Hereafter: Clint wants to die

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.

Is Clint Eastwood a good director?

Yes, I like the movies he directs
50%
No his movies kind of stink but I like him as an actor
50%

Total votes: 8

POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Hereafter: Clint wants to die

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

So it's Clint Eastwood's next movie and it's about matt damon who can see dead people when he touches other peoples hand. Other people want to see dead people so they search him out. There is also a french woman who almost dies and sees what it is like in the other world.

That is basically the whole movie and was a pretty long 3 hours I think it was. It moves slow and there wasn't much of a story to go on for 3 hours. I can pretty much guarantee that most of you will not like the movie so I wouldn't recommend it.

I like Clint as an actor but I don't really think his director movies are that good. Gran Tarino was good just because Clint was in it but everything else was kind of meh and the same with Million Dollar Baby. Mystic River was okay and I never saw those 2 war movies he did recently but they looked pretty lack luster too. Unforgiven was pretty good but was also kind of flawed like all of his other movies. What do you guys think?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I think he's got quite a list of good movies he's directed:

Unforgiven
The Bridges of Madison County
Space Cowboys (I actually liked it!)
Mystic River
Million Dollar Baby
Flags of Our Fathers
Letters from Iwo Jima
Changeling
Gran Torino
Invictus

And these are just the newer ones. He's been directing a lot, especially westerns in his younger days. I have not seen Hereafter, but as a devoted Clint fan (actor&director) I just had to bring this up.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Clint's neck is starting to look like a nutsack.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Re: Hereafter: Clint wants to die

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:who can see dead people when he touches other peoples hand.
1983 called, it wants the Dead Zone back.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Pretty much the only good shit he's done (directing wise) were westerns. Unforgiven, High Plains Drifter, Pale Rider. I also hear The Outlaw Josey Wales is good. The man has a remarkable understanding of the genre, shame it didn't carry over to other genres as well.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I thought Gran Torino was awesome, personally.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I liked Mystic River?
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Clint Eastwood is quite over-rated but Gran Torino was good.

Now that I've learned Eastwood's history of turning down the role of Harmonica in 'Once Upon a Time in the West' for egotistical reasons I kinda looked at him as a bit of a 'blah'.

It just seems like the only reason he made westerns was to please his fans due to Sergio Leone making him a western film icon.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I'm not saying his directed movies suck I'm just saying that they aren't as great as people tend to say they are, to me.

I would say that he makes good movies it's just that none of his new ones have any real interest to me. With the amount of times I go to the movies I happened to have skipped on Invictus, Emo Jima 1 and 2.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

His World War II movies were horrible and boring. And the second one wasn't helped by being in Japanese and using subtitles.

As for Invictus, I never bothered watching it because it seemed to be Mandela-glorifying propaganda.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

it actually irked me because it was rugby glorifying propaganda (I like rubgy) but the way he directed it it seemed every character in the movie was only concerned with rugby and winning the world cup etc. which seemed to me a bit unrealistic
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Gran Torino was good? We've determined that as consensus? At DAC? Really? That movie was such a fucking limp-wristed cop out. Also, Clint singing at the end was some seriously weak shit. That film was AWFUL. Also, Unforgiven is one of the best written westerns ever made, and he directed the fuck out of it.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Aonaran wrote:Gran Torino was good? We've determined that as consensus? At DAC? Really? That movie was such a fucking limp-wristed cop out. Also, Clint singing at the end was some seriously weak shit. That film was AWFUL. Also, Unforgiven is one of the best written westerns ever made, and he directed the fuck out of it.
Fucking Christ man it wasn't overly bad, at least I finished the fucker and thought "what an interesting movie". Try watching a few of his mid career movies you may not be so quick to blast it as one of worst.

Yes, Unforgiven was good but that was one of the first westerns I've seen and liked, I've watched many GREAT ones since then so it's at the bottom of the pile.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Aonaran wrote:I also hear The Outlaw Josey Wales is good.
Dude, you of all people haven't seen Outlaw Josey Wales? That's one of his best.

One unforgivable offense he's committed faithfully was casting family members - his then wife and kid in a lot of movies. I can't stand that, nothing breaks down the 4th wall like nepotism in a movie.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Hang Him High, is the shit.
Cow Cud is a twin.
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

Cimmerian Nights wrote:
Aonaran wrote:I also hear The Outlaw Josey Wales is good.
Dude, you of all people haven't seen Outlaw Josey Wales? That's one of his best.

One unforgivable offense he's committed faithfully was casting family members - his then wife and kid in a lot of movies. I can't stand that, nothing breaks down the 4th wall like nepotism in a movie.
it's only breaking the fourth wall if you know they're related to him
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

I guess if you want to rationalize ignorance, that's your deal man.

But when the chick is in movie after movie without ever giving an indication as to why she is always cast opposite him you realize that something is fishy in Denmark - doesn't matter if you know it's his wife or not.

I don't have to ask why Mifune is always cast in Kurosawa movies, his talent is evident. Hers is not.

If Kyle Eastwood is so fucking great, why does nobody other than his father ever employ him?

It's not the familial aspect of nepotism I take issue with, it's the lack of talent. I want the best person for the part, not the chick you're banging at the moment. That's bush league man. And they're not even together anymore. Great idea Clint.

Gee, I wonder why she's not cast in his films anymore?
Suddenly, after they split, she no longer has the merit she once had?
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

YES

Post by Blargh »

Doctor is Nowt wrote:merit
Perhaps he retained her (alleged) thespianic (sic) prowess as part of their (unconfirmed) settlement ? Oho. :drunk:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

my favourite clintwood movie is 'HIGH PLANE DRIFER' as he rapes a woman in the first 10 minutes and is generally a total dude throughout
:chew:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I didn't want to make a new thread but since nothing was really out last weekend at the theater my dad and I saw Jackass 3 in 2d. We were the only ones in the theater which isn't always a bad sign but I guess it was with this because the movie was really bad. Atleast with the other two movies they had some good stuff that was funny but it felt like they tried WAY too hard to do shocking stuff and it ended up just being a really disgusting movie. My dad must have asked me if I wanted to keep watching atleast 3-4 times but I thought might as well finish it.

There was maybe only like one really good act and it was a porta poddy full of poop with stevio inside and then on a bungie type of thing. One of the worst ones was having Preston run on a treadmill then get a cup full of his sweat and then stevio drink it, I almost thought I was going to barf If I kept looking at the screen and just thinking about makes me uneasy.

Either way I don't recommend the movie
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Our Host!