Quotes of the year: Beth Forums addition

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

I OWN A BEAUTIFUL LAKESIDE VILLA IN THE SWISS ALPS AFTER THE NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST BECAUSE OH SHIT I DUNNO MY PLAYER THINKS IT'S KEWL SO I GOT 1.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

Today's winner is a little weeaboo named "darkzentai" with his thread "well done Bethesda".
I would like say well done to Bethesda for reading the forum
as some of the ideas have been added to the game
like weapon mods ,gecko as enemys
and other things
You should thank Obsidian Entertainment. They're the developer. Bethesda is only the publisher. :)

I'm sure that they appreciate it though.
sorry i forgot Obsidian Entertainment
cheers
Weapon modifications, geckos as enemies, etc, aren't really ideas they got from a forum, rather features that were present in previous Fallout games. By the time the forum is up, the games has already been planned, scripted, etc...
thank you for spoiling my vision of the world
and how would you know that some games do add thing from forums and beta test like halo
as far a i know or care in my little world someone on the forum ask for weapon mods and weeks later a IGN interview vid tells us weapon mods are in fallout NV
good enough for me
Thank you, Bethesda...thank you for Fallout!
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

and in another thread, darkzentai asks "Can we haz hous plz?"
Can you get a house in Fallout NV like fallout 3 ?

will there be a choice of home like in fallout 3 ?

will it be easy to get ?
and can you get it early in the game ?
i also want closet with change of clothes for after school ok thx!
Last edited by TwinkieGorilla on Tue May 04, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

wtf? where did the edit/delete buttons go?
inomel
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by inomel »

That's the question of the week. Guess May will be 'stick-it-to-you month...
Appearing stupid is sexier than being stupid. Although I hear stoopid was a cut perk in fallout three, but was abandoned when the devs found out it could be simulated by simply playing the game...
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Good job TwinkieGorilla, keep it up!
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Those posts make me die a little inside, and not because they don't know dick about Fallout, but because those are people of my fucking generation and they're complete retards.
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

SenisterDenister wrote:thank you for spoiling my vision of the world
sorry.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

Those people are playing games for the wrong reason, they're playing it just to play it, asking for houses and achievements where there should only be a plot and good writing. That's what I don't get about Modern Warfare 2, everyone I know that played it online HATED IT, but they kept doing it. If you don't actually have fun playing a GAME why play it?
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

SenisterDenister wrote:Those posts make me die a little inside, and not because they don't know dick about Fallout, but because those are people of my fucking generation and they're complete retards.
The more depressing thing is that there are more people with fuck-all for standards that drive the market. Especially clueless fuckwits like Todd Howard.

I've said it before but Bethesda and Todd Howard are to RPGs...

what Fanta Grape is to wine.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

eliminator wrote:OK so call me a noob whatever but will someone kindly explain what cannon is

OK people sorry spelling mistake i know what a cannon is i meant to write canon
Isn't it ironic how that's a locked topic. Good old Beth :p

++++++++++++

Look who I found!!
owen1729 wrote:Okay, you hear that bombs are going to fall, you have enough time to read your self in a shelter in your back yard. What would you have in your own vault, supplies, weapons so on. Share your ideas and lists! :coolvaultboy:
[b wrote:Kickstand27[/b]]if we have Fallout universe tech, i would say a gaming system, my family, a guitar set up, food, CD's, some art supplies.. maybe a CCTV system to monitor above.. a hydro set-up to grow veggies..
That's right guys, you heard it here first, our own Cockstand is on that fagg0t site with his shitty ideas!
++++++++++++
I'm guessing with two studios making Fallout games there are going to be major canon issues? I'd be rad if Beth and Interplay could work together to at least insure the canon remains similar, if not the same.

EDIT: Perhaps I shouldn't assume just because Bethesda dropped their appeal their legal battle is done. Perhaps they're taking another route...
watch this video, this guy is taking credit for the fallout 2 opening trailer saying that he made and made it for fallout new vegas
[url]http://www.youtube.c...j0SEro&aia=true[/url]
bethesda should get like 10 lawers onto him that will teach him what plaguerism is MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
btw fallout is awesome <3
Will Fallout 1 ever be free from Bethesda? Like they made Arena and Daggerfall Free. What do you think?
So I have only ever played fallout 3 out of all the fallout games but am massively drawn in to the whole fallout universe with its rich backstorys and compelling gameplay. Now enough of me gushing. I really want to be able to play fallout 1 on my MacBook Pro but have no idea about how to do this. Bearing in mind i have little to no knowledge about how to do anything technical on my laptop could someone please explain to me the steps i would need to take in order to play this highly rated game on it. Thanks in advance.

