Wii

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Wii

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Okay my parents bought a Wii about 2 years ago and none of them have played it once and I only played it a few times. We got Super mario galaxy, wii sports, and wii fit (lol). I don't really ever play the thing but recently Red Steel 2 came out which looks like it is the closest thing to an actual sword fighting game so I bought it with the Wii Motion plus which supposedly makes your Wii remote more accurate. Anyways the wii motion plus won't calibrate when it says to calibrate so I don't know if my remote isn't how it's supposed to be to enjoy the game but I seem to be able to do the moves so I just skip the calibration.

First off the thing not being able to calibrate pisses me off since I rarely ever use this machine and I already have problems with it and second the game isn't as cool as I thought it would be. The graphics are a blurry mess on an HDTV so i'm going to have to buy some component cables or something to atleast improve it. Also when trying to find games to play on the Wii they are either for little babies or for teenagers who want mature games that include lots of blood and jokes about dildos. Seriously, there are barely any interesting games to play on the Wii if you don't have a party of people over to mess around with.

I'm a Wii bit disappointed.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

The best two games on the Wii are the two Sam and Max games.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

That last line made me chuckle. The new Super Smash Brothers game is really fun, although it'd be best to have other people to play with, as with all fighting games.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

The Conduit was fun, though the turning controls are a little spazzy and there aren't many different types of enemies.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

I recommend emulation. It's alot more practical playing with a mouse anyway. Though I've tried few games worth a mention.
ekkaman
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by ekkaman »

Madworld was worth about 30 mins of your time, not many games on their that are good unless your drinking with friends.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I laugh everytime someone buys a Wii, because I don't think of any instance where I heard a game come out for it and think "wish that was on PC". It's got a games catalogue worse then the N64's first years.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Seriously, it makes me wonder what nintedo's internal developers are spending all their time on. They used to make real games now they make Wii Resort and Wii Fit among others.

Does anyone have any recommendations of games that aren't baby like. I might look into the conduit even though I heard it has shit aspects to it.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Just remember. This is still the best selling home system worldwide. Surely a comment on the world more than anything else.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

It's more a comment on marketing than anything else. It's user friendly, marketed towards families, and the motion control is unique.

Xbox and PS3 commercials, on the other hand, always feature multiple explosions and bodies flying through the air. With most "gamers" now being middle-aged to elderly people who sit around playing Java and flash games, which console do you think is going to get more market share?
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
ekkaman
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by ekkaman »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Just remember. This is still the best selling home system worldwide. Surely a comment on the world more than anything else.
You could say the same about players of any of Zyngas games.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

i would have thought its worth it for all the mario madness alone and zelda maybe, if you're into that old time fun. i think wii should be played with decent amounts of drugs in your system though, plenty of games for that purpose :deblob:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I played Zelda on the gamecube when it was released so I haven't really felt the need to play it on the Wii. Mario I guess I should give it another shot, I was mostly interested in mario when it's 2d but galaxy is supposed to be bueno.
Our Host!