2000-2010

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Username wrote:When they install the great firewall of Ch...Australia as they have been planning I'm sure you'll have some trouble ;)
That made me chuckle, thanks.

But yeah it really is ridiculous that they make laws assuming that everyone under the age of 45 is a psycho murdering pedophile when it comes to games but meh, that doesn't bother a 24 year old Stalagmite as much as it would a 12 year old Stalagmite.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Hehe. Oh well I do hope you solve it soon. The internet is a great gift to humanity and these bastards around the world are destroying it.

One day it may be to late and people will just think its normal that you only have a few hundred websites to choose from and pay not for bandwith but for the amount of websites you can visit.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

SenisterDenister wrote:It will forever be known as the decade the internet ran free, like a digital wild west.
I think this post summed it up nicely. All good things come to an end in time. I remember lurking here a few years back, it's quite a bit different now than it was back then.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

On almost completely unrelated news, not only did the right wing win the swedish elections, but the pirates even failed to get 1%. I oficially hate Sweden (again).

As for Australia, bunch of nice blokes and ever nicer blokettes but much like the US, everyone in power seems kinda wacko. One thing's for sure, say all you want but at least they still have a bloody sense of humour.
Last edited by Tofu Man on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

What a sad defeatist position.
The power is in your hands the only problem is you do not realize it.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Tofu Man wrote:On almost completely unrelated news, not only did the right wing win the swedish elections, but the pirates even failed to get 1%. I oficially hate Sweden (again).

Well the pirates failed in their campagning and the media isolated them.
If it were not for this block-party system we would have had FRA voted down, I'm sure of it. Alexander Bard in Folkpartiet said the main reason they lost the young vote was due to FRA.

Both the Left Party and the enviromentalist but also the Pirate Party were stronger among the young and they all also opposed FRA. Even SD is against it.

The next generation vote will bring change I hope. Hopefully the Pirates can broaden their political platform and win a decisive battle like they did in the European Elections.

Also the left oppositions leadership sucked honestly and it has just become three political parties, not a movement of the people as before. They will regroup and assure a strong victory next elections. Maybe even force an early election soon.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Username wrote:What a sad defeatist position.
The power is in your hands the only problem is you do not realize it.
More like the words of someone who gets quite bored when droning on about politics for more than a few minutes ahaHA.

anyway I take my stand saying that was a shit decade but I'm optimistic this one will be better, at least for me, not quite sure the earth in general. What can I say? I'm intrapersonal.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

There's tons of stuff you can do if you don't like politics but don't like the situation. V is a pretty kewl guy. And blowing stuff up is fun.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Username wrote:Well the pirates failed in their campagning and the media isolated them.
If it were not for this block-party system we would have had FRA voted down, I'm sure of it. Alexander Bard in Folkpartiet said the main reason they lost the young vote was due to FRA.

Both the Left Party and the enviromentalist but also the Pirate Party were stronger among the young and they all also opposed FRA. Even SD is against it.

The next generation vote will bring change I hope. Hopefully the Pirates can broaden their political platform and win a decisive battle like they did in the European Elections.

Also the left oppositions leadership sucked honestly and it has just become three political parties, not a movement of the people as before. They will regroup and assure a strong victory next elections. Maybe even force an early election soon.
That's a very optimistic stance on things and I do hope their growth goes undeterred (lord knows we need a couple more active PParties around), but what with the FRA, the sentencing of TPB, the bullshit with the Wikileaks founder, not to mention the whole european ACTA thing, you can't help but feel very disappointed with this last result.

But then, historically, economically trying times have always been kinder on right-winger parties than to those on the left. Hopefully we'll ride it out soon enough.
Stalagmite wrote:What can I say? I'm Australian.
Fixed.
"Oh, fuck politics, now let's get some shrimp on the barbie". :D
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

ACTA is busting my balls. Seriously pissed about that. And the fact their trying to pin that weak, "spinkiga" Wikileaks founder for raping 2 women?

They should go fuck themselves. Corruption on such high levels im thinking the CIA is involved.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

I'll leave the conspiracy to the conspirators, but truth be told, I've never seen rape accusations drop that fast. Testing the waters maybe? :?
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

hr hr hr....Any news on his location though? Is he still playing it cool? I hope he ain't dead or some shit.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Well, I haven't read anything new since the rape charges, so it would appear he's playing it cool.

But let's assume Assange is a dick, that he did rape those women, or that he ends up getting shot by some assassin with 3 names.
I think the public already has the notion that wiki-leaks is worth protecting, and that if the guy ever drops the ball, there'll be a long line of anon ready to pick it back up, however big a douche he turns out to be.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

hopefully. I do not know the structure. Usually stuff like this is run by a few people to keep it as safe as possible. Like the pirate bay. I hope you're right and I think you're right. And I don't think Assange is a rapist or dead. So I think we're pretty safe.
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

Tofu Man wrote:assassin with 3 names.
A device, to etch the events on our minds.

they all do, don't they? :eyebrow:
does this work
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Things sure just got really NMA in here.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Google.com -> Search -> Assange + Rape = 3 590 000 hits.

Mission Complete. Character killing at its finest.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Retlaw83 wrote:Things sure just got really NMA in here.
What do you mean by that? I've honestly never been there long enough to see what they're like beyond being furry douchebags.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

NMA has constant political discussions, though they tend to more elitist douchebaggery during them.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

They're also a lot bigger, while here its more of a discussion among friends instead of just forum members.
Our Host!