The Firearms Thread.

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

No. Glad you are enjoying it though.
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

Retlaw83 wrote:that's why it said in the Constitution we have the right to bear arms to fight government tyranny

Yeah, but the second amendment must mean only muskets right? :blahblah:
Junktown Commando
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Junktown Commando »

Stalagmite wrote:
Junktown Commando wrote:Planning, hoping, awaiting the storm so we can rule over those who stuck their heads in the sand and said “It’ll never happen!�
I was under the impression that most Americans had their heads stuck up their asses, not in sand, but best of luck anyway.
As I am neither, I am preparing. (There’s actually a song about it, Schism by Tool).
rad resistance wrote:You can't defeat the mindset of a population or change thousands of years of a feudal system that has held Afghanistan together or in the dark ages. These men in Afghanistan have been fighting well before most of these soldiers were born. Afghan rebels will continue to fight until they defeat or force the withdrawal of yet another invasion force into the mighty Afghan.
Or perhaps not. Those same people remember what life was like under the Taliban, and 905 want nothing to do with it. The rest are in no condition to say no- Most of these are of a class that even the Taliban doesn’t want (mostly medically unfit to even run a mile, let alone fight and run for a mile).
fallout ranger wrote:Machines break down, run out of fuel, get stuck in sand, the most effective weapon on the battlefield is soldiers with small arms, that's why infantry has and always will exist.
Yes, but all those other things help. I happen to be watching “Weaponizers� on the Militry Chanel right now, and they use basically used vehicles to build pretty nasty war wags.
As to fuel, “The Colony� on Discovery address this a couple different ways, and new fuel sources threaten even the dictatorship of oil (hint hint President Richardson).
Wolfman Walt wrote:
the U.S. didn't lose a single engagement in Vietnam
That, my friend, is grade A bullshit that was popularized by individuals such as Col. David Hackworth. The US lost multiple engagements in Vietnam, such as the attack on Hill 875 and the Battle of Lang Vei.
Militrily, the US did win the overwhelming majority of engagements, most especially the biggest ones. The Tet Offensive, which was the beginning of the end in Viet Nam, was actually an abysmal defeat to the North Viet Namese. They won because we quite. Period. (Sounds familiar, somehow… Not sure why though…)
But back to the real topic, rather than drivel and bullshit.
fallout ranger wrote:Anyways...Anyone into black powder? Antique firearms?
If you consider bolt-action, lever-action, revolvers, or integrated magazines “antique� then yes. I’m not into black powder generally, since 99% of black powder weaps are harder to reload. But for short periods, I have heard that black powder can be used to reload spent shell casing (though any automatic weaps that are reloaded with black powder must be manually reloaded like a bolt-action until the black powder rounds are gone, then have to be cleaned so heavily that about half will be useless afterwards).the thing about black powder, unlike cordite, is that anyone can make it in their own home (the hard part is digging a latrine, then dealing with the smell later). During the American Civil War, the Confederates actually had part of a gunpowder factory right underneath a Union base- shortly after the loss of that facility (a saltpeter refinery) the Confederates militry situation began going badly quickly.
I Believe In “Peace Through Superior Firepower.�
Do you?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

fallout ranger wrote:Yeah, but the second amendment must mean only muskets right? :blahblah:
You are literally too stupid to be talked to.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Wolfman Walt wrote:The US lost multiple engagements in Vietnam, such as the attack on Hill 875 and the Battle of Lang Vei.
Hill 875 was an unsuccessful initial attack followed up by a successful attack; the entire operation would be classified a single engagement. First time of heard of Lang Vei, and you're right about that.

I change most stance to the U.S. military won a vast majority of the engagements in Vietnam.
- the Vault Dweller
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Pretty sure Ranger was being sarcastic, man.
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

Retlaw83 wrote:
fallout ranger wrote:Yeah, but the second amendment must mean only muskets right? :blahblah:
You are literally too stupid to be talked to.

What an eloquent, stinging, well put-together argument :dance:
does this work
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

fallout ranger wrote:What an eloquent, stinging, well put-together argument :dance:
Since my argument isn't that Americans should only be allowed to own muskets, there's really no argument other than you're too stupid to have an argument.
- the Vault Dweller
SenisterDenister

I know I've only been here three years, but is civil discussion too much to ask for?
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

Retlaw83 wrote:
fallout ranger wrote:What an eloquent, stinging, well put-together argument :dance:
Since my argument isn't that Americans should only be allowed to own muskets, there's really no argument other than you're too stupid to have an argument.

Wow, you can't pick up sarcasm very well can you.

Nice logic too.
Junktown Commando
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

SenisterDenister wrote:I know I've only been here three years, but is civil discussion too much to ask for?
There’s ALWAYS some people like that. (I should know, I’m usually “that guy.�)
Another nice one is the Police ITHACA. There’s this switch near the stock that when activated will allow the shotgun to fire every time the slide is operated… Not exactly “semi-auto� but it has the same effect.
Do you?
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

Junktown Commando wrote:...fire every time the slide is operated…
Sounds like the 1897 winchester, damn I'd like to have one.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

fallout ranger wrote:Wow, you can't pick up sarcasm very well can you.
I'm pretty good with sarcasm, I just have trouble seeing it in text when it's done by unfunny people who have never shown an inkling of wit.
- the Vault Dweller
Junktown Commando
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

fallout ranger wrote:Sounds like the 1897 winchester, damn I'd like to have one.
Well, they are both most certainly pump-actions. The automatic fire switch could be on both of them… :shrug:
Do you?
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Me in 1840 out hunting.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

SenisterDenister wrote:I know I've only been here three years, but is civil discussion too much to ask for?
SenisterDenister

Holy shit you're right.
:wheelie:
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

Retlaw83 wrote:
fallout ranger wrote:Wow, you can't pick up sarcasm very well can you.
I'm pretty good with sarcasm, I just have trouble seeing it in text when it's done by unfunny people who have never shown an inkling of wit.
Well...if you wanna laugh at someone...... :drunk: (literally drunk right now)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQN1u_aPgcM

SenisterDenister

Surely they don't want to get rid of all weaponry? If anything hunters need rifles and shotguns to cull herds to deal with overpopulation - or will PETA cry that they're killing innocent animals? Damn, the east coast just seems so much better than over there.
Junktown Commando
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Whoever created that poster probably should start by learning one god-damned thing about firearms. That was so much dis-informational drivelous BULLSHIT, I just don’t know where to start…

Disgusting.
Do you?
Our Host!