Lake Isiah

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Taco-Hero
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Lake Isiah

Post by Taco-Hero »

Dust clouds formed over the horizon. From a dimly-lit shack it appeared that the coast was clear. I nervously walked from the entrance of the shack. I walked down the street, the sidewalk under my feet seemed to crack with every step. Unsure of the stability of the solid concrete beneath me I ventured out into the open street. My nerves began to twist as I entered out into the “open.� Where was this? I looked about, everything seemed clear but I wasn't sure, yet I resumed forward.

The road seemed endless. The buildings began to slowly melt into another. All the same hue. As I walked two birds circulated around my head. They lazily swooped down onto the branch of this dying tree which protruded from the side of one of the buildings. “Hey Jim!� The birds began yelling at me, big black birds.

“Jim!� Actually it was only one of them that seemed to call my name. The bird cawed my name again, I didn't respond.

“Don't go hurting yourself?� They flapped their wings and disappeared behind the buildings.

I continued walking. I don't remember what exactly what I was thinking of at the time. Every minute seemed to fall right off the clock. The sun scorched my back and neck. I looked for shade to rest but there were only scarce shreds.

I made it out to the park. The grass was perfectly green and wet. The sky suddenly turned white. I raced down the hill. I stopped at the lake which broke into the sidewalk. In the corner of my eye I saw the familiar two birds settled on a tree. Maybe ready for me to slip in. There were a couple of pebbles on the edge of the lake. I picked them up, ready to skip them but then I decided not to. Instead I dropped one of them into the water, making a little PLOP! I looked in, my reflection became distorted by the ripples.

Suddenly, I felt a slight uneasiness. Voices began to fade in and out. Lights outside began to blink on and off. My stomach churned, I still felt that queasiness from before. I stood up. The lake was gone. I turned around and I went back home.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Needs more Stephanie.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Taco-Hero
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Taco-Hero »

I'm thinking about writing another thing with him in it fighting more giant ants and badly-written villains but I'm getting pretty lazy about it.
Our Host!