Chris Avellone gets perky

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Kreegle
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Chris Avellone gets perky

Post by Kreegle »

<strong>[ -> N/A]</strong>

The one, the only - <b>Chris Avellone</b> - has made a post on the <a href="http://feedback.blackisle.com/forums/sh ... adid=51491" target="_blank">BlackIsle Forums</a> asking about what perks you dig / dislike. Curious fellow, isn't he?<blockquote><em>What Perks in Fallout 1, 2, and FOT do you like?<br><br>What Perks do you hate?<br><br>What Perks do you think are underpowered, overrated, or utterly useless? <br><br>Same thing for Traits, if you feel the need.</em></blockquote>My personal favourite: Sniper! But that's not too original of me, is it? Anyway, quickly hop on over to <a href="http://feedback.blackisle.com/forums/sh ... adid=51491" target="_blank">Chris' thread</a> and share your thoughts. Big-ups to Vergilius for passing this one along!
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

HEY YOU DORKS! Dont u realise intergay r going 2 steal the good perks and shit? Fuck dude! Im pissed! I gotta run around in some shorts now and throw a ball at some muscly guys, l8r u geeks!
Last edited by Megatron on Sun Aug 18, 2002 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
:chew:

Post by Guest »

Steal? How can you steal something that's yours already? Are you implying they'll steal peoples' preferences or opinions or something?
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

Pyro doesn't know what he's implying... but it sounds like something a 'cool' (as far as internet geekdom goes) person would say :)

No offense Pyro, of course
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I said steal because fallout isn't the same game as lionheart. I meant they'd just transfer modified perks and end up with a game with a good special system. I'm just wondering why ask this now when lionheart is in production compared to say when fot was being made. It seems there stepping carefully with this one, asking the fo community what they liked about previous fallouts, unlike the mistake they made with fot?

Just a suggestion, sorry for being so 'cool'.
:chew:
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

Lionheart's perks system is pretty much already finished - they're late into the design phase now (polishing up the story / dialogue etc), from what I understand. The design process of the "core" system is kinda done now, I think.

Besides, what fans of a sci-fi / post-apocalypse game say won't really have too much of an effect on a fantasy game... it might give them (Reflexive) a few hints here and there... as long as they don't mention anything about guns.

Which rules the most popular perks out.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Kreegle wrote:Besides, what fans of a sci-fi / post-apocalypse game say won't really have too much of an effect on a fantasy game... it might give them (Reflexive) a few hints here and there... as long as they don't mention anything about guns.

Which rules the most popular perks out.

Many of the perks that relate to guns could be modified to fit bows and crossbows.

Sniper, Sharpshooter, Bonus ranged damage, Bonus rate of fire and all of those could be modified.

Sharpshooter can still grant you +2 PE and Sniper will still give you more criticals.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

I just hope they don't get rid of Awareness. Is there anyone who doesn't use this perk?
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Spazmo wrote:I just hope they don't get rid of Awareness. Is there anyone who doesn't use this perk?
I've played my fair share of FO games...well, actually I've played more than my fair share, but anyway...and I think I've only had two characters that didn't take Awareness at 3rd level. I love that perk!

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Spazmo wrote:I just hope they don't get rid of Awareness. Is there anyone who doesn't use this perk?
I don't. It really makes it a bit more fun like that.
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

I don't think I've ever used it in an actual game..
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

I'm pretty sure the only time I never used it was my first FO1 playthrough. It's just so damn useful when you consider the requirements (level 3 and PE 6).

RPG Codex
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

I go with Swift Learner instead of Awareness.
------------------
Bulldog
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bulldog »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:I go with Swift Learner instead of Awareness.
yeah you would

lol

Doesn't that end up not being a big help or that some other perk I'm thinking of.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Can't remember the name of it at the moment, but it's the one that gives you a bonus for reading books. Doesn't really help after a while. Swift Learner gives a cumulative 5%.
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

Comprehension is the book one that nobody likes.

RPG Codex
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Bulldog wrote:Doesn't that end up not being a big help or that some other perk I'm thinking of.
It gives you 5% more experience per level of the perk, so it works throughout the game. That is to say, every time you get experience, you get 5% more than people who didn't take the perk.
Spazmo wrote:Comprehension is the book one that nobody likes.
Comprehension just isn't that useful because there's a limit on how much you can get from books. After a certain amount of book reading, it becomes useless, like Rosh said.
------------------
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

Yeah Swift Learner is great.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Swift lerner is mostly futile... Just kill a few extra encounters instead...
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

What if you're not very good at killing, and need all the XP you can get from the rare kills you do make?
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Our Host!