The guy has the nerve to say anything at all...

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Alister McFap II Esq. wrote:I'm actually drying a batch of jerky right now.
Marinated it over night in a blend of honey hickory BBQ sauce, smokey chipotle tobasco, regular tobasco, worchestershire sauce, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and onion powder.
Then I just put some pepper on it and put it in the oven at 50 centigrade.
It's hanging off the rack, with a tray underneath to catch the juices and/or meat that decided to slide off.
I've cut against the grain, in oder to achieve tenderness.

[img]http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4937/beeft.jpg[img]

Thanks, that's what I thought (about the picture). I never paid attention to this. Maybe I should in the future. The only thing I buy like that is pork filé. The rest is already cut or cut at the butcher. =/ - Or well sometimes I buy something either for the price or the taste that isn't but then I just cut it "with the fibers" I guess - woho now I know.

How long does it go in the oven and how long should I dry it?
Should I salt it in first before drying it to preserve the meat better or is the marinade enough?

I'm thinking of putting it in the underground basement which is dark and cool in a airventilating bag of some sort to protect it from an insect or two.
Actually considering this lol XD man I love jerky.

Perhaps I do not need to dry it much at all since I'm going to eat it and not export it...for now...! So maybe just putting it on the rack at 50 degrees for X hours is enough?
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Post by Alister McFap II Esq. »

50 deg celsius
24 hours
marinade is fine, but you can also use salt if you desire
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

thx