Fallout:New Vegas...The Television Commercial

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Username wrote:Ah so you nuke vegas at the end?
Nein! They just brought back C4 + det from the old games.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Cakester
They call me Bum Tickler

Post by Cakester »

Manoil wrote:Wasn't any funnier in the other thread you posted that in
whoa bro, no need to get all serious. the point is to face the fears, and so i delivered all our fears.
I been K-lined, G-lined, and Kalvin Klein'd. Nevermind , my kicks, temp bans, perma bans and accusations that i use contraband. i am a hardcore troller, from when i get out of bed, till i fall asleep contemplating the new trolls that lay ahead. 24/7 the net is active, gotta preemptive or be two two puh packive
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Yup kickstand, let's take a step back and see the game first.

But if I end up buying this and In game I end up being more or less forced to nuke Vegas, as the video suggests and as I'm doing in Megaton and in Fallout 1 then I'm going to take a shit over the game, repack and mail it to Bethesda/Obsidian studios, literally.
Cakester
They call me Bum Tickler

Post by Cakester »

dude your grammar is atrocious. i can't tell if you are going to take a shit at the same time you mail yourself to bethesda/obsidian. it doesn't make sense. use bigger words or smaller words ok?
I been K-lined, G-lined, and Kalvin Klein'd. Nevermind , my kicks, temp bans, perma bans and accusations that i use contraband. i am a hardcore troller, from when i get out of bed, till i fall asleep contemplating the new trolls that lay ahead. 24/7 the net is active, gotta preemptive or be two two puh packive
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Cakester wrote:dude your grammar is atrocious. i can't tell if you are going to take a shit at the same time you mail yourself to bethesda/obsidian. it doesn't make sense. use bigger words or smaller words ok?
What is it about Usernames sentence you didn't undertand?. He made perfect sense.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

He's decided to try to troll us after he completely failed in his posts, points and overall integration into the community. Junktown nr 2. Less rape, more fail.
Cakester
They call me Bum Tickler

Post by Cakester »

Yonmanc wrote:
Cakester wrote:dude your grammar is atrocious. i can't tell if you are going to take a shit at the same time you mail yourself to bethesda/obsidian. it doesn't make sense. use bigger words or smaller words ok?
What is it about Usernames sentence you didn't undertand?. He made perfect sense.
there is a fine line in making sense and being grammatically correct. the fail is on your end. you were too receptive.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Havn't you got a 3D seizure to go make somewhere?
Cakester
They call me Bum Tickler

Post by Cakester »

Yonmanc wrote:Havn't you got a 3D seizure to go make somewhere?
btw people who deal with perfects aren't sensible, ergo not worthy enough for me to cater to their need.sss
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

No seriously, your Unity 3D project was AMAZING. You should probably head on over to activision with a resume. You'll take the industry by storm. I can't wait to play "Purple spotted thing with disjointed out of proportion body parts"!
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Warbirds and Amorphous UFC in the forest creek, yo
Kickstand27
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Kickstand27 »

typos are bound to happen. fuck it
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I guess the commercial looks okay. I rarely see many game commercials on TV though unless its a really big one.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

I haven't really watched enough TV to remember the show I've enjoyed, let alone a game commercial. I basically watch TV when I'm at my folks, but they're dropping cable TV soon. They said they're going to save money using Apple TV.

I told them there's this thing called the internet and that they don't really have to pay for TV, but they won't listen. :chainsaw:
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

Doc Hill wrote:lets throw down
Jesus fucking Christ. Your title might be Overopinionated, but it should be "Angry Illiterate Penis". You can read whatever you want into what I posted, and I'm sure you're quite impressed with how well marketed-to you are. Give yourself a hand, you fucking child. I didn't say anything about your fucking opinion, I simply stated that in my opinion, based on what I've read and heard directly from the shit company making this shit game, that it's the same pile of dogshit that Fallout 3 was with some fucking remedial features added.

You can put as much chocolate syrup and sprinkles on your dogshit as you'd like, it's still fucking dogshit. Insisting that I try a big fucking bite with you because you are fucking stupid is goddamn egregious.

Cheers to Retlaw though, it's good to see that you're still confusing pandering to the lowest common denominator with producing something of such low quality that even your proponents offer many distinct criticisms (such as Doc Hill's). When you get that sorted out, perhaps you could drop me a line from fucking xbox live or itunes or mcdonalds or whatever the fuck "commercially viable" piece of shit you're currently enjoying the tits off of.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Let the douchiness flow like tears in the rain
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Personally I hope New Vegas will be good. I just grave grave doubts. Still, I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy it when it's a bit cheaper.

As for Pop's rant about commercially successful products? Some products are commercially successful becase they're actually good. Fallout 3 wasn't one of those cases but so what?

Batman Arkham Asylum was successful AND great. The Judge Dredd comic book franchise, of which I'm a big fan, is not only good but also doing well sales/money wise. As for music, look at bands like Metallica and Black Sabbath, both huge successes that have produced great music.

New Vegas might be a good game. It also might stink. But that's capitalism. Fallout 3 obviously gave it's new audience what it wanted. Did it stink? Fuck yeah that game was shit, but it appealed to enough people to become a success. Now to keep a product alive it has to be constantly fine tuned and improved, and so this time Bethesda has hired a team with a good reputation, particularly experienced in the Fallout franchise, in order to not only continue their line of products to improve on them.

Simply shouting AGH BETHESDA ARE BAD SO NOT JUDGING A GAME BEFORE PLAYING MEANS YOU'E A CORPORATE SELLOUT is just silly.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

popscythe wrote: Cheers to Retlaw though, it's good to see that you're still confusing pandering to the lowest common denominator with producing something of such low quality that even your proponents offer many distinct criticisms (such as Doc Hill's). When you get that sorted out, perhaps you could drop me a line from fucking xbox live or itunes or mcdonalds or whatever the fuck "commercially viable" piece of shit you're currently enjoying the tits off of.
So are you a trust fund baby who doesn't work for a living, or a pothead on government assistance with undeserved arrogance? People who work for a living don't have this kind of attitude.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Well he's from Oregon, for starters. If the people from California I've met are any indication, there's something in the water out west that just makes people weird.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Oregon is California's Canada, it makes sense.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Our Host!