OXM Responds to Fallout Community Criticism

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Colonel Tannanbaum
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Colonel Tannanbaum »

I laughed. I honest to god laughed. Did the editor of OXM just feel the need to issue a reply to angry posts here on the forum?

Well... despite Mr. Hicks' claim that 'most' of us XBOX owners won't be interested to know that (some of) the original developers of our favorite Post Apocalyptic Franchise are making New Vegas... you know... using a lot of ideas that had been floating around since Black Isle closed... and like... with a record of exceptional storytelling ability...

... something tells me you struck a nerve.

Keep up the good work!
"Now listen here, son... I've served with the United States Army since 2251, joined the day I turned 18. I've never been more proud to wear the uniform. But President Eden? Hell... I voted for the other guy." -Johnathan Tannanbaum to the Lone Wanderer
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Complete grammar? O-M-G.
Colonel Tannanbaum
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Colonel Tannanbaum »

What? Where?

Lies...
"Now listen here, son... I've served with the United States Army since 2251, joined the day I turned 18. I've never been more proud to wear the uniform. But President Eden? Hell... I voted for the other guy." -Johnathan Tannanbaum to the Lone Wanderer
baby arm
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by baby arm »

DACsters being nice to KoC and Danny is a moderator - it's like the world turned upside-down, Bizarro DAC, through the looking glass, etc. What's next, Pooper posting news?
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

I think it's mildly possible that New Vegas is going to be better than "Fallout" 3. So you aren't alone in that, KoC.

But that's it. New Vegas is like sticking a birthday candle in dogshit.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

baby arm wrote:What's next, Pooper posting news?
It's already happened!
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

baby arm wrote:DACsters being nice to KoC and Danny is a moderator - it's like the world turned upside-down, Bizarro DAC, through the looking glass, etc. What's next, Pooper posting news?
As Ragnarok as it may seem, not much has really changed. KoC is just keeping things running and providing relevant news updates. The only reason I'm a mod is that I basically asked at random with no real motive, and he obliged (considering I'm non-hostile and think in DaC's best interests).
Point being is that there's really no point in feeling amazed at "being here," when we were only an inch backward and moved that much onward. Simple enough.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

No real motive ? Non-hostile ? Best interests ?

Ahaha. Danny, Danny, Dan Dan Dan, you're almost as feckless as that OXM prannock. :drunk:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

While I will share a laugh at the "non-hostile" element of what I said (considering my first week here), I stand by what I said. Of all the arguing on DaC's defense I directed at DarkUnderlord following the last massive attack on DaC, I will assert that I care about what happens to this site and the community it houses--regardless of how much members of that community may or may not despise me.

That includes you. I actually consider you to be one of the most valuable members to DaC to date. You provide a certain unique, humorous and devious perspective and input that DaC benefits from, and I enjoy. It is a combination of unique perspectives--like yours-- along with the common ground of being Fallout fans that makes DaC so... flavorful. So interesting. And while we may succumb to boredom and often lack attendance, DaC ultimately carries a quality unprovided by anything or anywhere else.
Our Host!