Duck and Cover Forum Index


Use these links, buy stuff from Amazon and help us out, nubs. Link Translator
Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Fishpond.co.nz
  Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 Support DAC!
 DAC Interview with Tim Cain View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topicReply to topic
Author Message
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity


Joined: 18 Apr 2003
Posts: 5022
Location: Brighton beach

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't really think he needs to be "winking" that much.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
Skrekkur
The Unlucky SDF!
The Unlucky SDF!


Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Posts: 13
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kashluk wrote:
Retlaw83 wrote:
I liked his quote about "Of course, I would have done things differently if I had made it."


Yeah, I really liked that part as well. It felt like he was winking his eye to the Fallout community: 'blahblahblah fallout 3 was nice -- of course, I would have done things differently if I had made it' *wink, wink* 'I mean that it was a steaming pile of dung, and that I could've done an awful lot better.'


He also said he would have made things differently with fallout 1 and 2.
I really do not understand all the flak some of the old fallout fans are hurling at the game.

I am a fallout fan and played fallout 1 and 2 to the death when they came out, also fallout tactics, although didn't like that too much.
Fallout 3 is truly a great game, but truly gets better with the broken steel DLC. Many things can also be changed by modding.

It has so much effort put into it, and is largely true to the fallout universe. I don't think he is being diplomatic here, I think he truthfully likes it.
I say give credit where it's due.
View user's profileSend private message
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member


Joined: 15 Mar 2003
Posts: 5170
Location: La Grange, Kentucky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
It has so much effort put into it

And yet, they couldn't put the effort into hiring some decent writers.

Also - who the fuck are all you new guys? You all sound like the same person just with different accounts to be more annoying.

I know I'm setting myself up, but what don't you understand about some of the "flak" given by Fallout Fans? I figured that part was pretty clear, or do I have to write a list of greviences and post it to the wall of my nearby church?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
SenisterDenister
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere


Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Posts: 2851
Location: Cackalackyland

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Never hurts to put the word to the streets.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Kashluk
Grand MF
Grand MF


Joined: 15 May 2003
Posts: 7512

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wolfman Walt wrote:
or do I have to write a list of greviences and post it to the wall of my nearby church?


View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands


Joined: 23 Jun 2009
Posts: 2224
Location: Manchester, UK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Skrekkur wrote:
Kashluk wrote:
Retlaw83 wrote:
I liked his quote about "Of course, I would have done things differently if I had made it."


Yeah, I really liked that part as well. It felt like he was winking his eye to the Fallout community: 'blahblahblah fallout 3 was nice -- of course, I would have done things differently if I had made it' *wink, wink* 'I mean that it was a steaming pile of dung, and that I could've done an awful lot better.'


He also said he would have made things differently with fallout 1 and 2.
I really do not understand all the flak some of the old fallout fans are hurling at the game.

I am a fallout fan and played fallout 1 and 2 to the death when they came out, also fallout tactics, although didn't like that too much.
Fallout 3 is truly a great game, but truly gets better with the broken steel DLC. Many things can also be changed by modding.

It has so much effort put into it, and is largely true to the fallout universe. I don't think he is being diplomatic here, I think he truthfully likes it.
I say give credit where it's due.


I don't understand why we can't hurl abuse at a game we don't like in peace, without some whinging douche ruining it for us.

That's what I hate about Fallout 3 fans, they're all crybaby homos.

"Wahh wahh, you don't like the same things I do!"

Why don't you go fuck a sheep and drink some battery acid you annoying zilch.
View user's profileSend private message
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna


Joined: 15 Jun 2002
Posts: 8716

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wolfman Walt wrote:
Also - who the fuck are all you new guys? You all sound like the same person just with different accounts to be more annoying.

I know I'm setting myself up, but what don't you understand about some of the "flak" given by Fallout Fans? I figured that part was pretty clear, or do I have to write a list of greviences and post it to the wall of my nearby church?

View user's profileSend private message
inomel
Wanderer
Wanderer


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 422

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wolfman Walt wrote:

I know I'm setting myself up,


Sharing doesn't get any easier as time passes? There's enough Fallout for everyone.
View user's profileSend private message
Blargh
‹berkommando
‹berkommando


Joined: 09 Nov 2003
Posts: 6271

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wasn't Listening wrote:
ruining


You give THEM far too much credit. Twit. icon_drunk
View user's profileSend private message
Caleb
Strider
Strider


Joined: 03 Jun 2006
Posts: 727
Location: Seattle, WA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They like money. And sex. And they hang out.

No matter how much logic and reason we put in front of them, they see shiny things, gigantic explosions, and slo-mo gory death sequences. We've lost the war.

Until a game with stellar writing, intriguing plot, a wide array of moral ambiguity AND hollywood explosions and cutting edge graphics, I don't think they'll even pay heed to any form of role playing, plausibility(even that which is loosely applied to gaming), or character development.
View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address
consoleskilledtheRPGstar
SDF!
SDF!


Joined: 09 Jul 2007
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

awesome
View user's profileSend private message
SenisterDenister
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere


Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Posts: 2851
Location: Cackalackyland

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"Did I ever tell you kids how I survived the SDF invasion of twenty-ten?"
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
ekkaman
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer


Joined: 19 May 2009
Posts: 692
Location: im everwhere im everwhere

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ill get the popcorn and Hookers.
View user's profileSend private message
Kashluk
Grand MF
Grand MF


Joined: 15 May 2003
Posts: 7512

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SenisterDenister wrote:
"Did I ever tell you kids how I survived the SDF invasion of twenty-ten?"


Is it "twenty-ten" or "twothousand-ten"? icon_crazy
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity


Joined: 18 Apr 2003
Posts: 5022
Location: Brighton beach

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

apparently some grammar nazi komando established it's twenty ten, for whatever reason
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator


Joined: 19 May 2003
Posts: 3340

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, 1950 is nineteen-fifty, so twenty-ten for 2010 makes sense.
View user's profileSend private message
Kashluk
Grand MF
Grand MF


Joined: 15 May 2003
Posts: 7512

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

But how about twenty-nine / twothousand-nine?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator


Joined: 20 Dec 2003
Posts: 5101

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Saying twenty oh nine just sounds weird. I'm a 100% supporter of twenty ten.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands


Joined: 23 Jun 2009
Posts: 2224
Location: Manchester, UK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Whats with the SDF's and anime? Anime stinks. One style, and it's shit.
View user's profileSend private message
Skrekkur
The Unlucky SDF!
The Unlucky SDF!


Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Posts: 13
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I came here from shacknews, must admit haven't been to any fallout forums recently, except to get some f3 mods.
To answer your question I would like a list of grievances you or others have about it, or at least a quick summary.

F3 perhaps doesn't have the strongest main story, but I don't think fallout 1 had it either. I really liked all the mystery fallout 2 had, and I won't forget that experience.
I was like WTF when they announced fallout 3 would be an FPS and was very sceptical at first.

The only things I can think of now is that melee and unarmed is rather underpowered compared to the others and you can't aim or anything like that, and it is too easy to become master of all.

I really like the non-linear nature of Fallout 3, and oblivion, but I can understand why some people don't like it.
View user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic


Jump to:  



View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group