Noah's Ark

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
ekkaman
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Noah's Ark

Post by ekkaman »

Anyone seen the articals about this? Looks more like a building or mine. I didn't see one bulkhead shown in any video i have seen, I would expect to see one as boats need them to brace against the water pressure, but eh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjpeQU7GIZc
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Wow. Shit. That's pretty heavy D:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Snake's ass is a Noah's ark for STD's.
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

if i were in charge of evolution, i'd wipe out anybody over the age of 10 fucking dumb enough to believe that a goddamned story about a ship carrying 2 of every animal could in any possible way be true.

grown adults have no business believing in stupid shit like this. it's embarrassing.
Cimmerian Nights wrote:Todd Howard: making RPGs for people who hate RPGs.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

http://michaelsheiser.com/PaleoBabble/ wrote: I was the archaeologist with the Chinese expedition in the summer of 2008 and was given photos of what they now are reporting to be the inside of the Ark. I and my partners invested $100,000 in this expedition (described below) which they have retained, despite their promise and our requests to return it, since it was not used for the expedition. The information given below is my opinion based on what I have seen and heard (from others who claim to have been eyewitnesses or know the exact details).

To make a long story short: this is all reported to be a fake. The photos were reputed to have been taken off site near the Black Sea, but the film footage the Chinese now have was shot on location on Mt. Ararat. In the late summer of 2008 ten Kurdish workers hired by Parasut, the guide used by the Chinese, are said to have planted large wood beams taken from an old structure in the Black Sea area (where the photos were originally taken) at the Mt. Ararat site. In the winter of 2008 a Chinese climber taken by Parasut’s men to the site saw the wood, but couldn’t get inside because of the severe weather conditions. During the summer of 2009 more wood was planted inside a cave at the site. The Chinese team went in the late summer of 2009 (I was there at the time and knew about the hoax) and was shown the cave with the wood and made their film. As I said, I have the photos of the inside of the so-called Ark (that show cobwebs in the corners of rafters – something just not possible in these conditions) and our Kurdish partner in Dogubabyazit (the village at the foot of Mt. Ararat) has all of the facts about the location, the men who planted the wood, and even the truck that transported it."
—J. Randall Price, PaleoBabble
Kickstand27
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Kickstand27 »

ya, they found noahs ark supposedly like 10 years ago or something in the himilayas or some crap..

i be they find it again next year sunken at the bottom of atlantis
typos are bound to happen. fuck it
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

on mount ararat D;
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

S4ur0n27 wrote:on mount ararat D;
The only thing that would make your avatar scarier for me would be if you had the still of his eyes turning into those red daggers.

Gave me nightmares as a kid.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

'It's not 100 per cent that it is Noah's Ark, but we think it is 99.9 per cent that this is it'
deffo in the top 10 quotes of the year
jesus+science+math=noahs ark+kashluk=100 percent
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

cazsim83 wrote:
S4ur0n27 wrote:on mount ararat D;
The only thing that would make your avatar scarier for me would be if you had the still of his eyes turning into those red daggers.

Gave me nightmares as a kid.
like this?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Gimp Mask wrote:
'It's not 100 per cent that it is Noah's Ark, but we think it is 99.9 per cent that this is it'
deffo in the top 10 quotes of the year
jesus+science+math=noahs ark+kashluk=100 percent
D:
Zeba the Lie
Respected
Respected

Post by Zeba the Lie »

TwinkieGorilla wrote:if i were in charge of evolution, i'd wipe out anybody over the age of 10 fucking dumb enough to believe that a goddamned story about a ship carrying 2 of every animal could in any possible way be true.

grown adults have no business believing in stupid shit like this. it's embarrassing.
Its also embarassing to believe that people of any sort coul dbuild those giant pyramids, or in less than 100 years, go from riding horses and farming crops, to working on computers, driving fords and chevys, and making small digital devices that can hold more information than an entire library!!!

Who would ever believe something stupid like that?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Butthurt?
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

WHY DID I NOT SEE IT BEFORE !?

Post by Blargh »

INTERNET IS PROOF OF <MAGICALVOYEURISTICSKYBEARD> ! :aiee:

:drunk:
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Zeba the Lie wrote:
TwinkieGorilla wrote:if i were in charge of evolution, i'd wipe out anybody over the age of 10 fucking dumb enough to believe that a goddamned story about a ship carrying 2 of every animal could in any possible way be true.

Its also embarassing to believe that people of any sort coul dbuild those giant pyramids, or in less than 100 years, go from riding horses and farming crops, to working on computers, driving fords and chevys, and making small digital devices that can hold more information than an entire library!!!

