Duck and Cover Forum Index

Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 Quick questions on Fallout 1 and 2 View next topic
View previous topic
DistortedHumor
SDF!
SDF!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, I am a bit of a old school fallout player, never BEAT fallout 1 or 2, mostly since I am one of these RPG players that gets easily distracted. Anyways, Playing Fallout 3 (which is not a bad game, just not as good as fallout 1 and 2, kinda like meeting a good looking girl, then meeting her sisters who are just drop-dead gorgous) made me look around, and I found the pack of Fallout 1, 2 and tatics and picked it up (My orginial disks long since given up the goast)

However, is there anything specific for running these games on modern equipment (using Vista) and 2ndly, is there mods/bug fixes that one should look at.

I am looking forward to playing these after i finish up Fallout 3 due to the simple fact that I don't remember much of fallout 1 and 2, just remember that i died a lot in the Glow and fallout 2 starts with you being a tribal going though a rite of passage. icon_dance
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After your playthroughs of 1 and 2, be prepared to be underwhelmed by 3.

You can get a resolution mod for Fallout 2 at http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1295, which allows you to set Fallout 2 to whatever resolution you please; be warned, the overlay when you talk to people is only 800x600, so you'll see the game world around it when it comes up.

There is a small chance the resolution updater causes weird colors; in that case, try this fix. http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/8870-fallout-2-a.html#post109168
Blargh
‹berkommando
‹berkommando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Killap's restoration patch for Fallout 2 might be worth a look. It includes numerous bug fixes, a variety of resolution options, and restored content of varying quality. Amongst other things. Latest release is, I believe, 2.11. icon_drunk
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dominoey wrote:
Although I have not seen anything like it. But I like it.
icon_dance
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number

Jump to:  

View next topic
View previous topic