Wall Street 2: Oliver Never Sleeps

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.

Do you think Shia Laboof can potentially be a good actor?

yes
27%
no
73%

Total votes: 11

POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Wall Street 2: Oliver Never Sleeps

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Alright so it's a sequel to the 1988 movie called Wall Street which was pretty good and I usually watch it on TV every once in awhile. I'm going to assume that all of you have seen the original and basically the sequel starts off with Micheal Douglas getting out of prison and then another 7 years goes by and its like 2008 and the stock market is crashing.

The movie plot wise is really pretty good if not a bit too big to handle. It has a lot of themes going on and they are all pretty good but in effect Douglas doesn't get as much screen time as you would think and he is basically a side character. The idea of including the 2008 stock market crash is pretty cool and I liked it but you can tell Oliver Stone has been trying to make something with good timing but not really hitting the mark like with that WTC movie and the Bush movie.

Either way it has a lot of good acting and stuff in it besides Shia Labroof and that girl friend of his in it. My dad said the same thing and he also said the girl has wider shoulders than Shia and I mentally logged that in my brain so I could say it here and get some laughs.

Either way if you liked Wall Street I think you will like this movie. Also Micheal Douglas was complaining about a sore throat for awhile and no one did anything and now he has stage 4 throat cancer.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Being as that the whole marketing campaign [or what little I saw] shoved Douglas down your throat, you'd think that he would be a central character, having been pretty damn important in the first one and the only actual connection back to it otherwise.

Regardless, I'll see it when I don't have to pay for it :salute:
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Sounds like shit. Good review anyway poops.
Cow Cud is a twin.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I would have liked to see more of Douglas character but I think they have some pretty big balls for not using him to the full extent they could have for the sake of just having him in. They kind of held to the story they wanted to tell and didn't sacrifice to the idea of getting the best bang for your buck.

Kind of the opposite of having someone like Tom Cruise then feeling like he has to be in every shot even though he doesn't really need to be.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

This sounds like the worst movie since Ballistic : Ecks vs Sever.
Aneurysm
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Aneurysm »

Shitty ending.
:dead: In remembrance of Porcu :dead:
Our Host!