DAC Interview with Tim Cain

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

I don't really think he needs to be "winking" that much.
Skrekkur
The Unlucky SDF!
The Unlucky SDF!

Post by Skrekkur »

Kashluk wrote:
Retlaw83 wrote:I liked his quote about "Of course, I would have done things differently if I had made it."
Yeah, I really liked that part as well. It felt like he was winking his eye to the Fallout community: 'blahblahblah fallout 3 was nice -- of course, I would have done things differently if I had made it' *wink, wink* 'I mean that it was a steaming pile of dung, and that I could've done an awful lot better.'
He also said he would have made things differently with fallout 1 and 2.
I really do not understand all the flak some of the old fallout fans are hurling at the game.

I am a fallout fan and played fallout 1 and 2 to the death when they came out, also fallout tactics, although didn't like that too much.
Fallout 3 is truly a great game, but truly gets better with the broken steel DLC. Many things can also be changed by modding.

It has so much effort put into it, and is largely true to the fallout universe. I don't think he is being diplomatic here, I think he truthfully likes it.
I say give credit where it's due.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

It has so much effort put into it
And yet, they couldn't put the effort into hiring some decent writers.

Also - who the fuck are all you new guys? You all sound like the same person just with different accounts to be more annoying.

I know I'm setting myself up, but what don't you understand about some of the "flak" given by Fallout Fans? I figured that part was pretty clear, or do I have to write a list of greviences and post it to the wall of my nearby church?
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Never hurts to put the word to the streets.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Wolfman Walt wrote:or do I have to write a list of greviences and post it to the wall of my nearby church?
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Skrekkur wrote:
Kashluk wrote:
Retlaw83 wrote:I liked his quote about "Of course, I would have done things differently if I had made it."
Yeah, I really liked that part as well. It felt like he was winking his eye to the Fallout community: 'blahblahblah fallout 3 was nice -- of course, I would have done things differently if I had made it' *wink, wink* 'I mean that it was a steaming pile of dung, and that I could've done an awful lot better.'
He also said he would have made things differently with fallout 1 and 2.
I really do not understand all the flak some of the old fallout fans are hurling at the game.

I am a fallout fan and played fallout 1 and 2 to the death when they came out, also fallout tactics, although didn't like that too much.
Fallout 3 is truly a great game, but truly gets better with the broken steel DLC. Many things can also be changed by modding.

It has so much effort put into it, and is largely true to the fallout universe. I don't think he is being diplomatic here, I think he truthfully likes it.
I say give credit where it's due.
I don't understand why we can't hurl abuse at a game we don't like in peace, without some whinging douche ruining it for us.

That's what I hate about Fallout 3 fans, they're all crybaby homos.

"Wahh wahh, you don't like the same things I do!"

Why don't you go fuck a sheep and drink some battery acid you annoying zilch.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Also - who the fuck are all you new guys? You all sound like the same person just with different accounts to be more annoying.

I know I'm setting myself up, but what don't you understand about some of the "flak" given by Fallout Fans? I figured that part was pretty clear, or do I have to write a list of greviences and post it to the wall of my nearby church?
inomel
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by inomel »

Wolfman Walt wrote: I know I'm setting myself up,
Sharing doesn't get any easier as time passes? There's enough Fallout for everyone.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Wasn't Listening wrote:ruining
You give THEM far too much credit. Twit. :drunk:
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

They like money. And sex. And they hang out.

No matter how much logic and reason we put in front of them, they see shiny things, gigantic explosions, and slo-mo gory death sequences. We've lost the war.

Until a game with stellar writing, intriguing plot, a wide array of moral ambiguity AND hollywood explosions and cutting edge graphics, I don't think they'll even pay heed to any form of role playing, plausibility(even that which is loosely applied to gaming), or character development.
...signatures? WTF?
consoleskilledtheRPGstar
SDF!
SDF!

Post by consoleskilledtheRPGstar »

awesome
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

"Did I ever tell you kids how I survived the SDF invasion of twenty-ten?"
ekkaman
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by ekkaman »

Ill get the popcorn and Hookers.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

SenisterDenister wrote:"Did I ever tell you kids how I survived the SDF invasion of twenty-ten?"
Is it "twenty-ten" or "twothousand-ten"? :crazy:
PiP

Post by PiP »

apparently some grammar nazi komando established it's twenty ten, for whatever reason
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Well, 1950 is nineteen-fifty, so twenty-ten for 2010 makes sense.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

But how about twenty-nine / twothousand-nine?
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Saying twenty oh nine just sounds weird. I'm a 100% supporter of twenty ten.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Whats with the SDF's and anime? Anime stinks. One style, and it's shit.
Skrekkur
The Unlucky SDF!
The Unlucky SDF!

Well

Post by Skrekkur »

I came here from shacknews, must admit haven't been to any fallout forums recently, except to get some f3 mods.
To answer your question I would like a list of grievances you or others have about it, or at least a quick summary.

F3 perhaps doesn't have the strongest main story, but I don't think fallout 1 had it either. I really liked all the mystery fallout 2 had, and I won't forget that experience.
I was like WTF when they announced fallout 3 would be an FPS and was very sceptical at first.

The only things I can think of now is that melee and unarmed is rather underpowered compared to the others and you can't aim or anything like that, and it is too easy to become master of all.

I really like the non-linear nature of Fallout 3, and oblivion, but I can understand why some people don't like it.
Our Host!