Fallout meets Morrowind

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Kreegle
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Fallout meets Morrowind

Post by Kreegle »

<strong>[ -> N/A]</strong>

There's a new Fallout mod on the way... this time for that rather pretty game, Morrowind. At least, that's what CleaverFish says:<blockquote><em>I don't know if you guys have heard about this one, but some British fans of the Fallout series have decided to make a total conversion for Morrowind (The Elder Scrolls Three, you know that RPG that is said to be "The most innovative and immersive to date") that is based on THE FALLOUT UNIVERSE!!! here is there web site: <a href="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/xaphod/holocaust/index.htm" target="_blank">Apocalypse - A Post Nuclear Mod for Morrowind</a><br><br>It's still in the early stages of development, maybe you can pass the word along that they need some 3D artists (not to mention plenty of ideas). They're also looking for some scanned pictures of landmark cities and buildings to help get the setting as accurate as possible. So put this up in the news section. </em></blockquote>Sir yes sir! There you go CleaverFish. Good luck with it, I hope you get it finished.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Good luck, I hope it's gonna get finished too. But still, quite an ambitious project... :roll:
wamingo

Post by wamingo »

a lot of work yeah, but seeing talented stuff here, take a look at this one for instance:
http://www.incognitomedia.com/~xaphod/floor1apoc.jpg
I think that look excellent. :)
Jack_Deth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Jack_Deth »

Yea, one of the first Fallout mod's that actually looks like it has been thought through and has talent behind it to back it up.

Those screenshots really look great.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Environments and areas sure look good, though there's only that vault-like thingy at the moment. The plot, dialogue, character development is another issue, hopefully those are as good as the screenshots.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

It's looks good.

But Fallout in 3d? I dont know...
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

It's not Fallout. It's a post-apocalyptic mod for Morrowind. Duh! :wink:
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Based on Fallout. In other words, 'Those aren't super mutants! They're ultra aberrations.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Xaphod
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Xaphod »

well I doubt "super mutant" is copyright.. but if we can get away with it we'll call it fan-fiction :)

As for the plot, dialogue and general design let me reassure you:

The three project leaders: myself, Big_Hair and Zenorf are all graduates of Teesside university. I studied computer modelling, animation, etc, and Big and Zen studied advanced games design :)
All three of us did modules on Narrative structure.

Hope that reassures you :)
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

The thing that could reassure me the most would be if you said you actually have time to work on it.

Most of the fan art projects die because of lack of time.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Well, the dark caves are proabably already covered in NWN so they could recycle that I guess, and well, I never played NWN, but I hope there are desert and dried up plains in there for them to use... At least it'll save them that part.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Never liked Morrowind, I'll look out for a post-apoc module for NWN though.
Red

Post by Red »

Oops, looka dat topic, it's Morrowind, not NWN... Oh well, same goes for Morrowind...
MF
Respected
Respected

Post by MF »

Red wrote:Well, the dark caves are proabably already covered in NWN so they could recycle that I guess, and well, I never played NWN, but I hope there are desert and dried up plains in there for them to use... At least it'll save them that part.
WTF. NWN != Morrowind.

Morrowind is a better game by far.

And there are no 'desert' landscapes in Morrowind. there is your typical fantasy 'blight-esque' scenery, and rocky desert-like stuff, but no real sand wasteland. There are caves, though ;).
Jack_Deth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Jack_Deth »

I played NWN and Morrowind and I must say that Morrowind is the far superior game. NWN had great sales but I think 75% of the people that bought it are disappointed.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

I think NWN is the better game by far. Morrowind just didn't work, it was very badly done in more ways than one. I really didn't enjoy it. But when I played NWN, it was the most fun I've had since Fallout.

Post by Guest »

Ive beaten NWN, and I have played morrowind until I got bored of it, however. The reason that I got bored of it was because of the setting, it was getting old. But I think that at the least morrwind is on par with NWN, simply because of the fact that morrowind is the closest thing to a real persistant world game on the market today, singleplayer or otherwise.

Quoted:
"And there are no 'desert' landscapes in Morrowind. there is your typical fantasy 'blight-esque' scenery, and rocky desert-like stuff, but no real sand wasteland. There are caves, though"

actually, there is no real 'landscape' at all in morrowind. The environments are simply the textures of the ground, coupled with placeable objects to give it flavor. The wasteland of fallout could be created quite easily with a simple sand texture and a few desert weeds here and there.
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

Morrowind is a much more accomplished RPG than NWN. It feels much more like a game world than a "bunch of dungeons" filled with crates, barrels and chests.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Morrowind was very badly done. Combat was the worst, it was just a matter of which one was able to click the button the most times in a short amount of time where NWN had some depth to the fighting and you could use a number of tactics, sneak attacks, coup de grace. Morrowind was not ready to be brought out, it was missing way too many things. If they had spent more time on it, then it might have actually been a good game.
Xaphod
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Xaphod »

NWN never appealed to me for the same reason that Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 didn't.. I really dislike D&D - the system, the setting, everything. While Morrowind's setting is similar it's much more similar to LOTR in that there's a defined history and solidly written backstory behind everything, something that only Planescape:Torment seems to have in the D&D system.
Our Host!