Tutorial for making tiles in Fallout Tactics

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Kreegle
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Tutorial for making tiles in Fallout Tactics

Post by Kreegle »

<strong>[ -> N/A]</strong>

Super map-rat <b>Flamescreen</b> has put together a nice tutorial for all of you Fallout Tactics mapping / modding people out there - it shows you step-by-step how to <b>create your own tiles</b> for use in FOT! That Flamescreen... what a guy.<br><br>Check out the new tutorial <a href="/tactics/editor/tutorials/tilemaking.shtml" target="_blank">over here.</a> Cheers Flamescreen!
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Thanks, Kreegle. i didn't know if it qualified to be in the editors section, but thought I'd send it in order not to get lost.
Btw, tremendous job on beautyfication. It's a lot prettier than when I was writing it. :D
Also for anyone interested, I got to understand the bounding box details better since, so here's a little update:

Now the most difficult part: You have to make a proper bounding box for
the tile. Choose Rendering->Bounding Box from the menu. In the bounding box area
replace the 0(zero's) with 5. That should create a small bounding box surrounding your tile/ Close to your tile. To put your tile inside the box select the "picture" button under the Edit command and start moving it with the mouse cursor.
Once it is in, you can replace 5 with whatever number surrounds the tile
better. Use the zoom feature if you have to. Normally, you shouldn't have to put a number higher than 3(zoom levels) there.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

You can use the A,W,D and S keys to "fine tune" the bounding box as sometimes it can get a bit tedeous to center it properly with the mouse...
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Thanks Red. :idea:
I was looking for such functions...
Red

Post by Red »

You should read my revision history... I document all special features like that... And you have the revision histroy ever since my first release in the txt file with the app...
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Yes, sorry. I tend to neglect readme's-bas habbit.
In fact I have a record of your 15 last releases, I managed to file it in a way I can distinguish, so it should be easy, but usually I tend to preoccupy myself with many stuff simoultaneously, so...
Anyway, my loss, I tend to make it harder for me. Note to self: read readme's...
Our Host!