Hooked Gamers previews Fallout: New Vegas

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Hooked Gamers previews Fallout: New Vegas

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Game -> Preview ]</strong> - More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout: New Vegas">Game: Fallout: New Vegas</a>

<p><a href="http://www.hookedgamers.com/x360/fallou ... ml">Hooked Gamers</a> has previewed <strong><em>Fallout: New Vegas</em></strong>, and they offer a much more fair and balanced view than we've seen in most other publications. Here are some highlights:</p>
<blockquote>
<p><em>For a lot of Fallout fans, <em>Fallout 3</em> was not Fallout. It was Bethesda's Post-Apocalyptic RPG and nothing more. For people who were introduced to <em>Fallout</em> through Bethesda's effort, <em>Fallout 3</em> is their Fallout. How do you make a compromise? How do you try to get <em>Fallout 1 & 2</em> fans interested, while not losing the fanbase that arose with <em>Fallout 3</em>? Here's how - <em>Fallout: New Vegas</em>. Hand over development duties to Obsidian Entertainment, a studio with former Fallout leads, while sticking to the engine and gameplay mechanics that defined <em>Fallout 3</em>'s gameplay. It is the kind of compromise that has the potential to give way to new possibilities, and that's enough of a reason for all kinds of Fallout fans to get excited for <em>New Vegas</em>.

Sticking with familiar territory, Obsidian's taking the setting back to the West coast, where </em> <em><em>Fallout 1 & 2</em> both took place in. Set 3 years after the events of <em>Fallout 3</em>, this means it has been nearly 40 years since we heard of any of the events that transpired in the West since <em>Fallout 2</em>. With such a large gap of time, things have changed.</em></p>
<p><em>...</em></p>
<p><em>The Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System, or VATS makes a return. There wasn't much to the system in <em>Fallout 3</em>. You aimed for the head and fired away with zero consequence; it was a combat method that was easy to exploit. So far, very little has been said of how <em>New Vegas</em> will bring any rebalances to V.A.T.S, but there will be a bevy of new weapons and special attacks.</em></p>
<p><em>...</em></p>
<p><em>With a Fall 2010 release date, it is hard to believe just how much Obsidian will be able to cram into <em>Fallout: New Vegas</em> with such a short development timeframe. It won't be as big as <em>Fallout 3</em>, but expect a game that will dig deeper into the rich lore of Fallout. It is about the closest thing to an actual <em>Fallout 3</em> no-compromise fans will ever get and for other Fallout fans, this is more <em>Fallout 3</em>. There's a little bit of everything for all to look forward to and hopefully, Obsidian can pull it off.</em></p>
</blockquote>
<p>Check out the whole preview <a href="http://www.hookedgamers.com/x360/fallou ... re</a>.</p>
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

it's hilarious compared to their 10/10 f3 review and how suddenly everything became not so awesome and suddenly the game had flaws :rofl:
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

entertainer wrote:it's hilarious compared to their 10/10 f3 review and how suddenly everything became not so awesome and suddenly the game had flaws :rofl:
dude. everybody is doing this now and we'll probably continue seeing it. it's called "indie cred", man. you gotta look like you always loved Fallout 1 and weren't quite satisfied with 3 just in case NV makes 3 look even more embarrassing than it actually is.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

What is this Fallout people are talking about? :?
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I hope Obsidian really addresses and deals with most of the problems most of the old community had, within the confines of the game engine, of course.
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Accordig to Edge they seem to be maintaining the clunky character animations and voice acting.
Siede
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Siede »

With such a short amount of time till fall they must be in a hurry, I really loved fallout 3 and expect an even better game from the original creators. I wish they would just be patient and really work on the game. I can be patient too. Even if it doesn't get released for another year or two, as long as they did the best they could and didn't release it too early, I'm happy. I expect alot from this game, a map about the same size, more npc's, better graphics, some travel systems like a hover board, scooter, or even riding on the back of a deathclaw, more interesting scenery vs the only gray scenery of fallout 3, more customization, parts of armor like gloves, boots, chest piece, leggings, belts, capes, and accessories like walky talkys and GPS that you buy and not an actual feature.
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

Siede wrote:With such a short amount of time till fall they must be in a hurry, I really loved fallout 3 and expect an even better game from the original creators. I wish they would just be patient and really work on the game. I can be patient too. Even if it doesn't get released for another year or two, as long as they did the best they could and didn't release it too early, I'm happy. I expect alot from this game, a map about the same size, more npc's, better graphics, some travel systems like a hover board, scooter, or even riding on the back of a deathclaw, more interesting scenery vs the only gray scenery of fallout 3, more customization, parts of armor like gloves, boots, chest piece, leggings, belts, capes, and accessories like walky talkys and GPS that you buy and not an actual feature.
fucking lol.

obvious troll is...well...you know.
Siede
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Siede »

No I have no idea what you just said but I think you just referred to me as a troll.
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

Siede wrote:With such a short amount of time till fall they must be in a hurry, I really loved fallout 3 and expect an even better game from the original creators. I wish they would just be patient and really work on the game. I can be patient too. Even if it doesn't get released for another year or two, as long as they did the best they could and didn't release it too early, I'm happy. I expect alot from this game, a map about the same size, more npc's, better graphics, some travel systems like a hover board, scooter, or even riding on the back of a deathclaw, more interesting scenery vs the only gray scenery of fallout 3, more customization, parts of armor like gloves, boots, chest piece, leggings, belts, capes, and accessories like walky talkys and GPS that you buy and not an actual feature.
die in a fire
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Siede wrote:No I have no idea what you just said but I think you just referred to me as a troll.
You played the first Fallout? That's basically what I want from a new Fallout. I don't mind if they change it to 3D, but I basically just want the same gameplay with a new story.

I enjoyed the Van Buren Tech demo, but I can't play it anymore without feelin depressed ever because I know that it will never be finished, and the reason that it will never be finished is because Bethesda in-house developers seem incapable of making any game that isn't a .esm file, and their marketing guys are more concerned with maximising profits than taking a risk with the old gameplay.

Riding on the back of a deathclaw? I'd love nothing more than to ride the back of your whore mother as she screams in agony as I coat her pussy in cyanide and nettles you fucking 12 year old jizz bag. Delete your account, go pick up a controller, and play Halo, and be glad you still have a high enough IQ to carry on breathing, you fucking bucket of tard. That's what you are, a big bucket of tard.
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

Siede wrote:No I have no idea what you just said but I think you just referred to me as a troll.
http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php ... 29#1120829
Siede
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Siede »

I just got finished playing a couple rounds of halo with my friends on splitscreen and had a blast, I love halo, and my mother probably is a deathclaw.
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

inspirational
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

That's a new DAC caption.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Its about time we get some retards in here. He's no Dreadnaught though.
Siede
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Siede »

In advance I never played fallout 1 or 2 although I heard great things. I liked fallout 3 and new vegas is already more than half done so it's too late to complain. Maybe next time but for now just expect something different than you already were because it's too late for that. I think that in fallout 3 you move way too slow and having something to solve that would be great.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

There's no way this guy is serious.
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

Siede wrote:In advance I never played fallout 1 or 2 although I heard great things. I liked fallout 3 and new vegas is already more than half done so it's too late to complain. Maybe next time but for now just expect something different than you already were because it's too late for that. I think that in fallout 3 you move way too slow and having something to solve that would be great.
:pete:
Siede
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Siede »

Very serious.
Our Host!