just me or new vegas looks like the same sh#t as fallout 3?.

Discuss Obsidian's Vegas Fallout game here. Also: Fallout 4, Fallout 76, Fallout Shelter and other new dairy products from Bethesda's farm that don't have separate forums here yet.
Seploud
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

just me or new vegas looks like the same sh#t as fallout 3?.

Post by Seploud »

New story, new characters, new map but the same damn engine. Oblivion with guns all over AGAIN.. I'm very disappointed... really... I was hoping for new models and stuff... but by looking at the screenshots and the model of the Doctor that helps the main character I find that everything looks like the wasteland from F3.....it feels like a expansion pack, not a new game.
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Hmm, they're getting more observent. Get the spray!
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Isn't their already a thread on this site addressing the issue?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Oblivion with guns was a design choice, and had nothing to do with the engine.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Retlaw83 wrote:Oblivion with guns was a design choice, and had nothing to do with the engine.
Quoted for emphasis.
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

Now I just want to clarify something although I may be a bit late on it. "Oblivion with Guns" doesn't really do Oblivion justice I think; I remember the press splooging all over the TREES MAN HOLY SHIT THEY ARE AMAZING. And by fuck even beth screwed that up, they took out the most compelling part of oblivion and made it fallout 3.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

FUCKING MAGNETS!
Taco-Hero
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Taco-Hero »

How do they work?
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

well ou ser they work on te privncple twat shaggy too dope couldenver nderstand and thats wak

fuck magnets etls build things made of ideas
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

Yonmanc wrote:well ou ser they work on te privncple twat shaggy too dope couldenver nderstand and thats wak

fuck magnets etls build things made of ideas
YES
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I had a brief email chat with Avellone, and he said he was both proud and excited for New Vegas. If you can't take his word for it, who can you?
Seploud
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Seploud »

My Problem is that all looks the same...but..well...maybe the story and the atmosphere are better.. or maybe not. I was hopping for a complete redesign of the wasteland and its inhabitants ( This is an spinoff alfter all).

People calls it oblivion with guns because everything is similar except the fact that they don't use swords as their main weapon... but the NPCs walk, act, and talk between them like in elder scrolls.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Let's go over this again, because you're obviously not big with reading comprehension. In Fallout 3, the NPCs acted the way they did because that's how Bethesda designed the game. While New Vegas uses the same engine, that does not mean that it will also be Oblivion guns because the designers have chosen to not make it Oblivion with guns.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

B-b-but, Bethesda made Oblivion, and that's an engine, and and and why does the dollar bill have the eye of horus? THE ILLUMINATI MADE OBVLIVION WITH GUNS SO THEY COULD MAKE VEGAS WITH GUNS BECASE THEY MADE AN ENGINE THAT RUNS A GAME CALLED OBLIVION AND ANOTHER CALLED FALLOUT :fallout: AND THEN THEY GIVE SOME OF THE GUYS GUNS SO OBVIOUSLY NEW VEGAS IS OBLIVION WITH GUNS.

Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I know I'm behind with posting it, but for what is already there, you should keep up with New Vegas' dev news/etc. The game's action/consequences/conversations, for the most part, seem far more complex than anything FO3 could ever produce.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Manoil wrote:I had a brief email chat with Avellone, and he said he was both proud and excited for New Vegas. If you can't take his word for it, who can you?
Come on, you didn't really expect him to say the contrary now, did you?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:
Manoil wrote:I had a brief email chat with Avellone, and he said he was both proud and excited for New Vegas. If you can't take his word for it, who can you?
Come on, you didn't really expect him to say the contrary now, did you?
True, but his wording didn't play out like he was sidestepping anything or dodging a direct answer. I'm pretty sure he's really excited, and if that's the case, I am too. He's been an integral part of the series; I would think that his disappointments (while not public) with FO3 would only drive him to redeem the franchise he helped create.
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Post by Doc Hill »

I've been following the news as it's leaked out, and so far it DOES look as if New Vegas is a deeper animal then Fo3. Same engine and it's shortcomings, but at least a more recognisable core.
Life is like cheap whiskey, it's mostly bad, and leaves a shitty taste in your mouth, but it's better then nothing.
LongNosePete
SDF!
SDF!

Post by LongNosePete »

Doc Hill wrote:I've been following the news as it's leaked out, and so far it DOES look as if New Vegas is a deeper animal then Fo3. Same engine and it's shortcomings, but at least a more recognisable core.
Really?

Because I think we've seen this core before.

Same old shit is the same old shit.
Rowsdower
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Rowsdower »

So what did you expect them to start completely from scratch?
Our Host!