The American

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.

What movie would you see?

The american
33%
machete
67%

Total votes: 6

POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

The American

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Look, its a movie with George Clooney and he is a hitman hanging low in a town and then he has sex with this girl. The critics all said it was horribly slow but I took a chance anyways and saw it and they were right it was pretty slow but not necessarily bad just not a whole lot happening and the stuff that does happen isn't really that great? Of the very minor action happening it was well done but we are talking like 5-10 minutes out of a 2 hour movie.

I would have seen Machete but it was player like 50 minutes later and I didn't really want to wait. It's really hard to judge a movie by what the critics say but perhaps I will give them more weight next time.

I don't really know whether many of you will like the movie but Wolfman Walt like it and said it was good.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I enjoyed it, but will say that I was expecting something dramatically different. The ads made it seem more of a James Bondish sort of movie when, infact, it was slow and didn't contain all that much dialogue. I felt the movie was more of a character study on a criminal who could trust no one. Often these sorts of characters are shown living lavish lives, afraid of nothing. Clooney's character served to be more of a reality in that he is alone, unable to trust anyone. Someone so good at his job, that he has given up everything he has in life. Most people who see someone like Jason Bourne just see the parts where he's an utter badass. They don't understand the other 99% of his life.

I dunno, I enjoyed it. Then again, I enjoy Rashomon abunch, so I might just have a penchant for slow movies.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I guess if you put it like that then I can respect it better. Also I forgot to mention that the girl in it was pretty hot I would feed her some KFC.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:forgot to mention that the girl in it was pretty hot I would feed her some KFC.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Machete was fucking awesome. No other words can describe it properly. Its a must see.

Cool review though, I was iffy on seeing it - so now I probably won't since tickets are like 10 bucks around my university.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

SenisterDenister wrote:Machete was fucking awesome. No other words can describe it properly. Its a must see.
I might just take your word for it. I know i enjoyed Desperado and El Mariachi enough, though I got a sneaking suspicion I'll rue it for not having bartender-never-gets-killed-man, my-tooth-is-desperately-trying-to-escape-my-mouth-dude, and I'm-just-a-silly-hot-librarian-in-a-shithole-town-in-mexico-babe.
SenisterDenister

Its a movie I've quickly figured out you're either going to love it or hate it, with no feelings in between, with other people I've talked to about it.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

SenisterDenister wrote:Its a movie I've quickly figured out you're either going to love it or hate it, with no feelings in between, with other people I've talked to about it.
I have feelings in between.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
SenisterDenister

I stand corrected.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

The Doctor is <deleted> wrote:feelings
You may want to consult a doctor about that. Due to observer prejudice, self diagnosis is often unreliable. Objectivity is illusive. Ehue. :drunk:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

SenisterDenister wrote:Machete was fucking awesome. No other words can describe it properly. Its a must see.

Cool review though, I was iffy on seeing it - so now I probably won't since tickets are like 10 bucks around my university.
I thought Machete was a bit of a let down since it had really awesome people in the movie but the movie just didn't stand up. Like a lot of the scenes weren't that funny and most of the kill scenes were pretty mediocre. I definitely thought there would be lots more limbs and stuff flying around but it was mostly just quick moments that machete cuts a dude up but you don't see effects. Action was also pretty mediocre. All the acting and stuff from everyone in it was good though and it's nice seeing Steven Seagal and Don Johnson. I was expecting a lot more from the movie after seeing the good reviews for it but it wasn't bad just a lot of wasted potential.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Who cares about this shit. When are you going to review the Uwe Boll Auschwitz flick? I hear its going to be better than BloodRayne II: Deliverance! OMG!
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Gonna go with Walt on this one. Great film, very subtle. You really get inside the character's head. Well done shit, ya'lls.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Our Host!