Here is my laptop details:

Mac OS X Version 10.5.8
Processor: 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo
Memory: 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Ladies and Gentelmen, you have arrived at Retard Mountain, please keep all lulz away from the animals.
ekkaman
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by ekkaman »

Are you stalking teh poor guy?
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

to be fair, I used to post on that site all the time till I mods got tired of me calling people idiots.
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

Stainless wrote:to be fair, I used to post on that site all the time till I mods got tired of me calling people idiots.
why is that being "fair"? it's not like everybody there is an idiot. just that the forum, games and company seem to attract the all-time greatest hopes for humanity. i think i registered there myself in Sept. 07 and got banned around Nov. 07 or sth (not including the various troll accounts). i've actually had a mod there argue canon with me after i quoted her something Jesse Heinig said which proved her argument not only impotent but entirely incorrect. they're a special breed, those TES folk.
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

giving a little too much credence to the criticism of us glittering gems that the xbox/next-gen/Bethesda loyalists are nothing more than SPLOSHUN larpers, i give you member Superior Dan with an explosive thread!

Remember how brilliant a surprise the cinematics at the beginning of pointlookout and Mothership Zeta were, i believe more of them on a few side missions would be great, to bring this new wasteland alive in a slick HD way, How about cinematics as your character gazes over the great expanses of desert and cinematics over street skirmishes and a flying camera view of vegas at the start of the game to put our HD TV's to some hard work, :foodndrink:And explosions, we all love to see a car on F3 exploding or a bus line go up engulfing super mutants, but more small explosions would be great, instead of those pathetic fire extinguishers :stare:.

How about a few damage able buildings as well to make it more realistic because i have thrown missile upon missile in to a few F3 buildings that would have easily brought it down but No ,,, so i think buildings that at the least have sections that you can make holes in and stuff, nothing major but bullet holes that are permanent like they would be in reality as well, and please Obsidian and Bethesda more Explosions!!!!!! :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:
don't worry, Dan! at Bethsoft you'll find a sympathetic ear!
Explosions are fun. I couldn't agree with this statement more. And as to a level that is somewhat similiar to PL, there needs to be more double barrels. Everybody and their mom needs to own a double barrel.
remember, guys...we all love to see a car on F3 exploding!
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

Oblivion fast travel= too fast.... It felt like i just went through a portal
Fallout 3 fast travel= Same
Fallout 1/2 world travel = pretty good... it felt like i was actually going some where, with the random enounters included.
NO TRAINS hahaha, although, some sort of vehicle would be really cool
Kickstand27
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Kickstand27 »

Kickstand27 wrote:if we have Fallout universe tech, i would say a gaming system, my family, a guitar set up, food, CD's, some art supplies.. maybe a CCTV system to monitor above.. a hydro set-up to grow veggies..

let me start by saying, great cut and paste job with the tags.
indeed, i posted on that site for a short period of time.
i think i even argued canon with Asuir a few times early on, too.
typos are bound to happen. fuck it
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Yonmanc wrote:I really want to be able to play fallout 1 on my MacBook Pro but have no idea about how to do this. Bearing in mind i have little to no knowledge about how to do anything technical on my laptop could someone please explain to me the steps i would need to take in order to play this highly rated game on it. Thanks in advance.

Mac OS X Version 10.5.8

Ladies and Gentelmen, you have arrived at Retard Mountain, please keep all lulz away from the animals.
i don't get it
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Gimp Mask wrote:
Yonmanc wrote:I really want to be able to play fallout 1 on my MacBook Pro but have no idea about how to do this. Bearing in mind i have little to no knowledge about how to do anything technical on my laptop could someone please explain to me the steps i would need to take in order to play this highly rated game on it. Thanks in advance.

Mac OS X Version 10.5.8

i don't get it
:rofl:
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Kickstand27 wrote:
Kickstand27 wrote:if we have Fallout universe tech, i would say a gaming system, my family, a guitar set up, food, CD's, some art supplies.. maybe a CCTV system to monitor above.. a hydro set-up to grow veggies..

let me start by saying, great cut and paste job with the tags.
indeed, i posted on that site for a short period of time.
i think i even argued canon with Asuir a few times early on, too.
I'm sure he was thrilled.
Our Host!