Video Interview with Tim Cain part 2

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Tofu Man wrote:As a curiosity, Kash, anyone in your family felt or saw anything when they detonated that 50Mton bomb ? Or is all the "breaking windows in Finland" thing just internet exaggeration?
Probably no one in my family even knows/knew it existed. Simple farmers all along, living quite a way from the border. The 'breaking windows' part is most likely exaggerated, but I could imagine that people up north actually saw some sort of a flash or something. But it was the 1960's, man, times were different. It's not like every reindeer cowboy had a twitter account and mobile internet back in the day to inform everyone of what they saw and Google about 'Soviet nuclear projects'.
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

'60's Duck And Cover

Post by 4too »

'60's Duck And Cover

Grew up near miliitary bases, water table too high, no way to dig deep enough, so not to worry, you'll be dead before you know it!

Recall doing the 'Duck And Cover' a few times, then it evoled into "Hurricane Drill".

Probably call it "Tornado Drill" in Kansas.

Teachers and kids, we all marched to the interior corridors where there were no out side windows.

Amazing practical adaptation.

4too
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Watching that made me depressed. For a variety of reasons. Wether it's remembering how great the originals are or the nasty foreshadowing that presently has us in such dire straights that 1998 looks like some sort of utopia; to which, I never cared for the Clinton administration. Yet and still, I'd take Fallout 2, for all it's Interplay meddling, 9 million times over what we got in Fallout 3.

Also - did anyone notice the interviewer standing infront of a copy of Temple of Elemental Evil? I miss Troika.
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

"that last comment made me sad"

and he was even sad too.. i saw a tear there..

he lost his baby to bigger people.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Kashluk wrote:Probably no one in my family even knows/knew it existed. Simple farmers all along, living quite a way from the border. The 'breaking windows' part is most likely exaggerated, but I could imagine that people up north actually saw some sort of a flash or something. But it was the 1960's, man, times were different. It's not like every reindeer cowboy had a twitter account and mobile internet back in the day to inform everyone of what they saw and Google about 'Soviet nuclear projects'.
Yeah, I gathered as much, was honestly kinda shooting in the dark, hoping you'd tell of some rural myth about "some population" of "some village" in Finland that saw this "amazing thing" then misteriously disappeared, safe for "this guy" who etc, etc....
You know, typical folklore that'd have been passed over generations.

Also
Kashluk wrote:...reindeer cowboy...
I can see the headlines...

JOHN WAYNE

IS

THE REINDEER COWBOY

*tumbleweed across the tundra*
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Tofu Man wrote:*tumbleweed across the tundra*
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

...And like a good northern european he goes and turns my spaghetti western into a Bergman flick... :D
Our Host!