Fallout 2 video?

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

And why is that?
inomel
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by inomel »

Precisely why I like a physical copy of the software. I'd like to know if the same problem comes up when you buy one.
Appearing stupid is sexier than being stupid. Although I hear stoopid was a cut perk in fallout three, but was abandoned when the devs found out it could be simulated by simply playing the game...
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Retlaw83 wrote:I don't get what the fascination everyone has with running all their games through Steam these days.
No discs to hassle with, infinite fucking downloads of the game to any computer in the world as long as its to your account. It’s ingenious.

Not to mention they run some really nice specials every now and then so you save money with it. Now being a redneck fuck I am assuming you are on the backend of the world without health insurance or a broad band connection sitting in your basement masturbating to guys fucking goats and that's why you hate it.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
General Alexi
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by General Alexi »

Why would buying the disc help it? Have you thought that maybe its not supposed to run on windows 7?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

MR Snake wrote:No discs to hassle with, infinite fucking downloads of the game to any computer in the world as long as its to your account. It’s ingenious.

Not to mention they run some really nice specials every now and then so you save money with it. Now being a redneck fuck I am assuming you are on the backend of the world without health insurance or a broad band connection sitting in your basement masturbating to guys fucking goats and that's why you hate it.
Jesus fucking Christ Snake. Will you ever learn to read?

I know what Steam is. I've bought shit from it before. What I was asking about is the fascination a lot of people have with running non-Steam games through Steam, and I asked that because I didn't realize Fallout 2 was available on there as I don't spend time browsing for games I already own.

Now stop getting fucked in the ass by your father for 10 minutes and learn how to read a map.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
inomel
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by inomel »

General Alexi wrote:Why would buying the disc help it? Have you thought that maybe its not supposed to run on windows 7?
A disk 'usually' means you have an uncorrupted version of the software.

It wasn't supposed to run on vista, but there are ways. You may have to do some searching and tweaking to get it to run proper on your environment.
Appearing stupid is sexier than being stupid. Although I hear stoopid was a cut perk in fallout three, but was abandoned when the devs found out it could be simulated by simply playing the game...
Our Host!