Arcania : Gothic 4

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Tofu Man wrote: Anyways P:T, HL and Fo not getting full marks is kind of harsh.
Fallout was the only game I remember getting full marks, but it didn't appeal to me at the time; that early in my life I'd never heard of a roleplaying game, and mainly played flight sims/space combat sims/mech piloting games and the occasional shooter alongside Command and Conquer. One day my father comes home with a copy of Fallout and goes, "I think you need to play this." I found it passing strange because he always claimed new videogames were unaffordable. He said it in the same tone of voice as when he rented a copy of Heavy Metal and told me I needed to watch it - almost seemed like he thought my cultural development depended on it. He was right.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I can't say anything else than that you have a really, really cool dad.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Kashluk wrote:I can't say anything else than that you have a really, really cool dad.
And it's funny how "just a game" can have that effect on people. Fo2 had a pretty big impact on my "cultural development", as you put it. Curiously, it was also a gift and a game I wouldn't have bought myself otherwise.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Tofu Man wrote:
Kashluk wrote:I can't say anything else than that you have a really, really cool dad.
And it's funny how "just a game" can have that effect on people. Fo2 had a pretty big impact on my "cultural development", as you put it. Curiously, it was also a gift and a game I wouldn't have bought myself otherwise.
Same thing here. My uncle bought a big bundle of games back in Moscow and gave them as an xmas present to me back in the late 90's. I think they were bootleg-copies, but anyhow :dance:
Our Host!