international fenno-lutheran film week 26.6-3.2.6/7/8/olden

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

international fenno-lutheran film week 26.6-3.2.6/7/8/olden

Post by Gimp Mask »

hey guys i dont know if kashluk has done this twice already but here are some finnish films worth a watch, should be easy to find torrents as well, i don't know about subtitles though sorry maybe try subsearch.org or whatev

reindeerspotting - escape from santaland

this is a dockumentary about this junkie boi from nothern finland who does all kinds of funny stuff like subutex and beer and then steals some monies and goes on a "trip" (pun intended heh heh)

here he is last summer:

here he is this summer:

sauna
a finnish horror movie, not very scary or not very anything really but pretty atmospheric and some good camerawork i guess maybe i didnt even see it but maybe i did heh heh

the man without a past
this is a movie about a guy who gets mugged and loses his memory and starts living on the ruff streets of finland, it portrays the barren emotional landscape of a finnish man and the grim reality of the whatever i cant be bothered to write here's a pic

kaurismäki has other good movies as well maybe if you're into that sort of thing or not your call buddy

the idle ones
another documentary about some finnish small town rednex ryding around with their shitty ricer cars doing whatewver, basically about how great it's to live in a small aging rural village with high unemployment rate when there's absolutely fuck all to do

matti
a "based on a tru story" film about the greatest ski jumper 4ever, he won a billion medals in the olympics but then decided that binge drinking and stabbing your wife are more useful activities. tragicomic or something

and that's probably it :salute:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I've probably promoted Sauna and Man Without A Past in the past (no pun intended, omg lol), but not too much, I think? I've seen all of those movies except for 'The Idle Ones' and can whole-heartedly recommend them all. Especially Reindeer Spotting, it's a really good film.
Our Host!