Shinji Mikami Joins Bethesda

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Shinji Mikami Joins Bethesda

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

<strong>[ Company -> Update ]</strong>

<p>In the Bethesda blog they have announced that they acquired the company that Shinji Mikami works for. If you don't know him then he is the guy who made the Resident Evil series and is usually always outspoken like the time he said he would cut his own head off if RE4 was released on ps2.</p>
<p style="text-align: left; padding-left: 30px;"><em>Welcome, stranger! Nick here with more extremely exciting news to share. Fresh off <a href="http://bethblog.com/index.php/2010/08/1 ... dios/">the announcement</a> that Arkane Studios has joined ZeniMax comes this crazy bulletin: <a href="http://tangogameworks.com/studio/profil ... i/">Shinji Mikami</a>, legendary game developer and creator of the Resident Evil series, has followed suit with his new studio <a href="http://tangogameworks.com/">Tango Gameworks</a>.</em></p>
<p style="text-align: left; padding-left: 30px;"><em>Mikami&rsquo;s credits are long and distinguished. Fans will know him best as the creator and longtime steward of the Resident Evil series, which he founded in 1996. Mikami supervised the franchise until directing his final entry, Resident Evil 4, widely considered to be a masterpiece of game design.</em></p>
<p style="text-align: left; padding-left: 30px;"><em>Tango will be working on AAA, multi-platform video games, and Mikami will be acting as creative lead on each project. But don&rsquo;t take my word for it &mdash; check out the release below:</em></p>
<p style="text-align: left;">You can read the whole thing <a href="http://bethblog.com/index.php/2010/10/2 ... <p>Spotted @ <a href="http://bethblog.com/">Bethesda Blog</a></p>
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Resident Evil 4 killed the survival horror genre and created the Action Horror genre instead. The Resident Evil remake on the Gamecube was his greatest work, in my opinion. The good thing, now, is that Bethesda fans and weeaboos can now be synonymous.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

SenisterDenister wrote:The good thing, now, is that Bethesda fans and weeaboos can now be synonymous.
They practically were before, just that Beth fans had more furries.

Anyway the RE series has gone downhill for many years now (REmake being the only exception) so there's not really need for anger here, just a morbid sort of curiosity.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Seems like Zenimax is trying to become like EA, but with the specialty of raping everything I enjoyed in my teen years.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

SenisterDenister wrote:Resident Evil 4 killed the survival horror genre and created the Action Horror genre instead. The Resident Evil remake on the Gamecube was his greatest work, in my opinion. The good thing, now, is that Bethesda fans and weeaboos can now be synonymous.
morrowind had katanas and full on furries. pretty sure beth fans were all weaboos already
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I don't know if the majority of Bethesda's fans are furries or weabos - though a lot of them are - but I think it's safe to say Todd Howard is.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Could 2 fails combined possibly equal a win?

I mean, watching the decline of Bethesda and the Biohazard series (it's what RE is really and SHOULD be called) maybe licking each others nads may produce some form of offspring worth something?

Not holding any sort of breath just throwing it out there.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

SenisterDenister wrote:Resident Evil 4 killed the survival horror genre and created the Action Horror genre instead. The Resident Evil remake on the Gamecube was his greatest work, in my opinion. The good thing, now, is that Bethesda fans and weeaboos can now be synonymous.
I liked them both but I thought RE4 was pretty awesome, it was the most fun I've had with a game in a long time and that was like 5 years ago.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Man directed Godhand. I have no fault with him.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

deleted
Last edited by cazsim83 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

I thought that 3 was the best in the series (and by that, I mean from 1, 2, 3).
4 was a massive let-down of course.
I didn't particularly enjoy 1 so much because I played it after having played 2 and found it too technically limiting to be as good as 2.
In fact, I was replaying 2 a few months ago or so but had this issue with game crashing when I was saving which made me rage.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Man directed Godhand. I have no fault with him.
Seriously? Mini power rangers and WWE gorillas? Shit was ridonculous
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

It figures that Todd Howard (responsible for killing TES) and Shinji Mikami (responsible for killing RE) are playing for the same team now. They should get John Romero to form the triforce of fuck ups and make a kinect game together.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Cakester
They call me Bum Tickler

Post by Cakester »

wtf. i thought john romero was decent. you fuck head he is on the same youtube channel, with that guy, who interviews game industry people.

Tim Cain, chris avellone, and now i tell you he has John Romero videos.

also does the Romero part make you hungry for pasta
I been K-lined, G-lined, and Kalvin Klein'd. Nevermind , my kicks, temp bans, perma bans and accusations that i use contraband. i am a hardcore troller, from when i get out of bed, till i fall asleep contemplating the new trolls that lay ahead. 24/7 the net is active, gotta preemptive or be two two puh packive
Our Host!