What Perks or Traits would you like to see in the game?

Discuss Obsidian's Vegas Fallout game here. Also: Fallout 4, Fallout 76, Fallout Shelter and other new dairy products from Bethesda's farm that don't have separate forums here yet.
SaMooRai
SDF!
SDF!

What Perks or Traits would you like to see in the game?

Post by SaMooRai »

for me its:

Perks:

Family Jewels: deals 10% more damage in Fore! attack and other groin shot attack

Tactician: followers deal 10% more damage

Brotherhood of steel knight: deal 5% more damage with energy weapons and get a 10% Defense boost when in Power armor
(evil version (Possibly but who knows) called enclave solider)
New California Ranger: 5% to small guns and 10% to combat armor
(evil version called Caesar Legionnaire)

Traits:

Sexpert: :eyebrow:

Bigot: Ghouls hate you but other Racists love you!

Ghoul lover: opposite of bigot

thats all i can thank of for now.....
Last edited by SaMooRai on Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

You are forgetting the fact that FO3 and NV won't have the necessary sophistication to implement those. The most they will do is that in the case of your "Bigot" trait, all ghouls will have a different opening line which will lead to standard conversation. I mean, you shouldn't miss out on content, right? This fine content has indeed been manufactured by the very Bethesda Shit Engine (tm) which no-one in the industry can surpass.

From a reasonable perspective, however, those perks are too powerful, all equivalent of "Sniper" in FO2.
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Van Buren Perk: Changes the whole game to a finished version of van Buren
SaMooRai
SDF!
SDF!

Post by SaMooRai »

yeah now that i think about it they kinda are overpowered so some nerfing needs to be done
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Didn't they mention that they were, in fact, bringing traits back? And that Obsidian's guys were intent on making dialogue that didn't involve the same answers to different questions?

On the subject, however, I still think the "Strange Scent" idea I had about a year ago was a good one. -10 to speech and -2 to CHR, but Deathclaws are no longer hostile.
'Cause you're wearing their urine. 'Cause war never changes.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Re: What Perks or Traits would you like to see in the game?

Post by King of Creation »

SaMooRai wrote: Family Jewels: deals 10% more damage in Fore! attack and other groin shot attack
Unfortunately, Fore! doesn't actually attack the groin. It's a golf swing to the head. I like the idea though.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Bethesda's Promise: Erode all the soil around your enemies
Kickstand27
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Kickstand27 »

Frater Perdurabo wrote: I mean, you shouldn't miss out on content, right? This fine content has indeed been manufactured by the very Bethesda Shit Engine (tm) which no-one in the industry can surpass.

you know, even bethesda had you miss out on content depending on what choices you make. .
Given that and with obsidian working on it, why wouldnt they?
typos are bound to happen. fuck it
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Kickstand27 wrote:
Frater Perdurabo wrote: I mean, you shouldn't miss out on content, right? This fine content has indeed been manufactured by the very Bethesda Shit Engine (tm) which no-one in the industry can surpass.

you know, even bethesda had you miss out on content depending on what choices you make. .
Given that and with obsidian working on it, why wouldnt they?
lol
Kickstand27
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Kickstand27 »

lol indeed. again, i know you all dont liek fallout three. but its not as black and white as you all are making it out to be.
I suppose you could still go to megaton after you blew it up? Stll get facial recronstructive surgery if you turned in harkness rigt off the bat? live in tenpenny if you didnt blow up megaton?

the idea, the point, is that getting contend based upon your choices is an option. even if you dont agree with how bethsoft handled it-obsidian is releasing this one. so lets see what they do. sheesh
typos are bound to happen. fuck it
SaMooRai
SDF!
SDF!

Re: What Perks or Traits would you like to see in the game?

Post by SaMooRai »

King of Creation wrote:
SaMooRai wrote: Family Jewels: deals 10% more damage in Fore! attack and other groin shot attack
Unfortunately, Fore! doesn't actually attack the groin. It's a golf swing to the head. I like the idea though.
oh i thought i read some where it hits the groin
my bad...
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

We all originally thought it was, but the new screenshots and interviews with the Obsidian devs said it's not a groin shot.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

God Emperor: You gain sandtrout skin, but time has taken its toll. -75% movement speed, +Precognition and you now control the flow of Spice.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Leto II had super human reflexes with the trout skin, didn't he? I mean, until he himself turned into the worm thing.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

That he did. He managed to do all sorts of fancy shit when he first got it.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

Its been forever since I've read Dune, I only got to the God-Emperor of Dune in the series, I've heard the stuff by his son isn't that good.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Never read the Dune books, just played the games. Books any good?
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

The books are fantastic. I've, sadly, read all of them including the prequels and all that. Easily one of my favorite series of all time.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

What KoC meant to say is "The first one is fantastic". Dune itself is great, Dune Messiah is ok, Children of Dune starts to get a little gay, and then it's just a pile of rancid shit after that (including the prequels by his franchise raping son and that "i'm a star wars wrtier!" fuckhead.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Stainless wrote:What KoC meant to say is "The first one is fantastic". Dune itself is great, Dune Messiah is ok, Children of Dune starts to get a little gay, and then it's just a pile of rancid shit after that (including the prequels by his franchise raping son and that "i'm a star wars wrtier!" fuckhead.
Exactly my thoughts on the series. Dune was, in a word, amazing. Messiah was pretty good. Children definitely started a "Wait a minute..." and after that is a rapid, rapid slide into shit. The prequels/whatever in gods name his son calls them are basically an examination in literary necrophilia.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Our Host!