Cloud9 builds a computer (Done!)

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

ATI sucks, should have gone with Nvidia.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

Packed pretty tight in there, and the PSU underneath it all, never seen that before. I wouldn't think you'd want the heat from the PSU wafting all up through the other stuff. The size video cards are these days, it almost looks like you're going to get some greenhouse effect action going on in there.
I'd put a lower exhaust fan where that grill is in the back
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Retlaw83 wrote:ATI sucks, should have gone with Nvidia.
Talk about talking out of your extremely large and chubby ass.

Go read some books before you comment. For that kind of money that card offers the best quality there is.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

MR Snake wrote:
Retlaw83 wrote:ATI sucks, should have gone with Nvidia.
Talk about talking out of your extremely large and chubby ass.

Go read some books before you comment. For that kind of money that card offers the best quality there is.
Every ATI card I've ever owned sucked. I just switched back to Nvidia after taking a chance on ATI and it was probably the best computing move I made.

What the fuck do books have to do with determining which brand of card is better based on experience? And given your reading comprehension, you should be the last person on earth who demands others read.

Go learn which way north is, then maybe you'll be allowed to talk with the grownups.
- the Vault Dweller
inomel
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by inomel »

Now that's a computer you should be able to find much use for in the foreseeable future. If I hear you losing frames on any game released this year, I'd be very sad. :giggle:
Appearing stupid is sexier than being stupid. Although I hear stoopid was a cut perk in fallout three, but was abandoned when the devs found out it could be simulated by simply playing the game...
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Nvidia has way better drivers than ATI, who just build really powerful cards and expect it to run more on hardware than software, whereas Nvidia has a nice balance between the two, helping them run more optimized.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

What was the final price Cloudnine?
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

SenisterDenister wrote:Nvidia has way better drivers than ATI, who just build really powerful cards and expect it to run more on hardware than software, whereas Nvidia has a nice balance between the two, helping them run more optimized.
That's pretty much the nail on the head. ATI tries to brute force it through hardware, while Nvidia tries to finesse it. Also another huge thing in Nvidia's favor is you can manually set profiles for each program - if there's a way to do it for ATI cards, I wasn't able to find it despite looking very hard.

I also noticed that ATI cards shat the bed on particle effects, while Nvidia cards (even my supposedly inferior one) handled the same stuff well.
- the Vault Dweller
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Retlaw83 wrote:
SenisterDenister wrote:Nvidia has way better drivers than ATI, who just build really powerful cards and expect it to run more on hardware than software, whereas Nvidia has a nice balance between the two, helping them run more optimized.
That's pretty much the nail on the head. ATI tries to brute force it through hardware, while Nvidia tries to finesse it. Also another huge thing in Nvidia's favor is you can manually set profiles for each program - if there's a way to do it for ATI cards, I wasn't able to find it despite looking very hard.

I also noticed that ATI cards shat the bed on particle effects, while Nvidia cards (even my supposedly inferior one) handled the same stuff well.
Facepalm. You obviously know shit about cards, as for most things not revolving around fucking men and sheep. The quality of the hardware of the cards and in the recent future, the video drivers vastly outnumbers any nvidia card both in price and performance. More power for your buck.

Oh you had two whole cards who sucked? Well you suck. Knowing your skill in computers you probably tried to insert the card into the floppy disk.
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

need moar ram captain

how can quality outnumber something precious?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

But does it run Killa? :?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

King of Creation wrote:What was the final price Cloudnine?
I'd love to know this as well.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

MR Snake wrote: Facepalm. You obviously know shit about cards, as for most things not revolving around fucking men and sheep. The quality of the hardware of the cards and in the recent future, the video drivers vastly outnumbers any nvidia card both in price and performance. More power for your buck.

Oh you had two whole cards who sucked? Well you suck. Knowing your skill in computers you probably tried to insert the card into the floppy disk.
Your inability to read fails you again. I've talked about my last three cards here. I've owned 10+ videocards in the past decade, 2 or 3 of them ATI, and they've always performed worse than the Nvidia cards.

In the case of my last "upgrade" from an Nvidia to an ATI card, the ATI card handled textures and stuff better and generally got better frame rates - until you hit anything involving particle effects, at which time everything slowed to a crawl. On my "inferior" Nvidia card, particle effects didn't slow it down. My solution, of course, was to buy a new Nvidia card that performs awesomely.

I, and the rest of DAC, would be smart not to listen to computing advice from someone who doesn't know Sweden is north of most of the rest of the world.
- the Vault Dweller
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Image I think after this picture of yourself being humiliated as usual says what needs to be said about your mental state.

Your massive man-boobs know more about videocards than you do.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

It's not a picture of me being humiliated - Captain Pudding was a group collaboration to end world hunger.

Snake, I'm sorry you're too poor to have real-world experiences with computer hardware, but it's not reason to prolong your legacy of failure.
- the Vault Dweller
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

I have had both Nvidia and Ati and to be honest, I did have more problems with the ati card, but to this day I can max out any game I want with the 4870x2 monster. Had I bought a nvidia brand card of similar price at the time I would be able to play tetris with it right now.

To end world hunger we would only need to roast your body over an open flame. Enough meat there to save Africa.

My computer is top of the line bitch and I made it 1 year ago. I am sure you had to work like a bitch at Starbucks for your $178 computer. I just wrote it off on my company.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

My computer is just fine. Got it as a graduation present after finishing college - base model wasn't so hot, but the thing was full of expansion slots, so I've upgraded it.

I doubt you wrote off anything to your company, considering your pimp pays you 10 cents for every time you're fucked in the ass. I also would have reservations about doing business with a company who's employees don't know which way north is.
- the Vault Dweller
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

A broken record repeating himself.

I could argue that Sweden is closer to the ocean level than whatever redneck city you live in, and so I was correct in saying the "come down to Sweden" part.

Did you get the computer to finally get some friends who will not belittle you with peanutbutter?

So do you still carry the old motherboard? Because a chassi is nothing but four walls regardless if it has "expansion slots".
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

MR Snake wrote: I could argue that Sweden is closer to the ocean level than whatever redneck city you live in, and so I was correct in saying the "come down to Sweden" part.
No, you can't, as Sweden is north of where I live. The only way your logic would work is if I was skydiving.
Did you get the computer to finally get some friends who will not belittle you with peanutbutter?
I have plenty of friends, and none who have ever done that. I got the computer to play newer games and for work related purposes.
So do you still carry the old motherboard? Because a chassi is nothing but four walls regardless if it has "expansion slots".
I have the old motherboard. Problem isn't the motherboard, though, it was what was originally plugged into the motherboard. Since getting it I've upgraded everything inside aside from the hard drive, DVD drive and motherboard.
- the Vault Dweller
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

The motherboard still has limitations and can slow down a computer a lot despite being able to host fast ram and cpus. Just saying.

I am kind of curious as to what motherboard you have now.
Our Host!