No it isn't. The pyramids had thousands of people working on them. Computer science made evolutionary leaps and bounds due to the fact we had 2 world wars in one decade and the need for superior technology meant billions of dollars went into the science industries. As for the little gadgets we have now? Not that impressive really. Other than being able to fit more and more information onto smaller devices, the only advancements that have been made was making the mobile phone compatible with cameras and and the internet. These aren't great scientific breakthroughs, the techology has existed for a long time, however, the market for these tools wasn't strong enough for commercial success back then as it is now. To be honest, from a commercial stand-point, technology has been refined, but nothing that fascinating besides the creation of the computer has come along, just advancement's in it's uses. As for most of this happening within the hundred year mark? Again, not fascinating or unbeleivable really. The 1800's saw rapid advancments in inudustrial technology. From the beginning industry was a spinning loom in a cottage, by the end of the 1800's, Britain and America where dotted with gigantic new cities.

what also makes these things more beleivable, is that they were always physically possile. It was never a matter of "is this possible" it was "give us some fucking money and we'll change the world".

You are saying that "2 of every animal" (by the way, there's 90 million KNOWN species in the world, so for them to survive, that's 180 million animals on one boat. Unless most of these species are new, in which case, close the bible and praise evolution) is jus as absurd as refining computer technology to make it available for the mass market in oder to make huge profits in whih to continue in deeloping technology to keep the ycle going?

I'm guessing, that (assuming you are no longer in school), you were never the teachers smartest student. Did they put you in the room with the paste eaters?
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Yonmanc wrote:
Zeba the Lie wrote:

No it isn't. The pyramids had thousands of people working on them. Computer science made evolutionary leaps and bounds due to the fact we had 2 world wars in one decade and the need for superior technology meant billions of dollars went into the science industries. As for the little gadgets we have now? Not that impressive really. Other than being able to fit more and more information onto smaller devices, the only advancements that have been made was making the mobile phone compatible with cameras and and the internet. These aren't great scientific breakthroughs, the techology has existed for a long time, however, the market for these tools wasn't strong enough for commercial success back then as it is now. To be honest, from a commercial stand-point, technology has been refined, but nothing that fascinating besides the creation of the computer has come along, just advancement's in it's uses. As for most of this happening within the hundred year mark? Again, not fascinating or unbeleivable really. The 1800's saw rapid advancments in inudustrial technology. From the beginning industry was a spinning loom in a cottage, by the end of the 1800's, Britain and America where dotted with gigantic new cities.

what also makes these things more beleivable, is that they were always physically possile. It was never a matter of "is this possible" it was "give us some fucking money and we'll change the world".

You are saying that "2 of every animal" (by the way, there's 90 million KNOWN species in the world, so for them to survive, that's 180 million animals on one boat. Unless most of these species are new, in which case, close the bible and praise evolution) is jus as absurd as refining computer technology to make it available for the mass market in oder to make huge profits in whih to continue in deeloping technology to keep the ycle going?

I'm guessing, that (assuming you are no longer in school), you were never the teachers smartest student. Did they put you in the room with the paste eaters?
Fuck this shit. I shouldn't have to deal with bitchass dickheads like you guys. I ain't doin this shit no more. You got beef, you can come to my front door. By all means, I ask you to. Because the second you see the door open you can be sure I won't stop ripping and tearing away at your flesh till you're nothing but a bloody pile of mush and broken bones in my driveway. I'll gladly add just another name to the list and bury you shallow in my back yard, you insolent, pestering little fucks. You wanna fuck with me, ask me later for my address, and I'll gladly give it to you. And next time I check back, I sure as hell hope to see someone's asked.
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

Zeba the Lie wrote: Its also embarassing to believe that people of any sort coul dbuild those giant pyramids, or in less than 100 years, go from riding horses and farming crops, to working on computers, driving fords and chevys, and making small digital devices that can hold more information than an entire library!!!

a straw made of gold!
Machiavelli
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Machiavelli »

While the evidence does exist to prove that there was a massive flood in the Mediterranean region of the world, the idea that it covered the entire earth and that an old man with his family built a boat big enough not only to contain 2 of every animal on the planet (a genetic impossibility) but also big enough to carry supplies for the people and animals for 40 days and nights is absurd. It's a good enough story I guess but seeing as how the first books of the bible weren't even written down until around 800 BCE shows every potential for a lack of accuracy. Besides if you watch "Ancient Aliens" you'd know that all the gods of antiquity were aliens and that the Great Pyramid was really an earth bound power station for an orbiting spaceship! :chew:
The AK-47. When you absolutely positively got to kill every mother#$^#&* in the room...... Accept no substitute.
Taco-Hero
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Taco-Hero »

Where did all the water go?
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Taco-Hero wrote:Where did all the water go?
In Snakes Ass.
Our Host!