is it worth starting all over again, or reinstalling the game, yes. Yes, it certainly, absolutely is.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Manoil wrote:Say what?
If you mean, do you need to start a fresh profile to do it, it's not always necessary but it is for numerous mods that involve new scripts.

If you mean, is it worth starting all over again, or reinstalling the game, yes. Yes, it certainly, absolutely is.
Yeah, I'm wondering if I'm installing and starting from scratch.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

I have played through NV so much it seems silly to consider going back to it. I did just obtain the dlc for the pc version however. Is Old World Blues alone enough reason to go back? Gone through all of them except that. And I'm pretty sure I'd have to start over too.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

OWB is arguably the best DLC.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

SenisterDenister wrote:OWB is arguably the best DLC.
I second this notion.

And if your rig can handle ENB/Shader mods, the game will look insanely next-gen/hyper realistic. Add to that, new mechanics, a greater variety of items, faces, random-spawned critters and brand new locales, and it's the same game with infinitely more to offer.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEE-

Post by Blargh »

Dead Money is my favourite - if only because I love the way it so brazenly derails the oh so common three-dozen-guns-and-everything-else gameplay paradigm, and because the writing is the strongest of all the NV DLCs. In comparison, while entertaining, OWB is a string of memes and Science! japes. Particularly, I found it delightful to become BFFs with Dean Domino, until, in a moment of colossal, blinding ego, he confided the sordid details of his peak petty arseholeishness, to which I responded at muzzle velocity. In his final milliseconds, I imagine he felt betrayed . . .

Catharsis. :drunk:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

PLATONIC IDEAL OF SPITE

Post by Blargh »

The super secret cut ending of OWB is wonderful, though. That I concede. :drunk:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Re: PLATONIC IDEAL OF SPITE

Post by Manoil »

Blargh wrote:The super secret cut ending of OWB is wonderful, though. That I concede. :drunk:
Hot damn. This is my first time reading this.

To your previous statement, I would agree. Dead Money has better, if not more foundation-laying writing. I would say that OWB has better atmosphere, if at least more navigable. Certainly had a lot of wonderful perks attached to it.

My favorite, oddly enough, as a combination of the two, was Honest Hearts. I enjoyed seeing the end result of Caesar's actions, as both his direct influence on Graham and indirect influence on fringe tribes. Certainly was a beautiful place to explore, too, and the end mission-- Splinter Cell-ing with the Burned Man-- was surgical and deadly. It helped me see the appeal of people rallying behind him prior to the first battle of the Dam, rather than just mindless grouping of rabid tribals as an antagonistic force. Definitely paid off to have Keith Szarabajka be his voice actor.

As far as prominent characters go, OWB is the only one not really focusing on the development of a singular character throughout the expansion; it had touches of focus for Ulysses and Father Elijah, but both of them essentially had their own expansions to tell their stories.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

C'mon mang, no TTW?

If nothing else, it's worth it to brutalize and otherwise shit on Fallout 3's characters without affecting the real game you're playing in the Mojave side of things.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Retlaw83 wrote:C'mon mang, no TTW?

If nothing else, it's worth it to brutalize and otherwise shit on Fallout 3's characters without affecting the real game you're playing in the Mojave side of things.
Well, yeah, but I had just kept shy of it in light of how shitty FO3 is. Honestly hadn't even really considered it as a reality until you started talking about your mod. I'm mostly just eager to put that on here, it'll literally double NV's length.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

QED, motherfucker.

Post by Blargh »

It's also highly entertaining to talk Ulysses out of his hilariously petulant plan, devastate the resultant marked men, and then not stop the missiles. Ahahaha. :drunk:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

God, I wish I could format tables on here
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Manoil wrote:God, I wish I could format tables on here
Format them elsewhere, screenshot.
TheKingofVault14
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Re: New Vegas Recommended Mods

Post by TheKingofVault14 »

Fallout: Nuevo Mexico is looking pretty ambitious & promising!
https://youtu.be/-kFVf7q-9iY

:thumbsup:
Our Host!